- 9,670 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Santa Monica, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM50A In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/3/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11More
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 2/25/14 at 6:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added 04/13/14 p. 894) - Page 825post #12361 of 1343812/18/13 at 12:48amThread StarterThanks.. posted a tech support/bug thread. Seems to be all better now.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12362 of 1343812/18/13 at 12:48amThread Starterpost #12363 of 1343812/18/13 at 1:08ampost #12364 of 1343812/18/13 at 1:25ampost #12365 of 1343812/18/13 at 1:40amQuote:Yes, definitely. Tighter, more detailed bass, clearer, colder mids and a more emphasized treble makes the DN-1000 a much better IEM IMO. To be fair it does cost almost twice as much.post #12366 of 1343812/18/13 at 9:23am
Gotcha. Well I've got the SM2 now and definitely don't want less bass; I'm after more aggressive upper mids and treble for rock/metal. Even without the filters they still sound unnatural with "real" music; you're right to compare them to the UM3X, I'd say they are basically the same but with a slightly more blended sound and bigger soundstage. Luckily I got them for $100 so I'm not too disappointed :P
I've been delaying a GR07 purchase for ages on principle due to their lack of replaceable cable...*whine* I refuse to give in though! I've heard rumors so I'm holding out.
Can't wait to hear your take on the InEar SD3, it's been tickling my fancy for some time.
Quote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
I would have a tough time labeling the SE535 as "fun". It doesn't have as much as the SM2, that's for sure. In general I think of "fun" as more of a v-shaped signature (think "rock" EQ present) which in this is case is closest to the GR07 (or better yet GR07 BE). The SM2 has a warmer sound with more relaxed upper mids. Again, not really "fun" for me, personally at this stage - more of a UM3X competitor in the musician's monitor space.post #12367 of 1343812/18/13 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:
Not sure of the rating for the DN-1000 yet. I like it quite a lot but its treble is not entirely smooth and can be a little excessive. For example it's more prone towards sibilance than the MA750. Different sound signatures, with the DN-1000 being more v-shaped.Quote:
It's a very good earphone. I prefer the less bassy SD-2, though. Reviews should be up soon.post #12368 of 1343812/18/13 at 7:19pmpost #12369 of 1343812/18/13 at 7:29pmpost #12370 of 1343812/18/13 at 10:26pmQuote:
Why do you want a tighter bass on something thay already has tight bass? Comply tips soften the sound but they don't tighten the bass.post #12371 of 1343812/18/13 at 10:30pmQuote:
I like Shure Olive tips, they take away just a bit of the bright edge without effecting the overall sound as much as Complys - plus they're more durable and more comfortable. Don't know what you mean about the bass, it's very tight already.post #12372 of 1343812/19/13 at 4:29amQuote:Sorry I misunderstood the bass in DBA02-MKII. It is tight.
Does the Shure Olive tip fit well on the nozzle of DBA02-MKII ?
Does it make the bass more punchy and deeper?post #12373 of 1343812/19/13 at 4:41am
I don't think foam tips make the bass deeper and more punchy. From my experience single flange silicone tips (this is a VERY diverse category) tend to give the punchiest and deepest bass. But I haven't used any olives, just comply and vsonic foams. I did however love comply tips on my R-50 because they do add some kind of texture to the bass. Like the soft reverberations of a finger plucked bass guitar. You can almost see the string vibrate.post #12374 of 1343812/19/13 at 7:15amQuote:Originally Posted by MoonYeol
I don't think foam tips make the bass deeper and more punchy. From my experience single flange silicone tips (this is a VERY diverse category) tend to give the punchiest and deepest bass. But I haven't used any olives, just comply and vsonic foams. I did however love comply tips on my R-50 because they do add some kind of texture to the bass. Like the soft reverberations of a finger plucked bass guitar. You can almost see the string vibrate.
After changing to Shure's olive tip, I found it cuts down a bit of brightness of the original sound of DBA02-MKII.
I feel DBA02-MKII is no so good for song that emphasize heavy bass like dance/rock music. :(post #12375 of 1343812/19/13 at 8:48amThread StarterQuote:
Don't have one at this time. Maybe (hopefully) next year, especially if ATH decides to release these in the US...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added 04/13/14 p. 894)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 33 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › beyer dt770, 880, 990 replacement pad/cushion--softskin, gel,... 3 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 4 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 4 minutes ago
- › Why have more than a few pairs of headphones? 5 minutes ago
- › Best IEM for me 7 minutes ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD800 7 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live 2? 7 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob