- 1,072 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM50A In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/3/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11More
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 2/25/14 at 6:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000, Altone200, Fidue A83 added p. 945) - Page 817post #12241 of 1419212/4/13 at 7:25amQuote:
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12242 of 1419212/4/13 at 8:34am
Wow on the 4s review. Makes the 4 universal certainly look like a steal. It won't be as good in fit or sound exactly like the custom (especially the silicone) but will have the availability of tip tuning so neutral and informative with a personal twist at $450 sure sounds appealing.post #12243 of 1419212/4/13 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by godlyatheist
I wonder if I should upgrade my DAC when the JH13 arrive. I had ordered a Fiio E17 but decided to cancel it. I'm using a laptop and I want to have a small DAC, not necessarily portable but small. The Audioquest Dragonfly is interesting (about $70 with promos). Anyone have some recommendations? Prefer USB and neutral
Been listening to the HRT Microstreamer for a couple of months now and really like what I hear. It's a very small USB DAC (+ headphone amp) with a big, clear and detailed sound.post #12244 of 1419212/4/13 at 3:46pmQuote:
I love my Microstreamer. I might jump on the new Leckerton in a few months but I'm very happy with the Microstreamer performance right now (I'm only using C/IEMs not full sized cans).post #12245 of 1419212/4/13 at 6:57pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by heart banger-97
Hi ljokerl !
Have you had a chance to hear brainwavz r3?
Yes. They actually sound quite good but I don't like the fit so they probably won't get a full review.
Very smooth sound though, but perhaps a little dull up top. Reminds me of an RHA MA750 with not nearly as much bass.Quote:
The Rooth LS5X Demo. Among proper universals, the K3003.Quote:Originally Posted by goodvibes
Wow on the 4s review. Makes the 4 universal certainly look like a steal. It won't be as good in fit or sound exactly like the custom (especially the silicone) but will have the availability of tip tuning so neutral and informative with a personal twist at $450 sure sounds appealing.
Indeed - hope it's as good as the 4S!post #12246 of 1419212/4/13 at 7:01pmQuote:I would think the fact that it is silicone makes a difference in the sonics. The 4 universal is supposedly an improvement over the Hier 4ai which eas supposedly good, but according to several reviewers I know, not THAT good.Originally Posted by goodvibes
Wow on the 4s review. Makes the 4 universal certainly look like a steal. It won't be as good in fit or sound exactly like the custom (especially the silicone) but will have the availability of tip tuning so neutral and informative with a personal twist at $450 sure sounds appealing.post #12247 of 1419212/5/13 at 12:14amQuote:
Thanks for responding. can you give me a brief comparison between r3 and some thing that you already have done a review (like b2 or something else)?post #12248 of 1419212/5/13 at 12:16ampost #12249 of 1419212/5/13 at 12:58amQuote:
What I said.post #12250 of 1419212/5/13 at 7:21ampost #12251 of 1419212/5/13 at 8:31ampost #12252 of 1419212/5/13 at 8:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Mimouille
I understand what you are saying I am just saying that I think (without having ever heard any of them so it is pure speculimagination) the silicone gives it that extra mile that makes it so nice, and the Noble 4 might not be at the same level. Even a small difference matters at this level. I am juet saying because people getting the Noble 4 and expecting JH13FP level could be disappointed. Once again I have nothing to back it up.
I doubt anyone is buying a Noble 4 expecting it to be as good as jh13fp. I ordered mine looking for an er4s upgrade and if Noble really worked on fixing the heir 4ai weaknesses the Noble 4 will be a real winner, especially at the Black Friday's price.post #12253 of 1419212/5/13 at 8:45ampost #12254 of 1419212/5/13 at 9:53amQuote:
I have a JH13pro and I ordered a Noble 4 Universal. When I get the latter I'll do some comparisons, though with the price difference it's not really fair to the 4.post #12255 of 1419212/5/13 at 7:36pmThread StarterQuote:
Just tried them against the HiFiMan RE-400
They are actually not that different - both are balanced with pretty level bass and smooth treble. The R3 sounds a little dull in comparison, like there's an upper midrange dip. At the same time, it has a little more treble energy overall than the RE-400. The RE-400 has more midrange emphasis in comparison, slightly better clarity, and smoother highs with less dips and peaks. I like the RE-400 a little better sound-wise and a lot better in terms of form factor.Quote:
Sorry, not too likely. The XBA-3 and XBA-4 didn't really strike my fancy so I'm not super excited for the XBA-30.Quote:
Yeah, hopefully not.Quote:
I'm interested in your comparisonReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000, Altone200, Fidue A83 added p. 945)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Best HQ music streaming service 27 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 4 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › AURALiC ARIES 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for ~100 iem 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 7 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)