Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936) - Page 684

post #10246 of 14113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

I won't say anything bad in Miracle Appreciation Thread. But, here, i can tell you the Miracles don't amaze me at all (though it is a very very good CIEM, which IMO is way better than Fitear 334)

One of the reasons is because neither UM Aus and UM Lab offers a good service to me. Both of them, especially UM Aus, are irresponsible for their customers. Leaving my questions unsolved, and ignoring my email for a week. I should have been able to make my decision whether i will need another pair of impressions for refit last week, if they had replied my email and answered my questions.

Another reason is the Miracles sound too polite just as you wrote in your review. The very first impressions is the Miracles sounds really natural. It expressed what the music should be like. Beyond this, I am not looking for something more impressive, but UM haven't shown anything special yet


The customer service is a not acceptable. I never had any issues, but I understand how you feel. Concerning the SQ, I still think they are top performers, and what you may want to do is try various sources, because they scale up very well. I like them a lot with my AK100 stage 2 for instance. However, I am glad I have other iems for different moods like SE5 for more natural tone and deeper bass, or 1Plus2 for more forward details and more punch. Or Kaede for more crystal clear brightness.

post #10247 of 14113
Mimouille how would you say the heir audio 5.0 compares to those you just mentiomed??
post #10248 of 14113
They are fairly dynamic but still a bit laid back. In terms of size they are smaller than Kaede and MUCH smaller than 1plus2. Customs are necessarily bigger, but not comparable.
post #10249 of 14113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 


The HF5 isolates slightly more than the A161P IMO. Comfort is comparable - the MEElec has angled nozzles but they really don't make a difference because both earphones are so small. Sound-wise, the A161P has more bass while the HF5 remains flatter through the treble. The Ety is a little more balanced IMO, but they are both clear, detailed, and close to neutral. 

 

Well, eventually I got both ($55 for the A161P and $64 for the HF2) and I'd like to thank you very much for the recommendation. I will be keeping both as to me they are absolute opposites in terms of good sound quality, with the HF2 being accurate to the note, but a bit tiring compared to the A161P's more "fun" and low-min emphasized sound. Isolation is absolutely amazing with both pairs (I use the large triple-flange).

 

Best $100 I spent on earphones, they make everything else I've owned sound so... dull.

post #10250 of 14113

Thank you sooo much |joker|, for this. I am new to IEMs and your posts here and at innerfidelity is a goldmine of information... I should know, I have been consuming it voraciously for the past few days, hours at a time.

 

What would you recommend as a "first" IEM from among the UE 600 and the Meelectronics A161P? I see that you have rated them on par with each other over at innerfidelity. I mostly listen to trance and house.

 

P.S. Due thanks also to ClieOS for his posts and reviews too...

post #10251 of 14113
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintfrenz View Post

Thank you sooo much |joker|, for this. I am new to IEMs and your posts here and at innerfidelity is a goldmine of information... I should know, I have been consuming it voraciously for the past few days, hours at a time.

 

What would you recommend as a "first" IEM from among the UE 600 and the Meelectronics A161P? I see that you have rated them on par with each other over at innerfidelity. I mostly listen to trance and house.

 

P.S. Due thanks also to ClieOS for his posts and reviews too...

 

Think you would be better with a dynamic driver than a single balanced armature for house/trance because of the bass.

post #10252 of 14113

Joker, do you think that the Fidelio S1, being roughly the same price, is a better value than the RE400? In other words, which one do you slightly prefer over the other? 

post #10253 of 14113
Quote:
Originally Posted by insidedrive View Post

Joker, do you think that the Fidelio S1, being roughly the same price, is a better value than the RE400? In other words, which one do you slightly prefer over the other? 

I would also like to know bass quantity compared to GR07.  If it is more like the GR07 MKII or GR07 BEs.  Does the S2 have more bass quantity then S1?

post #10254 of 14113
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

 

Think you would be better with a dynamic driver than a single balanced armature for house/trance because of the bass.

 

Although trance/house is bass-heavy and bass is of course important, it is not just bass I'm looking for. I also listen to ambient electronic and new age stuff... so melodies, mids and treble are also important which is why I wanted to go with a BA set. Also, I want to use it with my iPhone... so back to the original question... UE 600 or Meelectronics A161P?

post #10255 of 14113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamcok View Post

Hey joker,
if I can get them for the same price of 95 dollars which one do you think has better value for money, Philips fidelio s1 or sony xba3?

 

I prefer the S1 but that might just be me. The Sonys seem a little more v-shaped.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

I have the Miracles right now. Do you think JH13 Pro Freqphase should be my next step? From your words, they sound very different, and JH13pro might be a bit better?

 

I do like the JH13Pro better, but I don't know if I would call it an upgrade over the Miracle unless you're looking specifically for what it offers over the Miracle, namely a bit more bass punch, clearer and more prominent mids, and a more forward presentation.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genia4 View Post

 

Well, eventually I got both ($55 for the A161P and $64 for the HF2) and I'd like to thank you very much for the recommendation. I will be keeping both as to me they are absolute opposites in terms of good sound quality, with the HF2 being accurate to the note, but a bit tiring compared to the A161P's more "fun" and low-min emphasized sound. Isolation is absolutely amazing with both pairs (I use the large triple-flange).

 

Best $100 I spent on earphones, they make everything else I've owned sound so... dull.

 

Glad to hear that, those are definitely my two favorite $100 armatures. Getting both for a little over that is a darn good deal beerchug.gif.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintfrenz View Post

Thank you sooo much |joker|, for this. I am new to IEMs and your posts here and at innerfidelity is a goldmine of information... I should know, I have been consuming it voraciously for the past few days, hours at a time.

 

What would you recommend as a "first" IEM from among the UE 600 and the Meelectronics A161P? I see that you have rated them on par with each other over at innerfidelity. I mostly listen to trance and house.

 

P.S. Due thanks also to ClieOS for his posts and reviews too...

 

The UE600 is a little more mid-centric whereas the A161P is more bass-heavy. I favor the A161P slightly overall but it really depends on what you're looking for. When I say the A161P is more bass-heavy, I mean compared to the UE600 and other direct competitors. In reality it has only a few dB of bass boost, so if you're used to pretty much any entry-level earphone you have to be prepared to give up some bass.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidedrive View Post

Joker, do you think that the Fidelio S1, being roughly the same price, is a better value than the RE400? In other words, which one do you slightly prefer over the other? 

 

For sound, I slightly prefer the S1. Overall, however, I would be tempted to pick the RE-400 still because I'm not a huge fan of the Philips form factor (in particular the fit and lower isolation).

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNSDGeeGee View Post

I would also like to know bass quantity compared to GR07.  If it is more like the GR07 MKII or GR07 BEs.  Does the S2 have more bass quantity then S1?

 

 

Good question. I only have the GR07 mkI and the GR07 BE, no mkII. The bass quantity of both Philips is closer to the GR07 than the GR07BE, but they are all pretty close together. The S2 sounds a touch bassier than the S1 to me, which puts it a little closer to the GR07BE. 

post #10256 of 14113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

For sound, I slightly prefer the S1. Overall, however, I would be tempted to pick the RE-400 still because I'm not a huge fan of the Philips form factor (in particular the fit and lower isolation).

 

 

Just how bad is the isolation of the Phillips, I know that it is semi-open, is it worse than the GR07? Thanks!

post #10257 of 14113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by insidedrive View Post

 

Just how bad is the isolation of the Phillips, I know that it is semi-open, is it worse than the GR07? Thanks!


I've come across worse but it's not as good as with the GR07.

post #10258 of 14113
Are there any IEMs under probably $50 or so that sound similar to the JVC Riptidz ? Heck, if you know one that meets my criteria for $20 and is a steal let me know that too !!

Theres been a few threads about them and they really do sound good all around. Nice and balanced, maybe could be a lil more detailed- which stepping up a price class or 2 can def remedy if buying the right one.

Another thing I'd like is better build quality. The reason the Riptidz are $8 is they got the old school flimsey wire, lightweight jack and all that jive. Once again, stepping up in price could remedy this.

Any suggestions ? I mostly listen to hip hop, and that whole big bass for hip hop doesnt apply to my tastes. For the commercial stuff that a lot of people listen to its all about the rattling bass. I pump some stuff like that because the bass effect is kinda cool haha.

For what I like its all about what the rapper is saying, the beat is just that, a beat for him to rhyme over. The beat is the background, which you just need tight, clear bass for. The focus is all on the vocals, so you need good clarity. On top of that, a lot of the beatmakers use many many sounds in their beats, you need good clairty to hear them all.

Sorry for the long winded question- longtime lurker finally posting and I got carried away !! Thanks guys !!
Edited by jeffrodigital - 5/11/13 at 10:55am
post #10259 of 14113

Hi joker!

 

Thank you so much for all of your sharing! Thanks to your great review on VC02, I got myself and a pair and am now so enjoying them. However some days ago I read on a blog that VC02 has a a inverted polarity http://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2013/01/vsonic-vc02-wonder-of-3mm.html

 

Is this true? If yes, how can I test my pair whether they are inverted or not. The site says that we can fix this by replugging the driver unit upside down, if so, should I do this for both L and R or just for 1 side.

 

Thank you again and look forward to hearing from you soon ^^

post #10260 of 14113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrodigital View Post

Are there any IEMs under probably $50 or so that sound similar to the JVC Riptidz ? Heck, if you know one that meets my criteria for $20 and is a steal let me know that too !!

Theres been a few threads about them and they really do sound good all around. Nice and balanced, maybe could be a lil more detailed- which stepping up a price class or 2 can def remedy if buying the right one.

Another thing I'd like is better build quality. The reason the Riptidz are $8 is they got the old school flimsey wire, lightweight jack and all that jive. Once again, stepping up in price could remedy this.

Any suggestions ? I mostly listen to hip hop, and that whole big bass for hip hop doesnt apply to my tastes. For the commercial stuff that a lot of people listen to its all about the rattling bass. I pump some stuff like that because the bass effect is kinda cool haha.

For what I like its all about what the rapper is saying, the beat is just that, a beat for him to rhyme over. The beat is the background, which you just need tight, clear bass for. The focus is all on the vocals, so you need good clarity. On top of that, a lot of the beatmakers use many many sounds in their beats, you need good clairty to hear them all.

Sorry for the long winded question- longtime lurker finally posting and I got carried away !! Thanks guys !!


I've never heard the Riptidz so I'm not sure what their signature is like but there's lots of well-built earphones under $50 these days. For more smooth and bass-heavy, there's the RHA MA-350 and Dunu Trident. For more v-shaped, there's the VSonic GR02 bass edition. For more mid-centric, there's the VSonic R02 Silver and ViSang VS-K1. For more flat/balanced there's the Astrotec AM-90. If you want focus on vocals with some clean bass on top, I'd go for the VSonic R02 Silver.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88mbd View Post

Hi joker!

 

Thank you so much for all of your sharing! Thanks to your great review on VC02, I got myself and a pair and am now so enjoying them. However some days ago I read on a blog that VC02 has a a inverted polarity http://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2013/01/vsonic-vc02-wonder-of-3mm.html

 

Is this true? If yes, how can I test my pair whether they are inverted or not. The site says that we can fix this by replugging the driver unit upside down, if so, should I do this for both L and R or just for 1 side.

 

Thank you again and look forward to hearing from you soon ^^

 

I have tried but have never been able to hear differences when absolute polarity (i.e. the polarity of both channels) is reversed. 

 

This is not to be confused with something that is out of phase (i.e. the polarity of only one channel reversed) - that you can hear very easily because your brain gets confused. You can try that with the VC02 - just flip the connector on one of the earpieces (but not the other) and everything will immediately sound out of whack. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936)