Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added 04/13/14 p. 894)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added 04/13/14 p. 894) - Page 689

post #10321 of 13452
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

I like the NT 6 a little better than the Miracle. Generally speaking, it's brighter, clearer, and more crisp. The mids are more present and vocals are more intelligible. The presentation is not as laid-back as with the Miracle, either. There's also a touch more bass impact but not as much as with the JH13. I really like the bass and midrange of the NT 6 but I do prefer the smoother treble of the Miracle, and it's a tough call on which presentation I like best. 

Thanks so much joker.

Now i am going for either NT6 or NT6 Pro, since it might be better than Miracle with its soudstage, bass quantity, bright treble, and a lot more clearer details!

Cheer!

post #10322 of 13452

joker.

might want to change the 3A30 you have for the BE to 2A30.

confused my search function for a second there till I spotted the error.

post #10323 of 13452
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

It's a glitch with the system when updating the post because of the size of the post (if i'm not mistaken). It'll be back soon.

 

This is correct. The post is too long and takes 24 hours or so to update redface.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

ljokerl

 

Hello.

Awesome thread you have here. Had seen it before but since I'm not really a fan of IEMs I didn't pay more attention ;-). Now, I want to try a couple of IEMs (just because...) and actually asked in other thread about which IEMs were similar to my gear or my faves (MrSpeakers Mad Dogs, Sennheiser HD600s, Ultrasone Signature Pro/DJ)

 

I got a recommendation for the Hifiman RE-400 which I think will "fit the bill" for the "neutral but with a warm tilt" signature similar to the Senns and MDs. However, for my "bassy" selection to emulate the Signature DJs I was going to choose the VSonic GR07 Bass Edition but instead found a deal for the Denon AH-C300s. I don't see these on your list, nor hardly any reviews so, question, have you tried the Denons? If not, what IEM would you say would deliver something similar to my Signature DJs (or if you haven't tried those Ultrasones, V-Moda M100, Yamaha Pro 500, etc.)?

 

I am not familiar with the Denon C300s (or the Signature DJs for that matter). The GR07 BE is not super bassy - maybe on-level with my V-Moda M-80. It'll be a good compliment to the RE-400 but if you want bass you can feel through your eardrums you may want to grab something else, like the Yamaha EPH-100. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

Thanks so much joker.

Now i am going for either NT6 or NT6 Pro, since it might be better than Miracle with its soudstage, bass quantity, bright treble, and a lot more clearer details!

Cheer!

 

beerchug.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomikn00b View Post

joker.

might want to change the 3A30 you have for the BE to 2A30.

confused my search function for a second there till I spotted the error.


That was my bad. Should be fixed now.

post #10324 of 13452

If the normal tips that come with IEMs irritate me, what type of tips should I get? I see foam tips, and I also see memory foam tips... Which kind and brand of those should I get, if that's what I'm supposed to be getting?
 

post #10325 of 13452
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

If the normal tips that come with IEMs irritate me, what type of tips should I get? I see foam tips, and I also see memory foam tips... Which kind and brand of those should I get, if that's what I'm supposed to be getting?

 

Foam = Comply tips

Standard = Sony Hybrids
post #10326 of 13452
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

I am not familiar with the Denon C300s (or the Signature DJs for that matter). The GR07 BE is not super bassy - maybe on-level with my V-Moda M-80. It'll be a good compliment to the RE-400 but if you want bass you can feel through your eardrums you may want to grab something else, like the Yamaha EPH-100. 

 

Thanks!

post #10327 of 13452

Hello - thank you for all of these reviews!

 

I was wondering if you had any opinions about the Westone UM1 and UM2 models as I didn't see them listed here. I'm a visual person and have fallen in love with these. I also read that soft and twisted cords reduce microphonics, and think that these may be my best options.

 

I am looking for something with little to no microphonics. I've never worn something over-ear but I won't mind that - I would prefer not having to use a clip. I would also prefer maximum isolation as I would be using these on the train. I would like a balanced sound-signature that doesn't favor any particular genre as I listen to a wide range of sounds, including piano compositions, Hip-Hop, and Rock, to be vague. I'm not big on categorizing sounds and I apologize for not being specific here.

 

I guess my budget is around $250, although I would happily accept any recommendations so long as they don't go way over this price range. The reason for this budget is that I need something that could be replaced, should it break, etc.

 

I would greatly appreciate ratings for the Westone UM1 and UM2 models along with anything else that is recommended but is not currently on the list of items that you have reviewed. Accessories, build quality, isolation, microphonics, comfort, sound, and value, please.

 

Going off of reviews on Amazon and what I gather from your reviews - that twisted cord and over-ear IEMs will offer the best in terms of microphonics reduction - I have come up with a few options for myself.

 

Westone UM1

http://www.amazon.com/Westone-UM1-Clear-earphones/dp/B004X2PHKO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2X8EWFG6WH9ZO&coliid=I2TKELFH5BFX5P

 

Westone UM1 Bundle with Triple Flange, Monitor Saver, more (?)

http://www.amazon.com/Westone-UM1-Bundle-Triple-Monitor/dp/B000QDCOE6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2X8EWFG6WH9ZO&coliid=I1S128MJ9JRY2

 

Westone UM2

http://www.amazon.com/Westone-WST-UM2-CLEAR-UM2-Clear-Earphones/dp/B000NIOVWC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2X8EWFG6WH9ZO&coliid=I294KSHWX08XF6

 

Westone W2

http://www.amazon.com/Westone-WST-WESTONE2-W2/dp/B00373PE9Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2X8EWFG6WH9ZO&coliid=I27A1P11ZOKLXG

 

Also, if it is recommended to buy earphone tips to replace those that come with these models, which would be the best? Seeing as how these would be a relatively cheap investment, I want the best.

 

I apologize if it seems that I don't really need help, but I think some guidance would be nice before making this investment.

 

Thank you.


Edited by F-F- - 5/16/13 at 7:31am
post #10328 of 13452
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

If the normal tips that come with IEMs irritate me, what type of tips should I get? I see foam tips, and I also see memory foam tips... Which kind and brand of those should I get, if that's what I'm supposed to be getting?
 

 

Comply pretty much has the market on foam tips cornered - IIRC they hold the patent on foam tips with an inner core. If you're talking about the M9, you'll want the T400 size tips. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-F- View Post

Hello - thank you for all of these reviews!

 

I was wondering if you had any opinions about the Westone UM1 and UM2 models as I didn't see them listed here. I'm a visual person and have fallen in love with these. I also read that soft and twisted cords reduce microphonics, and think that these may be my best options.

 

I am looking for something with little to no microphonics. I've never worn something over-ear but I won't mind that - I would prefer not having to use a clip. I would also prefer maximum isolation as I would be using these on the train. I would like a balanced sound-signature that doesn't favor any particular genre as I listen to a wide range of sounds, including piano compositions, Hip-Hop, and Rock, to be vague. I'm not big on categorizing sounds and I apologize for not being specific here.

 

I guess my budget is around $250, although I would happily accept any recommendations so long as they don't go way over this price range. The reason for this budget is that I need something that could be replaced, should it break, etc.

 

I would greatly appreciate ratings for the Westone UM1 and UM2 models along with anything else that is recommended but is not currently on the list of items that you have reviewed. Accessories, build quality, isolation, microphonics, comfort, sound, and value, please.

 

Going off of reviews on Amazon and what I gather from your reviews - that twisted cord and over-ear IEMs will offer the best in terms of microphonics reduction - I have come up with a few options for myself.

 

Westone UM1

http://www.amazon.com/Westone-UM1-Clear-earphones/dp/B004X2PHKO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2X8EWFG6WH9ZO&coliid=I2TKELFH5BFX5P

 

Westone UM1 Bundle with Triple Flange, Monitor Saver, more (?)

http://www.amazon.com/Westone-UM1-Bundle-Triple-Monitor/dp/B000QDCOE6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2X8EWFG6WH9ZO&coliid=I1S128MJ9JRY2

 

Westone UM2

http://www.amazon.com/Westone-WST-UM2-CLEAR-UM2-Clear-Earphones/dp/B000NIOVWC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2X8EWFG6WH9ZO&coliid=I294KSHWX08XF6

 

Westone W2

http://www.amazon.com/Westone-WST-WESTONE2-W2/dp/B00373PE9Y/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2X8EWFG6WH9ZO&coliid=I27A1P11ZOKLXG

 

Also, if it is recommended to buy earphone tips to replace those that come with these models, which would be the best? Seeing as how these would be a relatively cheap investment, I want the best.

 

I apologize if it seems that I don't really need help, but I think some guidance would be nice before making this investment.

 

Thank you.


Unfortunately I've never heard the UM1 or UM2. I can't provide ratings, or even an opinion, on items I haven't had firsthand experience with.

 

The W2 is pretty good though - arguably the most balanced of the Westone IEMs. It is true that over-ear earphones with twisted cables typically have zero or almost zero microphonics. 

post #10329 of 13452

Thanks ljokerl for your always helpful reviews. Please kindly comment on isolation measurements of some VSonic IEMs.

 

Do you happen to have isolation measurements (i.e., broadband isolation by Innerfidelity) of VSonic VC1000s and GR01s? GR01s' isolation seems to be inconsistent among people; some said it's isolation is average, while others said it is good enough for train/plane.

 

I am also surprised by Tyll / Innerfidelity's isolation measurement of VC02s. Their isolation value of -21 db sounds very surprisingly low for a pair deeply-inserted IEMs. I understand that they have micro drivers and not BAs, but based on their shape, I would expect broadband isolation around -30 db (if not -40 db like ER4s with foam).

Tyll's measurement indicates that VC02s may not isolate much more than GR07s. Does that match your experience? I also saw a 5 db difference in Tyll's isolation measurement of the GR07s (-19 db) and GR07 BEs (-24 db). Was that caused by different tips, different insertion depth or something else?

 

Thanks so much.

 

Eidt: The reason why I am asking is because I am looking for isolation IEMs, which do not sound as bright as ER4s but get close in terms of isolation (want close to -40 db broadband isolation). VCR02s or VC1000s look promising and are not expensive :-) , though I am not sure about their isolation. Sound quality is not a concern (I have acrylic CIEM for that task, which sound good but only isolate around -30db). I have Sleek SA6s which isolation very well with Shure olives (they can be inserted deeply) but it's cable broke on me twice. 


Edited by zzffnn - 5/16/13 at 12:42pm
post #10330 of 13452
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

Comply pretty much has the market on foam tips cornered - IIRC they hold the patent on foam tips with an inner core. If you're talking about the M9, you'll want the T400 size tips. 

Which size should I get of the T400s? I will still be getting the VC02s, so I probably need more then one size...

post #10331 of 13452

I'm sorry if this has been asked already. Which comply tips fit on the GR07? I prefer foam tips and the grey ones that came in stock work well but are slightly big for my ears. Are those large sized? I ask so I have a better idea of which size to get once I find out which model fits. 

post #10332 of 13452

how come impedance for the fitear 334 is N/A ??

post #10333 of 13452
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg0717 View Post

how come impedance for the fitear 334 is N/A ??

Not much information is posted on Fitear.

So that's N/A.

post #10334 of 13452
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

Which size should I get of the T400s? I will still be getting the VC02s, so I probably need more then one size...

 

The T400s will fit on the M9 but not the VC02 so you may want to hold off on getting them if you're switching earphones.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

I'm sorry if this has been asked already. Which comply tips fit on the GR07? I prefer foam tips and the grey ones that came in stock work well but are slightly big for my ears. Are those large sized? I ask so I have a better idea of which size to get once I find out which model fits. 

 

I am not sure which size fits but I know mine don't fit - the *200s are too small and the *400s are too large. The stock GR07 tips are medium-ish in size but Comply foam is softer so medium Complys may still work well for you.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg0717 View Post

how come impedance for the fitear 334 is N/A ??


Couldn't find the number.

post #10335 of 13452
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

I am not sure which size fits but I know mine don't fit - the *200s are too small and the *400s are too large. The stock GR07 tips are medium-ish in size but Comply foam is softer so medium Complys may still work well for you.

 

So which Comply model should I choose? Will these (Ts500) fit on the Gr07?

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQU2U48/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2QWCGRX6ZBEDE

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added 04/13/14 p. 894)