- 306 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM50A In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/3/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C710 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics SX-31-BK Noise-Sealing Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productPhiaton PS 200 Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones with Dual Micro Transducers (Woofer andTweeter)tagged by System, 5/27/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 6/26/10More
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- product"The Red" HDSS earphonestagged by System, 7/22/11
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FX67 Review | A Hidden Gem Last post on 11/22/13 at 7:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 3/25/13 at 12:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 6/10/13 at 11:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 12/1/12 at 10:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/9/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: Yesterday
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5 Added 12/05/13 p.818) - Page 543post #8131 of 123129/12/12 at 3:49pmHow does the vsonic gr99 compare with the philips she3580. Which one has better bass, mids, highs, soundstage etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8132 of 123129/12/12 at 7:32pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by esanthosh
In India, XBA-3 is available for as low as ₹6600 ($120). Even the official price is only $145. Granted that it's more on account of the currency depreciation, it is still a decent choice for those who want to avoid the hassles of shipping and customs. But one is open to taking a little risk, plenty of better options can be found in that range. IMO, XBA-1 offers better value for money.
Wow, that's less than half of what it costs here.Quote:Originally Posted by hatecrew1992
I really feel drawn to the Etymotic Hf5 and was thinking of getting them + the custom tips since isolation an comfort are somewaht important to me. But before pulling the trigger I wanted to ask two questions:
1. : I am not sure wether they will perform well with the music I am listening to, wich would be mainly metalcore and (post-)hardcore like
every time I die, Architects, Letlive, Sick of it all and so on...
2. : A friend of mine said that the tips will influence the sound slightly, so I wanted to ask wether this was true and if so, in what way would the costum tips influence it?
The HF5 will work very well if you like your sound balanced and accurate. (Good) custom tips pretty much give you a perfect seal 100% of the time. I don't think they improve quality over a well-sealed triple-flange (just as an example) but they may very well be more comfortable while providing an equally good seal.Quote:
The vPulse is not much of an improvement over the SHE3580 sound-wise so I felt that needed saying . I have a bunch of cheapies to add soon and the SHE3580 might be among them.Quote:Originally Posted by hatecrew1992
the only IEMs I have are the Beyer DTX101 and those are way to bassy for me, other than that I never owned an IEM. I also have a V-Moda M80, wich I like and normally use on the go for now, a Beyer DT-770 wich is my standard-phone to use with my PC (but to bassy for music only use) and a Senheiser HD595, wich also is nice but a bit gloomy (if that makes any sense), what i miss from all of those is a certain level of detail, thats why I was thinking about the Etymotic
The DTX101 is a bass-heavy earphone. You won't have that problem with the Etys or something like a MEElec A161P.Quote:
Pretty well overall. I think the GR99 is warmer and has more bass impact while the SHE3580 is a little brighter and clearer. The bass is tighter with the Philips while the quality of the treble is comparable with the GR99 a tiny bit smoother. I would give the GR99 the edge in presentation - it's got more out-of-the-head feel.post #8133 of 123129/12/12 at 11:16pmpost #8134 of 123129/13/12 at 1:42am
Joker, I think you should review the Sennheiser CX880s. They've seemed pretty good from what I've read, and should fall under 8's or 7's average, and cost under $100.post #8135 of 123129/13/12 at 3:45ampost #8136 of 123129/13/12 at 5:37ampost #8137 of 123129/13/12 at 5:51amQuote:
trying picking them up for the review and the other 2 (as i mentioned Panasonic RP HJE355 and Sony MDREX-10LP).post #8138 of 123129/13/12 at 7:46amQuote:
what's so good about the ex10lp??post #8139 of 123129/13/12 at 8:27am
I think... he looked at the user reviews for those phones and the EX-10LP ranks higher than the others because it has two reviews to the others' 1? But that doesn't mean anything, I mean... even I haven't posted a review for the SHE3580 to the review widget, so who does? lolpost #8140 of 123129/13/12 at 8:40ampost #8141 of 123129/13/12 at 9:50pmThread StarterQuote:
Think I'd rather shoot for an IE800
Seems like the $145 'official' price should carry a warranty, and that's still way less than the $280-300 I'm seeing from authorized dealers here in the US.post #8142 of 123129/13/12 at 10:13pmQuote:
Just to be clear, I did buy it at the authorized Sony dealer for $145. Even at that time, plenty of online shops (and eBay) have carried XBA-3 for slightly less than the MSRP ($140). Sony does offer one year replacement warranty as long as the buyer has an invoice and a Sony warranty card (as I mentioned here). I was in the process of fixing a price for my XBA-3 sale in the forums, which is when I stumbled upon the $120 listing. I have never bought anything from naaptol nor do I know about the warranty offered, but just mentioned it for the sake of showing the price differential between India and US.
Edited by esanthosh - 9/13/12 at 10:19pmpost #8143 of 123129/14/12 at 3:41am
Go for it - can you get an early preview from anywhere? I am looking forward to seeing how the ie800s stack up against other non-customs... or even the ie80!post #8144 of 123129/14/12 at 6:50am
I think you should review the ink'd 2 and 50/50. Wait i know what your thinking: SKULLCANDY!! what are you crazy!? These are actually pretty good at least from a bassheads perspective. Skullcandy has really improved their products recently just look at the aviators, mixmasters, and hesh 2 (tyll reviewed all 3).post #8145 of 123129/14/12 at 10:15am
I am intersted in sony MDREX-10lp bcz of all the good reviews about it on this site as well as other sites as joe mentioned.
Quote:Originally Posted by lilboozy
I think you should review the ink'd 2 and 50/50. Wait i know what your thinking: SKULLCANDY!! what are you crazy!? These are actually pretty good at least from a bassheads perspective. Skullcandy has really improved their products recently just look at the aviators, mixmasters, and hesh 2 (tyll reviewed all 3).
i don't know about the ink'd 2 which came recently into the scene but for 50/50, i have them with me for last one year and won't recommend them for bassheads especially.In the intial stages,it had a good bass but with longer hours of use and burn in ,they loss their bass and all i could hear is treble and after 1 year of use,i am totally unsatisfed with my dubstep experience with them.i would recommend other brand like Senniheiser and JNC over them for a hefty price of 50$.thats one of the reason y iam looking for cheaper in ears.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5 Added 12/05/13 p.818)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms 57 seconds ago
- › Xbox one coming: looking for wireless dolby headphones with optical... 1 minute ago
- › What equipment would I need to hear the difference between a... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 1 minute ago
- › x can v8 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 2 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 3 minutes ago
- › Best IEM for a bass head? 3 minutes ago
- › DT 770's Very Uncomfortable 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Sicher
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe