Joker, which do you think I would like better, the FXD-80 or the EPH-100? I listen to rap and rock music, and sometimes a little jazz. Are the EPH's worth $60 more than the FXD-80s? I want good isolation and comfort, as well as a smooth sound.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM50A In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/3/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11More
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 2/25/14 at 6:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer: I was contacted by a Brainwavz representative to try out a free pair of S5 IEMs under the condition I would write a review for them. I received them in mid July and have sampled them...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000, Altone200, Fidue A83 added p. 945) - Page 742
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11117 of 141818/5/13 at 12:10amQuote:
Amazon has the EPH-100 for under $115. I do not have either one, but based on reviews and the type of music you listen to, and if your ear canal is not too small, you might enjoy the EPH-100.post #11118 of 141818/5/13 at 6:38ampost #11119 of 141818/5/13 at 6:54amQuote:
Take the Meelec M6 or S6 - you'll enjoy it!post #11120 of 141818/5/13 at 7:24amQuote:
Would probably help if you gave him your preferred music preference or sound signature.. there's a couple great options with over-ear wears. :)post #11121 of 141818/5/13 at 7:37amQuote:
I am guessing it isn't jazz, opera or classical . Probably something upbeat like rock or hip hop.post #11122 of 141818/5/13 at 8:54amThread StarterQuote:
They are pretty well-matched in everything aside from sound signature but for smooth sound I'd choose the EPH-100 despite the price gap.Quote:
The MEElec M6 mentioned above is a good cheap option. I don't really recommend buying non-sport earphones even if they sound better because it's not clear how they will hold up to sweat, etc. However, I've seen some good feedback on the soundmagic E30 being used for sports and I used my older soundmagic PL30 at the gym for years, so I'd make an exception for that. It lacks the memory wire of the M6 but has a more hi-fi sound to it and still doesn't cost an arm and a leg.post #11123 of 141818/5/13 at 10:44ampost #11124 of 141818/5/13 at 10:49am
I was wondering if you've tried the HTC bundled headset? They sound pretty good to me for a bundled headphone and if my memory is at least close to accurate, they sound more enjoyable compared to the MH1c. Really nice bassy iem I must say; comparable to the Zero Audio Basso. Although not as refined but definitely worth keeping.post #11125 of 141818/5/13 at 11:10am
The Westones sound like I good fit, however, from what I've read, the UE Merlin might also be worth a shot, I just want to make sure I get the signature right before buying, there is nowhere in my area where I can try on universal fit versions sadly. Thanks again.post #11126 of 141818/5/13 at 12:29pmpost #11127 of 141818/5/13 at 3:02pmpost #11128 of 141818/5/13 at 7:20pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by d marc0
I was wondering if you've tried the HTC bundled headset? They sound pretty good to me for a bundled headphone and if my memory is at least close to accurate, they sound more enjoyable compared to the MH1c. Really nice bassy iem I must say; comparable to the Zero Audio Basso. Although not as refined but definitely worth keeping.
My HTC phone came with a set of HTC-branded earbuds (not an in-ear headset). Never seen that one before.Quote:Originally Posted by BLACKSasquatch
The Westones sound like I good fit, however, from what I've read, the UE Merlin might also be worth a shot, I just want to make sure I get the signature right before buying, there is nowhere in my area where I can try on universal fit versions sadly. Thanks again.
No doubt. Getting the customs with the right sound signature is 100% worth your time.post #11129 of 141818/5/13 at 7:55pmQuote:
Mee M6 / S6 :) If you want armature goodness try Sony XBA - 65 :)post #11130 of 141818/5/13 at 8:40pm
I'm saving a lot of cash for a high quality in-ear earphone. I'm between the Shure SE846 or a custom Westone ES5. My musical tastes are varied, I listen electronic, rock, metal, classic and instrumental music. I do like warm sound with good amount of bass but not overwhelming, I like the sound of the westone 4 I currently own. What would yo recommend me? If you where in my shoes which one would you go for?
Thank You!!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000, Altone200, Fidue A83 added p. 945)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Matrix X Sabre DAC Price Drop! 37 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 45 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre ESS9018 Dac with DSD support LIKE NEW [SHIPPING... 2 minutes ago
- › HD 598 or Momentum? 5 minutes ago
- › Ps4 headset 6 minutes ago
- › [FS] Cosmic Ears BA4R 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 8 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by earfonia
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)