Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added 04/13/14 p. 894)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added 04/13/14 p. 894) - Page 731

post #10951 of 13452
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post

Hi joker!

What's the difference between the GR07 bass edition vs GR07 MK2? You mentioned in a previous comment that one of these share 95% similarities with the Phonak audeo PFE232 which I can't afford. But I can afford the gr07! What would you recommend me? I want to try the sound signature of the PFE232 but at a more affordable price.

Thank you!

 

The difference is (surprise surprise) bass quantity but the bass has some additional effects - it makes the midrange of Bass Edition sound more recessed in comparison to that of the regular GR07, for example. See paragraphs 4-5 here for more info. The Bass Edition has a little more mid-bass punch than a PFE232 with my preferred (gray) filters. The GR07 has a little less bass overall. IMO it's more about how much bass you want instead of which matches the 232 better, because they are both pretty close. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalper View Post

joker, wish you have reviewed t-peos h200 too

 

Someday wink.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

Interesting that joker and ClieOs have both given the H-100 very favourable reviews, considering how much criticism it drew from some quarters. 

 

Well, it's not without issues but if you get past the sound signature if performs on-par with a lot of good earphones. In A:B comparisons it really did make the RE-400 sound pretty bad, and vice versa. It was a hard call to say which is "better" overall because they are so different, and I am sure there are many who will love the sound of the T-Peos wink.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubin111 View Post

Hi Joker, based on what i have, (Quadbeat, MH1C, GR06, VSD1, in future may be tongue.gif (re-400)), does Comply t-400 fit all of these? or i need to get different ones for each?? Its cheaper to buy any one type of multiple quantity....


I don't think the T-400 fits on any of those except the Quadbeat and RE-400. VSonics have a tricky nozzle, they take a T-200 but it's a little loose for my liking. The MH1C seems be somewhere between a T-200 and T-100. The T-200 is definitely too loose on it.

post #10952 of 13452

Could you do a review on the MEElectronics M-duo? http://www.ifans.com/blog/86501/

post #10953 of 13452

Vsonic VSD9 will compete sennheiser IE800, akg K3003, the cost will be 550$ usa 

 

 

Vsonic VSD 3 will have a sound level shure se535, westone 4, Sony MDR-EX1000

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/wk3i2o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/wbdqxi.jpg[/IMG]

 

Vsonic VSD7/VSD9

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/4l2dyq.jpg[/IMG]


Edited by stimer - 7/15/13 at 4:50pm
post #10954 of 13452

That red color with red cables inside is NUTS!!

post #10955 of 13452

So I received my IEM today... How do I put it in and take it out? I've seen that it involves pulling on the top of the ear but I don't exactly understand what I should be doing.

post #10956 of 13452

They will be red, blue, yellow, transparent, many colors

post #10957 of 13452

So, I decided to switch over to the bigger tips, and use it as a shallow insert, instead. So, these things are actually comfortable (and it turns out I can wear them over ear)! Two things, though. The cable seems really weak, and easily breakable. I hope these last for at least a while.

 

Two, are the normal tips (the type used in flanges) supposed to be itchy? These make the inside of my ear itchy somehow. I had this problem with my last IEM, but I thought if was caused by them putting so much pressure on my ear canal.

 

I'll find out tomorrow how much they isolate. I hope these work well!

 

Edit: I still have problems with taking IEMs out. I can't figure out how to make it so the era drum isn't pulled on from the change in air pressure...


Edited by daleb - 7/15/13 at 6:22pm
post #10958 of 13452

hi joker, nice review of t-peos h-100. do you consider T-peos h-100 and RE-400 a big upgrade coming from VSD1?

post #10959 of 13452
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyow View Post

Could you do a review on the MEElectronics M-duo? http://www.ifans.com/blog/86501/

 

Don't have one at the moment. Maybe in the future.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimer View Post

Vsonic VSD9 will compete sennheiser IE800, akg K3003, the cost will be 550$ usa 

 

 

Vsonic VSD 3 will have a sound level shure se535, westone 4, Sony MDR-EX1000

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/wk3i2o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/wbdqxi.jpg[/IMG]

 

Vsonic VSD7/VSD9

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/4l2dyq.jpg[/IMG]

 

Yeah, I want those tongue.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

So I received my IEM today... How do I put it in and take it out? I've seen that it involves pulling on the top of the ear but I don't exactly understand what I should be doing.

 

You have to break the seal with the eartip. You can do that by grabbing the IEM housing and adjusting the nozzle inside your ear so that the seal is broken but I usually just pull the top of my outer ear upward and out while also tugging at the earphone. This breaks the seal. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

So, I decided to switch over to the bigger tips, and use it as a shallow insert, instead. So, these things are actually comfortable (and it turns out I can wear them over ear)! Two things, though. The cable seems really weak, and easily breakable. I hope these last for at least a while.

 

Two, are the normal tips (the type used in flanges) supposed to be itchy? These make the inside of my ear itchy somehow. I had this problem with my last IEM, but I thought if was caused by them putting so much pressure on my ear canal.

 

I'll find out tomorrow how much they isolate. I hope these work well!

 

Edit: I still have problems with taking IEMs out. I can't figure out how to make it so the era drum isn't pulled on from the change in air pressure...

 

Are you talking about the silicone tips?  Like I said, these really need to be used with foam for optimal comfort. I don't think pressure can cause your ear canal to itch; there may be some other cause (although silicone is supposed to be hypoallergenic and all). 

 

The cables are thin but it's a $20 earphone. There are only a few that have good cables in the price range - MEElecs, for example. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomjosh View Post

hi joker, nice review of t-peos h-100. do you consider T-peos h-100 and RE-400 a big upgrade coming from VSD1?


Not a big upgrade, but you'll notice the difference. More important IMO are the signature differences. The H-100 is thinner, brighter, and heavier on the subbass. The RE-400 is not as bassy as the VSD-1 and has smoother treble.

post #10960 of 13452

Joker, Sounds the TF10 a little hollow?

post #10961 of 13452
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

So, I decided to switch over to the bigger tips, and use it as a shallow insert, instead. So, these things are actually comfortable (and it turns out I can wear them over ear)! Two things, though. The cable seems really weak, and easily breakable. I hope these last for at least a while.

 

Two, are the normal tips (the type used in flanges) supposed to be itchy? These make the inside of my ear itchy somehow. I had this problem with my last IEM, but I thought if was caused by them putting so much pressure on my ear canal.

 

I'll find out tomorrow how much they isolate. I hope these work well!

 

Edit: I still have problems with taking IEMs out. I can't figure out how to make it so the era drum isn't pulled on from the change in air pressure...

 

If you've tried pulling the tip of your earlobe away and it isn't working, try pushing the back of your ear, right where the canal entry would be.  This is another way to break the ear canal seal.

post #10962 of 13452
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimer View Post

Vsonic VSD9 will compete sennheiser IE800, akg K3003, the cost will be 550$ usa 

 

 

Vsonic VSD 3 will have a sound level shure se535, westone 4, Sony MDR-EX1000

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/wk3i2o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/wbdqxi.jpg[/IMG]

 

Vsonic VSD7/VSD9

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/4l2dyq.jpg[/IMG]



So V7007 is VSD9 at all? :)

post #10963 of 13452

Hello everyone!

 

I'm looking for an iem with a very long cable, about 2-3 meters (8' or more inches). I'm not interested in using an extension cord. Anyone know some model with this specs?

 

Thanks a lot, guys!

post #10964 of 13452
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugaL View Post

Hello everyone!

 

I'm looking for an iem with a very long cable, about 2-3 meters (8' or more inches). I'm not interested in using an extension cord. Anyone know some model with this specs?

 

Thanks a lot, guys!

iSK SEM5 and SEM6 have 3m cables but I don't know how they sound.

post #10965 of 13452

The EP-100s block out a good amount of sound. It makes me happy biggrin.gif
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added 04/13/14 p. 894)