- 15 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM50A In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/3/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11More
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 2/25/14 at 6:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000, Altone200, Fidue A83 added p. 945) - Page 716post #10726 of 141746/23/13 at 9:22pmIn the re-400 portion, you mention a zippered carrying case, but my package of my own re-400s did not include one. Where did you hear of this case?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10727 of 141746/23/13 at 10:40pmThread StarterQuote:
Several months ago someone mentioned that they bought an RE-400 and got a case. I confirmed with HiFiMan that all RE-400s were shipping with them now (not in the packaging, but on the side). I didn't get a chance to add the info until recently. Might only apply to those RE-400s purchased directly from Head-Direct. Where did you get yours?post #10728 of 141746/24/13 at 2:21ampost #10729 of 141746/24/13 at 7:27amQuote:
I didn't think that I got the cable winder either until I turned that foam packing material upside down. It was underneath.
No case though, and I too bought mine from Head Direct fulfilled by Amazon.post #10730 of 141746/24/13 at 8:43ampost #10731 of 141746/24/13 at 8:51amThread Starterpost #10732 of 141746/24/13 at 9:36ampost #10733 of 141746/24/13 at 10:22ampost #10734 of 141746/24/13 at 1:02pmpost #10735 of 141746/24/13 at 1:21pmpost #10736 of 141746/24/13 at 5:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
Seems like the RE272 would have been good for you but sadly it's been discontinued. The lesser treble quantity of the RE-400 makes it the 'safe' choice but you would probably like the new Philips Fidelio S1/S2 IEMs - they do have more bass than the RE-400, especially subbass, but as a result the mid-bass is actually not as prominent. More importantly, the Philips IEMs are a little brighter. I would recommend you try them first because I can see the treble being at the limit of someone's tolerance but they are definitely not as "hot" up top as the GR07.
There is just not enough reviews for philips in-ears, and waterline is for now my choice number one, i went trough your review once more and as waterline is missing that top end something, i found 10 other in-ears that are all missing something, but more or less fit the description of what i want:
VSonic R02 Silver
Head-Direct (HiFiMan) RE-ZERO
Sunrise SW-Xcape v. 1
HiFiMan RE-400 Waterline
Rock-It Sounds R-50
Fischer Audio DBA-02 mkII
What would be most analytic but not fatiguing and musical, most extended and flat headphone in both ways, with neither bass or highs overshadowing mids, and without mid bass hump? It can definitly lean more towards analytic, but just not all the way, cuz it is my only pair for now.
Also, if there is the need, if there is tremendous difference i can go up to 200, but since this is just a temporary solution, i would like to buy cheapest one that fits the description.
Thank you for your reviews, they are very helpful, its not like im lazy and just want u to chew up and spit the answer for me, i have red the reviews several times, but im still a bit confused about what the best in ear for me would be at the moment, because i still have to live with it for at least 6 months if not a year or more.
Edited by lksndr - 6/24/13 at 6:39pmpost #10737 of 141746/24/13 at 8:37pmpost #10738 of 141746/24/13 at 9:01pmpost #10739 of 141746/24/13 at 9:04pmQuote:
One off the top of my head is the Hifman RE-272. For cheaper, you could also do the RE400.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000, Altone200, Fidue A83 added p. 945)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 59 seconds ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Impression of Stoner Acoustics UD100... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › ALO The Pan Am - The tube rolling thread 3 minutes ago
- › The new Eddie Current 2A3x4 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: Sony XBAH3 Hybrid 7 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)