Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM50A In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/3/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C710 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics SX-31-BK Noise-Sealing Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productPhiaton PS 200 Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones with Dual Micro Transducers (Woofer andTweeter)tagged by System, 5/27/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 6/26/10More
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- product"The Red" HDSS earphonestagged by System, 7/22/11
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FX67 Review | A Hidden Gem Last post on 11/22/13 at 7:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 2/25/14 at 6:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 6/10/13 at 11:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 1/2/14 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added 03/06/14 p. 878) - Page 696
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10427 of 132105/25/13 at 11:49amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by goldtuba
i just wanted to give you another thank you post for all of your hard work for this thread. because of you, i've bought a hifiman re262 and an meelec 6. with your combined review with DavidMahler's flagship reviews i also got a pair of westone 4's. no questions here, just wanted to say thank you
Thanks, glad it's been usefulQuote:
It is an Etymotic product and I think it's oriented towards the concerned parents more so than the kids so hopefully not too cutesy...post #10428 of 132105/26/13 at 7:35pmpost #10429 of 132105/26/13 at 8:24pmQuote:
Right on, those Duo's look like the nicest of the Corecool v2 IEM variants that have been popping up here on head-fi. I'm interested to see how they stack up.post #10430 of 132105/27/13 at 2:01ampost #10431 of 132105/27/13 at 2:44am
i know you aren't done reviewing the sony mh1c but can we hear your initial impressions on them?
& also is the bass on them overpowering(even after sealing the vent)
Edited by kartikk - 5/27/13 at 3:25ampost #10432 of 132105/27/13 at 12:36pmThread StarterQuote:
I've only tried the IE8, not the IE80.
The Sony EX-series earphones have the soundstage but less bass.
The FX700 has fantastic bass but isn't quite as large in terms of soundstage/headstage as the IE8. It's the closest I've heard in terms of a compromise, though.Quote:
Yeah, I actually like it a lot. Yes, the bass towers over the mids and highs too much and isn't as tight as I would like but it has good depth and the rest of the sound is surprisingly refined. I would say they are at least on-par with the best budget stuff from VSonic, different sound signature aside. Great value at $35 or even at the MSRP.post #10433 of 132105/27/13 at 12:59pm
I agree, the Sony MH1C sounds pretty good for the money (for me more analytical than fun, with a timbre close to neutral) but its dreadful asymmetric ribbon cable and issues with seal or driver flex... can really pester.
My Vsonic R02 Silver, where are you?
Edited by justblue - 5/27/13 at 1:02pmpost #10434 of 132105/27/13 at 4:58pmThread StarterQuote:
No driver flex here but I do hate the cable. Went back to using the Dunu Detonator as my phone headset for the time being because the cable on the MH1C is just too annoying.post #10435 of 132105/27/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
Joker what iem would you say has a similar sound signature with the mh1c but with a better cable and 50$?post #10436 of 132105/27/13 at 10:39pmThread StarterQuote:
Hmm... under $50 probably the RHA MA-350 for a similar signature, but I don't think it's as refined overall, especially in the treble region, and is a little more bass-biased as well.post #10437 of 132105/27/13 at 11:19pm
if i connect one of my phones (Klipsch S4, id America Spark, MEElec CW31, MEElec A161P, AKG K518)
to a usb dac (like the Fiio e10 connected to a pc) instead of straight to a smartphone,
should i notice any major difference in sq?
im sorry i just havn't realized the whole headphone amp thing yet...
i read ppl saying headphone amps are useless for IEM's...yet all these pricey headphone amps are being sold... are these only useful for not-iem phones??
post #10438 of 132105/28/13 at 9:19ampost #10439 of 132105/28/13 at 9:40amQuote:
How on earth did you get them so early? They aren't even on sale yet lolpost #10440 of 132105/28/13 at 9:43amQuote:
Tester + I gave MEElec a helping hand for the M-DUO Contest Promotional.
Edited by Niyologist - 5/28/13 at 9:44amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added 03/06/14 p. 878)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 17 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 33 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 58 seconds ago
- › Choosing hd 598, how bad is the sound leak? 1 minute ago
- › Best android music player app? 1 minute ago
- › K'i't'c'h'e'n Units Newcastle 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Can't understand this 6moons review 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude