Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936) - Page 713

post #10681 of 14103
Joker, thanks for the clarification.

I think the last time I heard the UE700 was the Logitech version. Just curios, what's the difference between them.
post #10682 of 14103

Any plans to review the T-PEOS H-200?

post #10683 of 14103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

Any plans to review the T-PEOS H-200?

ClieOS  also has a quite good ears wink.gif.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/667441/review-t-peos-d-202-h-100-and-h-200

post #10684 of 14103
hey joker! just wanted to say that I tried the k3003 and agree with your review. smily_headphones1.gif
post #10685 of 14103
How does the VSD1 and VC02 compares to the LG Quadbeats posted? I have the GR06 but, I'm looking for something with a bit more energy.
post #10686 of 14103

i bought the philips she 3570, 

 

its pretty comfortable, overall good sound ( lacks a little bass).

but i am having trouble and confusion.

 

if i put them on my sansa, the plug does not connect very well and if i move arround i hear like cable noise or stop listening for a milisec etc. then i decided to try with the adapter, that problem dissapears BUT, it looses power, it feels like bathroom busic, AND i can only hear instruments, like half of the sounds are gone.

 

I tried them on my computer (trough an amp, technics cu-s04) , if i use the adapter it sounds great, if i dont use the afapter it sounds HORRIBLE, i mean HORRIBLE, lots of treeble, kinda feels like its away , i dont know :S

 

it might have smthg to do with the resistance that the adapter offers, i dont know, any comment s? 

post #10687 of 14103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo888 View Post

Joker, thanks for the clarification.

I think the last time I heard the UE700 was the Logitech version. Just curios, what's the difference between them.

 

They differ in design. Here's an old thread on them: http://www.head-fi.org/t/599247/heads-up-two-versions-of-the-ue700 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

Any plans to review the T-PEOS H-200?

 

Only the H-100 at this time.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post

hey joker! just wanted to say that I tried the k3003 and agree with your review. smily_headphones1.gif

 

Glad to hear that beerchug.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyCo87 View Post

How does the VSD1 and VC02 compares to the LG Quadbeats posted? I have the GR06 but, I'm looking for something with a bit more energy.


The Quadbeat is plenty energetic. 

 

Quadbeat vs VSD1: The Quadbeat is wider/more spacious but has a thinner note. Its treble is not as sibilant but still brighter overall. It has sort of a hollower sound to it compared to the fuller-sounding VSD1. The VSD1 also has more impactful bass and, to me at least, sounds more natural overall. 

 

The VC02 is flatter and more neutral than the more v-shaped Quadbeat. Overall, its sound is a little more crisp and clear but doesn't have the added bass impact of the Quadbeat. 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mops123 View Post

i bought the philips she 3570, 

 

its pretty comfortable, overall good sound ( lacks a little bass).

but i am having trouble and confusion.

 

if i put them on my sansa, the plug does not connect very well and if i move arround i hear like cable noise or stop listening for a milisec etc. then i decided to try with the adapter, that problem dissapears BUT, it looses power, it feels like bathroom busic, AND i can only hear instruments, like half of the sounds are gone.

 

I tried them on my computer (trough an amp, technics cu-s04) , if i use the adapter it sounds great, if i dont use the afapter it sounds HORRIBLE, i mean HORRIBLE, lots of treeble, kinda feels like its away , i dont know :S

 

it might have smthg to do with the resistance that the adapter offers, i dont know, any comment s? 

 

What adapter?

post #10688 of 14103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

 

 

 

What adapter?

the one on the third image http://www.headphonesfactory.com/philips-she3575bw-28-pop-color-in-ear-headset-with-microphone-black-white.html#.UcJhDD5O0W4

 

i bought 3575, think i should have bought 3570 :S

post #10689 of 14103
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mops123 View Post

the one on the third image http://www.headphonesfactory.com/philips-she3575bw-28-pop-color-in-ear-headset-with-microphone-black-white.html#.UcJhDD5O0W4

 

i bought 3575, think i should have bought 3570 :S


Ah, that's most likely an adapter that reverses the microphone and ground pins on the headset. Didn't realize Philips included it with an entry-level model.


It looks like the microphone connector is giving you trouble with the Sansa, which is not designed for headsets (though I've never had a problem with my old Clip). You might be able to restore audio (either with or without the adapter) by holding down the remote button. The 3570 wouldn't have that problem. 

post #10690 of 14103
I have found myself struggling with deciding where my next move with IEMs will be. I, like many I'm sure, made small and incremental investments with full size cans, amps and DACs over the years. I am very happy with where I am at at this time. I have, however, been traveling for work more and more and find myself revisiting my IEMs. I have always been content with my IEMs based on the small amount of time per week that I used them, but now that that time has increased I've been looking for more.

I think I would like to stick with an IEM, rather than a CIEM at this time. I have enjoyed the clarity and balance of my GR07 (wishing it had more to offer in the low end), but appreciate the soundstage of the EPH-100 more. Comparing apples to oranges of course, but I have been completely happy with my HD800s in the full size headphone field, so I would ideally like something that has a similar sound signature with maybe a touch more low end. I spend most of my time listening to classic rock, but spend plenty of time listening to acoustic tracks (where my HD800s really shine), classical, techno, etc.

I've toyed with budget, not wanting to play quite so much with several incremental updates in the IEM field as I did with full size cans. I think my preference would be to keep it no more than $800, but flexible. I've drooled a bit over reviews of IEMs like the K3003, but do not want to spend quite that much on IEMs. I spent a lot of time researching the QI and the IE800, but am not convinced that I would be happy with either of those (I can be an incredibly indecisive person). Ive been toying with the idea of trying out the PFE 232s since some can still be found around $400.

Any recommendations?
Edited by Y2HBK - 6/20/13 at 5:55am
post #10691 of 14103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mops123 View Post

i bought the philips SHE3575 (edited),

 

its pretty comfortable, overall good sound ( lacks a little bass).

but i am having trouble and confusion.

 

if i put them on my sansa, the plug does not connect very well and if i move arround i hear like cable noise or stop listening for a milisec etc. then i decided to try with the adapter, that problem dissapears BUT, it looses power, it feels like bathroom busic, AND i can only hear instruments, like half of the sounds are gone.

 

I tried them on my computer (trough an amp, technics cu-s04) , if i use the adapter it sounds great, if i dont use the afapter it sounds HORRIBLE, i mean HORRIBLE, lots of treeble, kinda feels like its away , i dont know :S

 

it might have smthg to do with the resistance that the adapter offers, i dont know, any comment s? 

 

The adapter switches around the position of the mic and ground connectors.  Since there is no standard for where the ground connector on headphone-only sockets goes, one socket may require the adapter and another not.

 

From your description it sounds like the sansa does not require the connector while the computer's socket requires it.  As for why there's "cable noise" or the music cuts out--it may just be a bad connection.  Try twisting the jack in the socket a few turns or wiping any oxidation off with some contact cleaner (or your shirt or something wink.gif)  It's odd, I've had this issue even with the headphone-only 3580, even when the jack looks brand spanking new.  It's not a break in the cable, since wiggling the cable doesn't break the sound.  Only wiggling the jack in the socket breaks the sound. (sometimes)  Twisting the jack a few turns or wiping off the jack did the trick for me.

post #10692 of 14103
Ety Kids (300 ohm), does it has the same SQ as "normal" MC3/5 ?
post #10693 of 14103
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal1983 View Post

Ety Kids (300 ohm), does it has the same SQ as "normal" MC3/5 ?

 

Supposedly similar in some ways but different. I have not heard them, so you'll want to hear from those who have.

 

In the meantime, have you seen this?

http://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2012/12/etymotic-research-ek-5-etykids.html

http://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2012/04/etymotic-research-mc5.html

 

They both look fairly diffuse-field equalized (which may be perceptually a little bright), but the EK5 sample there has worse channel matching and a peak at 6 kHz, among other differences. It's of course much quieter by design, as it's a for-kids product.

post #10694 of 14103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2HBK View Post

I have found myself struggling with deciding where my next move with IEMs will be. I, like many I'm sure, made small and incremental investments with full size cans, amps and DACs over the years. I am very happy with where I am at at this time. I have, however, been traveling for work more and more and find myself revisiting my IEMs. I have always been content with my IEMs based on the small amount of time per week that I used them, but now that that time has increased I've been looking for more.

I think I would like to stick with an IEM, rather than a CIEM at this time. I have enjoyed the clarity and balance of my GR07 (wishing it had more to offer in the low end), but appreciate the soundstage of the EPH-100 more. Comparing apples to oranges of course, but I have been completely happy with my HD800s in the full size headphone field, so I would ideally like something that has a similar sound signature with maybe a touch more low end. I spend most of my time listening to classic rock, but spend plenty of time listening to acoustic tracks (where my HD800s really shine), classical, techno, etc.

I've toyed with budget, not wanting to play quite so much with several incremental updates in the IEM field as I did with full size cans. I think my preference would be to keep it no more than $800, but flexible. I've drooled a bit over reviews of IEMs like the K3003, but do not want to spend quite that much on IEMs. I spent a lot of time researching the QI and the IE800, but am not convinced that I would be happy with either of those (I can be an incredibly indecisive person). Ive been toying with the idea of trying out the PFE 232s since some can still be found around $400.

Any recommendations?
Ocharaku Flat 4
post #10695 of 14103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Ocharaku Flat 4

Which one?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936)