Many people say that they have the same driver with Soundmagic E10 and almost identical sound. The only difference is that , ES18 have inferior build quality compare to E10. Joker had reviewed E10 so you can still get an idea how ES18 sound.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM50A In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/3/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C710 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics SX-31-BK Noise-Sealing Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productPhiaton PS 200 Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones with Dual Micro Transducers (Woofer andTweeter)tagged by System, 5/27/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 6/26/10More
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- product"The Red" HDSS earphonestagged by System, 7/22/11
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FX67 Review | A Hidden Gem Last post on 3/16/14 at 1:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 2/25/14 at 6:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 3/21/14 at 2:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added 04/13/14 p. 894) - Page 761post #11401 of 134219/4/13 at 3:20am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11402 of 134219/4/13 at 3:55amQuote:
Thanks for the info !post #11403 of 134219/4/13 at 7:35ampost #11404 of 134219/4/13 at 11:42am
I think I would avoid them. Just tested a friend's ES18 and these are the issues I faced - Less than average isolation, too much micro-phonics and bad highs . I know they really value for money I think spending a little more (*cough* triple *cough*) would be a better ideapost #11405 of 134219/4/13 at 2:35pmpost #11406 of 134219/4/13 at 7:35pmThread Starter
Another teaser of the upcoming EarSonics release. Looks like it might be a 6-driver universal (the first?)
Ultimately it'll come down to what you're looking for. The GR02 BE has more bass than the E30 by quite margin but still manages to sound very good overall. It does not need an amp.
I never got to hear the previous a-JAYS so I really don't know. I was not particularly impressed with the JAYS dynamics I have tried but that doesn't mean the new ones won't be good.post #11407 of 134219/4/13 at 9:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hitesh
I think I would avoid them. Just tested a friend's ES18 and these are the issues I faced - Less than average isolation, too much micro-phonics and bad highs . I know they really value for money I think spending a little more (*cough* triple *cough*) would be a better idea
the best you can get is e10 ( in india ) , use sony tips , they will help with isolation . by the way what are you looking for , bass clarity , or just sq ?
Edited by suman134 - 9/4/13 at 9:58pmpost #11408 of 134219/4/13 at 10:05pm
just got the ha-fx40 , and i love every thing about it , these peaks are awesome , been looking for them , nicely complimented by good amount of bass , is pny midtwon / uptown any better when it comes to sq ?
Edited by suman134 - 9/5/13 at 4:21ampost #11409 of 134219/5/13 at 8:52amThread StarterQuote:
Warmer tone, lower mids fuller and not recessed, and less bright treble on the PNYs.post #11410 of 134219/5/13 at 9:07ampost #11411 of 134219/5/13 at 9:58am
Hi ya joker,
I read your review on the Hidition NT 6. For someone who really digs the ER4S sound signature and presentation, would you say that it's a safe bet that the NT6 is the closest form of the ER4S in a custom format with the added benefits of ciem including a more prominent but still balanced low end?post #11412 of 134219/5/13 at 10:41pmThread Starter
I've heard the original ASG-1 (I believe it was a rev 1.1). I wasn't a fan. Never got to try the newer versions.Quote:Originally Posted by alpha421
Hi ya joker,
I read your review on the Hidition NT 6. For someone who really digs the ER4S sound signature and presentation, would you say that it's a safe bet that the NT6 is the closest form of the ER4S in a custom format with the added benefits of ciem including a more prominent but still balanced low end?
That's correct. The NT 6 improves on the ER4S with much better subbass response and more natural, fleshed-out bass overall. Someone asked a similar question here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-295-iems-compared-vsonic-vc1000-added-09-03-13-p-760/11265#post_9729619post #11413 of 134219/6/13 at 4:05amQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
I've heard the original ASG-1 (I believe it was a rev 1.1). I wasn't a fan. Never got to try the newer versions.
That's correct. The NT 6 improves on the ER4S with much better subbass response and more natural, fleshed-out bass overall. Someone asked a similar question here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-295-iems-compared-vsonic-vc1000-added-09-03-13-p-760/11265#post_9729619
project86 wrote that Cosmic Ears BA4R is very similar to Etys ER4 sound signature.
joker, when can we expect your first impressions on CA Music One?post #11414 of 134219/6/13 at 4:15amQuote:
After some research I have narrowed down to these 3 - MH1C, GR02 and E30
Which one of them is best suited for rock music ?post #11415 of 134219/6/13 at 4:18amQuote:
Kind of an all rounder
Edited by Hitesh - 9/6/13 at 4:30amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added 04/13/14 p. 894)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 20 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 25 seconds ago
- › Hifiman Re-272 (Excellent Condition, collectors item) 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophile Quality CD's - What's the Story Here?? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob