- 9,615 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Santa Monica, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM50A In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/3/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C710 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics SX-31-BK Noise-Sealing Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productPhiaton PS 200 Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones with Dual Micro Transducers (Woofer andTweeter)tagged by System, 5/27/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 6/26/10More
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- product"The Red" HDSS earphonestagged by System, 7/22/11
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FX67 Review | A Hidden Gem Last post on 11/22/13 at 7:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 2/25/14 at 6:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 6/10/13 at 11:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 1/2/14 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added 03/06/14 p. 878) - Page 825post #12361 of 1320912/18/13 at 12:48amThread StarterThanks.. posted a tech support/bug thread. Seems to be all better now.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12362 of 1320912/18/13 at 12:48amThread Starterpost #12363 of 1320912/18/13 at 1:08ampost #12364 of 1320912/18/13 at 1:25ampost #12365 of 1320912/18/13 at 1:40amQuote:Yes, definitely. Tighter, more detailed bass, clearer, colder mids and a more emphasized treble makes the DN-1000 a much better IEM IMO. To be fair it does cost almost twice as much.post #12366 of 1320912/18/13 at 9:23am
Gotcha. Well I've got the SM2 now and definitely don't want less bass; I'm after more aggressive upper mids and treble for rock/metal. Even without the filters they still sound unnatural with "real" music; you're right to compare them to the UM3X, I'd say they are basically the same but with a slightly more blended sound and bigger soundstage. Luckily I got them for $100 so I'm not too disappointed :P
I've been delaying a GR07 purchase for ages on principle due to their lack of replaceable cable...*whine* I refuse to give in though! I've heard rumors so I'm holding out.
Can't wait to hear your take on the InEar SD3, it's been tickling my fancy for some time.
Quote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
I would have a tough time labeling the SE535 as "fun". It doesn't have as much as the SM2, that's for sure. In general I think of "fun" as more of a v-shaped signature (think "rock" EQ present) which in this is case is closest to the GR07 (or better yet GR07 BE). The SM2 has a warmer sound with more relaxed upper mids. Again, not really "fun" for me, personally at this stage - more of a UM3X competitor in the musician's monitor space.post #12367 of 1320912/18/13 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:
Not sure of the rating for the DN-1000 yet. I like it quite a lot but its treble is not entirely smooth and can be a little excessive. For example it's more prone towards sibilance than the MA750. Different sound signatures, with the DN-1000 being more v-shaped.Quote:
It's a very good earphone. I prefer the less bassy SD-2, though. Reviews should be up soon.post #12368 of 1320912/18/13 at 7:19pmpost #12369 of 1320912/18/13 at 7:29pmpost #12370 of 1320912/18/13 at 10:26pmQuote:
Why do you want a tighter bass on something thay already has tight bass? Comply tips soften the sound but they don't tighten the bass.post #12371 of 1320912/18/13 at 10:30pmQuote:
I like Shure Olive tips, they take away just a bit of the bright edge without effecting the overall sound as much as Complys - plus they're more durable and more comfortable. Don't know what you mean about the bass, it's very tight already.post #12372 of 1320912/19/13 at 4:29amQuote:Sorry I misunderstood the bass in DBA02-MKII. It is tight.
Does the Shure Olive tip fit well on the nozzle of DBA02-MKII ?
Does it make the bass more punchy and deeper?post #12373 of 1320912/19/13 at 4:41am
I don't think foam tips make the bass deeper and more punchy. From my experience single flange silicone tips (this is a VERY diverse category) tend to give the punchiest and deepest bass. But I haven't used any olives, just comply and vsonic foams. I did however love comply tips on my R-50 because they do add some kind of texture to the bass. Like the soft reverberations of a finger plucked bass guitar. You can almost see the string vibrate.post #12374 of 1320912/19/13 at 7:15amQuote:Originally Posted by MoonYeol
I don't think foam tips make the bass deeper and more punchy. From my experience single flange silicone tips (this is a VERY diverse category) tend to give the punchiest and deepest bass. But I haven't used any olives, just comply and vsonic foams. I did however love comply tips on my R-50 because they do add some kind of texture to the bass. Like the soft reverberations of a finger plucked bass guitar. You can almost see the string vibrate.
After changing to Shure's olive tip, I found it cuts down a bit of brightness of the original sound of DBA02-MKII.
I feel DBA02-MKII is no so good for song that emphasize heavy bass like dance/rock music. :(post #12375 of 1320912/19/13 at 8:48amThread StarterQuote:
Don't have one at this time. Maybe (hopefully) next year, especially if ATH decides to release these in the US...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added 03/06/14 p. 878)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Home-Made IEMs 26 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › IC Melbourne Meet 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude