Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936) - Page 734

post #10996 of 14100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

One of the Klipsch KG drivers. I was under the impression Sonion manufactured them but I can't remember where I got that idea.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

 

Yes, Klipsch always orders from Sonion. They've never worked with Knowles.

 

Outwardly, it's code-named the KG926, but that doesn't mean anything to anyone. In terms of form factor and electroacoustic properties (FR, impedance, THD pattern, etc.), it's most similar to the 26A005/8, but it may not be identical. If anything the KG926 is the progenitor to the 26A005/8, as it came to market earlier.

 

However, the Sleek Audio SA6/CT6 are confirmed to utilize the 26A005/8, and with some tweaks, the SA6 can be tuned to measure very similarly to the X10, with matching first and second resonance points, suggesting that the two share at least a similar driver family.

Thanks to both of you!

 

Reason I ask is because I sent a klipsch x10i into be reshelled aaages ago.  Had fit issues, but the sound wasn't what I remembered and it seems to be for good reason! 

post #10997 of 14100

One other quick question (it is all related I promise!) is do either of you (tom or joker) know what drivers the westone 2 uses please?

post #10998 of 14100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

The units I have weren't brand new when I got them. 

 

 

I rarely use EQ - mostly when I'm trying to figure why a certain headphone's sound is bothering me. The Cowon has nice presets but the adjustable EQ could be better. I use a parametric EQ plug-in on my PC instead.

 

 

May I know which player use on your PC? And no more personal questions wink.gif. BTW all questions in this great thread  are moreles personal - yours empirical opinions about IEMs. Thanks and Respect Man!

post #10999 of 14100
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post  Reason I ask is because I sent a klipsch x10i into be reshelled aaages ago.  Had fit issues, but the sound wasn't what I remembered and it seems to be for good reason! 

 

The X10 has some tuning done to the housing by Klipsch as well. Recently, a DIYer-turned-MOT, a Japanese chap who goes by the handle of KumitateK, remolded an X10 with the anterior housing intact, and it still yielded differences. Remolding is always going to alter the sound, whether it be due to the possibility of insertion depth, tip-related resonance differences, venting differences, or other small factors, a custom remold is almost never going to be exactly the same as the original. Read his blog entry (or just look at the pictures) for more information: http://diy-ciem.blogspot.jp/2013/07/klipsch-x10.html

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

One other quick question (it is all related I promise!) is do either of you (tom or joker) know what drivers the westone 2 uses please?

 

GQ-30783... this one I'm quite (~98%) sure of. In the future, for driver information, instead of bothering the good Joker (kidding), refer to the chart.

post #11000 of 14100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcsa View Post

May I know which player use on your PC? And no more personal questions wink.gif. BTW all questions in this great thread  are moreles personal - yours empirical opinions about IEMs. Thanks and Respect Man!

 

I use mediamonkey, mostly for its library management features. It natively supports winamp plugins including the parametric EQ that I use.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

GQ-30783... this one I'm quite (~98%) sure of. In the future, for driver information, instead of bothering the good Joker (kidding), refer to the chart.

 

Added the chart thread to the "useful links" section at the front of this thread.

post #11001 of 14100
Oh yeah.. and I'm happy to see you liked the H-100. I heard it just the way you did (and was, apparently, one of the ten people on earth who liked it). When I said so way back when I had it, everyone thought I was crazy. Sweet, sweet validation.. so this is what victory tastes like.. LOL.
post #11002 of 14100
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

Oh yeah.. and I'm happy to see you liked the H-100. I heard it just the way you did (and was, apparently, one of the ten people on earth who liked it). When I said so way back when I had it, everyone thought I was crazy. Sweet, sweet validation.. so this is what victory tastes like.. LOL.


Boooo! Hisss!!!

As the resident h100 hater, I am obliged to disparage your reputation. Joker, I no longer consider you my sensei.
post #11003 of 14100
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

Oh yeah.. and I'm happy to see you liked the H-100. I heard it just the way you did (and was, apparently, one of the ten people on earth who liked it). When I said so way back when I had it, everyone thought I was crazy. Sweet, sweet validation.. so this is what victory tastes like.. LOL.

 

I remember...H20 came within a hair's breadth of being lynched.    It's amazing how a couple of guys with high post counts (by shouting loud enough) can change the collective opinion on how good (flavors of the month) or bad (like in the K550 and H-100 threads) a model is. 

post #11004 of 14100
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post


Boooo! Hisss!!!

As the resident h100 hater, I am obliged to disparage your reputation. Joker, I no longer consider you my sensei.

 

 

You might hate it, but the H-100 is actually a good IEM with unique qualities (great sub-bass and crystal clear highs). 

post #11005 of 14100
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Boooo! Hisss!!!

As the resident h100 hater, I am obliged to disparage your reputation. Joker, I no longer consider you my sensei.

 

 

Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

 

I remember...H20 came within a hair's breadth of being lynched.    It's amazing how a couple of guys with high post counts (by shouting loud enough) can change the collective opinion on how good (flavors of the month) or bad (like in the K550 and H-100 threads) a model is. 

 

Good thing I'm a lover.. not a shouter.

 

Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

 

You might hate it, but the H-100 is actually a good IEM with unique qualities (great sub-bass and crystal clear highs). 

 

I agree.. it's a unique sounding phone.. the sig doesn't have "mass appeal".. and even for us nerdy audiophiles, it's a bit odd at first.  To my ears, the mids weren't recessed as much as they were thin.. and it was kind of cool (literally and figuratively).

post #11006 of 14100

I would love to hear the H-100 too,  given that they have some similarity with the FX40

post #11007 of 14100

Hey Joker,

 

How does the LG Quadbeat HSS-F420 compare to the Vsonic GR02 BE in terms of its V-shaped signature and the general sound quality?

 

You say that the Sony MH1C's treble "is very inoffensive without sacrificing overall refinement." However, you label the Sony MH1C's sound signature as Warm and Smooth; would the treble of the MH1C be less prominent than that of the V-Shaped Quadbeat or R02 BE?

 

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I buy the right pair of IEM so I don't have to go through the hassle of returning them.

post #11008 of 14100

Someone send ASG-1 and 2 the way of ljokerl?

post #11009 of 14100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0waway View Post

Hey Joker,

 

How does the LG Quadbeat HSS-F420 compare to the Vsonic GR02 BE in terms of its V-shaped signature and the general sound quality?

 

You say that the Sony MH1C's treble "is very inoffensive without sacrificing overall refinement." However, you label the Sony MH1C's sound signature as Warm and Smooth; would the treble of the MH1C be less prominent than that of the V-Shaped Quadbeat or R02 BE?

 

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I buy the right pair of IEM so I don't have to go through the hassle of returning them.


Yes, the treble of the MH1C is less prominent compared to the Quadbeat and GR02 BE. Calling the earphones warm and smooth, and calling the treble inoffensive, are not mutually exclusive.

 

The Quadbeat is more balanced than the GR02 BE and has better treble extension. The GR02 BE has more bass and more treble energy overall but also sounds a little thicker (in a good way) than the Quadbeat.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

Someone send ASG-1 and 2 the way of ljokerl?


I was supposed to get a set from Aurisonics. Keep forgetting to follow up. 

post #11010 of 14100

Somehow I just wonder how you can even keep up with all of this.. What you're doing is really admirable. And it would be awesome if you got your hands on the ASG-1 and 2.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936)