Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM50A In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/3/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C710 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics SX-31-BK Noise-Sealing Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productPhiaton PS 200 Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones with Dual Micro Transducers (Woofer andTweeter)tagged by System, 5/27/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 6/26/10More
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- product"The Red" HDSS earphonestagged by System, 7/22/11
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FX67 Review | A Hidden Gem Last post on 11/22/13 at 7:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 3/25/13 at 12:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 6/10/13 at 11:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 12/1/12 at 10:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Please make sure to click that Like button at the bottom of the page, also drop a comment and feel free to ask questions if you have them! AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic...
Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5 Added 12/05/13 p.818) - Page 587
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8792 of 1232311/21/12 at 10:17ampost #8793 of 1232311/21/12 at 11:18ampost #8794 of 1232311/21/12 at 11:20ampost #8795 of 1232311/21/12 at 11:29am
Maybe a difficult question - but how do the Yamaha EPH100s compare to the Brainwavz HM5/Fischer Audio FA-003 in terms of sound signature? I know those cans are full-sized, but I desperately need to find a full-sized, well-isolationg headphone that can hold a candle to the Yams; they just have such a satisfying sound sig.post #8796 of 1232311/21/12 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by AstralStorm
Well, RE-ZERO is as much direct upgrade over RE0 as they come. The other IEMs of the line are somewhat sideway treks, even RE272, which is the closest. Still, I bet you'd get more mileage out of custom tips for RE0 than from RE-ZERO alone. Or perhaps combine both ideas
It's one of a kind IEM...
I still have the old RE2 from few years agol, and still love them. Is the RE0 a direct evolution ?
Edited by musiclife - 12/3/12 at 4:43pmpost #8797 of 1232311/21/12 at 12:05pmpost #8798 of 1232311/21/12 at 2:53pmpost #8799 of 1232311/21/12 at 4:21pmQuote:
I have the PFE 112 and I'm waiting for my 75 ohm adaptar to arrive, so, if you with, I can post my impressions (I still have to wait the mail service to deliver it).post #8800 of 1232311/21/12 at 7:24pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Someone should really send one your way. IMHO, it's bar-none one of the best values around. Period. In my view, it definitely rivals the R-50 in terms of value. The R-50 won't ingratiate itself to everyone, while the BA200 will definitely appeal to a wider audience, while accuracy-minded folks will still appreciate it, as even when it doesn't have the top-end sizzle, it is very well-extended on both ends.
Someone graciously offered but I had to turn it down due to lack of spare time. I'll try and get my hands on it next year. I like R-50 but even that review has been delayed for months already .Quote:
Answered your PM.Quote:Originally Posted by chipstjuven
Maybe a difficult question - but how do the Yamaha EPH100s compare to the Brainwavz HM5/Fischer Audio FA-003 in terms of sound signature? I know those cans are full-sized, but I desperately need to find a full-sized, well-isolationg headphone that can hold a candle to the Yams; they just have such a satisfying sound sig.
I only heard the FA-003 briefly something like 2 years ago so I don't think I can be of much help there. For what it's worth someone else asked for a EPH-100 competitor in headphone form and I recommended the V-Moda M-80. Maybe the M-100 is worth looking at as far as full-size cans go.Quote:
It is and it isn't. Because it's a lower-end product, the RE2's frequency response is less extended and skewed in favor of the treble and away from the bass, resulting a brighter sound. The RE0 is more balanced, more refined, and more neutral in tone. If you like the RE2 you probably will like the RE0 and RE-ZERO as well but they are not an exact signature match.
Edited by ljokerl - 11/21/12 at 9:24pmpost #8801 of 1232311/22/12 at 7:15ampost #8802 of 1232311/22/12 at 11:53amThread Starter
It's been years since I've had an RE0 and a while since I sold my last HF5 for the ER4. I don't think I can or should attempt a comparison from memory as they are both balanced and neutral-sounding earphones with more similarities than differences. If you already own the HF5 (which I think you do) I probably wouldn't bother with the RE0. The ZERO, maybe.post #8803 of 1232311/22/12 at 9:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
It's been years since I've had an RE0 and a while since I sold my last HF5 for the ER4. I don't think I can or should attempt a comparison from memory as they are both balanced and neutral-sounding earphones with more similarities than differences. If you already own the HF5 (which I think you do) I probably wouldn't bother with the RE0. The ZERO, maybe.
Well then how do the re-zero compare with the hf5 since head-direct have them back in stock now?post #8804 of 1232311/23/12 at 12:06amThread StarterQuote:
Still pretty similar, the ZERO has more of a dynamic-driver note presentation with softer, rounder notes. It sounds a little fuller and smoother and more mid-forward (and just more forward overall) while the Etys are more crisp, a bit less forgiving up top, and to my ears clearer.post #8805 of 1232311/23/12 at 2:03amQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
Still pretty similar, the ZERO has more of a dynamic-driver note presentation with softer, rounder notes. It sounds a little fuller and smoother and more mid-forward (and just more forward overall) while the Etys are more crisp, a bit less forgiving up top, and to my ears clearer.
Head-direct ran out of re-zero again, I'll probably never get a chance to purchase them, I guess I will be saving up for a more expensive iem then, anyway thanks for the comparison.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5 Added 12/05/13 p.818)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 42 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi 2013 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › Klipsch Image S4i II did not meet my expectations...No bass...Harsh... 1 minute ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E18 Going Back (High Pitched Noise) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 2 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe