Is MC5 made in U.S.A?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM50A In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/3/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C710 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics SX-31-BK Noise-Sealing Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productPhiaton PS 200 Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones with Dual Micro Transducers (Woofer andTweeter)tagged by System, 5/27/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 6/26/10More
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- product"The Red" HDSS earphonestagged by System, 7/22/11
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FX67 Review | A Hidden Gem Last post on 11/22/13 at 7:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 3/25/13 at 12:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 6/10/13 at 11:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 12/1/12 at 10:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: Yesterday
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5 Added 12/05/13 p.818) - Page 696
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10427 of 123155/24/13 at 10:37pmpost #10428 of 123155/25/13 at 11:49amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by goldtuba
i just wanted to give you another thank you post for all of your hard work for this thread. because of you, i've bought a hifiman re262 and an meelec 6. with your combined review with DavidMahler's flagship reviews i also got a pair of westone 4's. no questions here, just wanted to say thank you
Thanks, glad it's been usefulQuote:
It is an Etymotic product and I think it's oriented towards the concerned parents more so than the kids so hopefully not too cutesy...post #10429 of 123155/26/13 at 7:35pmpost #10430 of 123155/26/13 at 8:24pmQuote:
Right on, those Duo's look like the nicest of the Corecool v2 IEM variants that have been popping up here on head-fi. I'm interested to see how they stack up.post #10431 of 123155/27/13 at 2:01ampost #10432 of 123155/27/13 at 2:44am
i know you aren't done reviewing the sony mh1c but can we hear your initial impressions on them?
& also is the bass on them overpowering(even after sealing the vent)
Edited by kartikk - 5/27/13 at 3:25ampost #10433 of 123155/27/13 at 12:36pmThread StarterQuote:
I've only tried the IE8, not the IE80.
The Sony EX-series earphones have the soundstage but less bass.
The FX700 has fantastic bass but isn't quite as large in terms of soundstage/headstage as the IE8. It's the closest I've heard in terms of a compromise, though.Quote:
Yeah, I actually like it a lot. Yes, the bass towers over the mids and highs too much and isn't as tight as I would like but it has good depth and the rest of the sound is surprisingly refined. I would say they are at least on-par with the best budget stuff from VSonic, different sound signature aside. Great value at $35 or even at the MSRP.post #10434 of 123155/27/13 at 12:59pm
I agree, the Sony MH1C sounds pretty good for the money (for me more analytical than fun, with a timbre close to neutral) but its dreadful asymmetric ribbon cable and issues with seal or driver flex... can really pester.
My Vsonic R02 Silver, where are you?
Edited by justblue - 5/27/13 at 1:02pmpost #10435 of 123155/27/13 at 4:58pmThread StarterQuote:
No driver flex here but I do hate the cable. Went back to using the Dunu Detonator as my phone headset for the time being because the cable on the MH1C is just too annoying.post #10436 of 123155/27/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
Joker what iem would you say has a similar sound signature with the mh1c but with a better cable and 50$?post #10437 of 123155/27/13 at 10:39pmThread StarterQuote:
Hmm... under $50 probably the RHA MA-350 for a similar signature, but I don't think it's as refined overall, especially in the treble region, and is a little more bass-biased as well.post #10438 of 123155/27/13 at 11:19pm
if i connect one of my phones (Klipsch S4, id America Spark, MEElec CW31, MEElec A161P, AKG K518)
to a usb dac (like the Fiio e10 connected to a pc) instead of straight to a smartphone,
should i notice any major difference in sq?
im sorry i just havn't realized the whole headphone amp thing yet...
i read ppl saying headphone amps are useless for IEM's...yet all these pricey headphone amps are being sold... are these only useful for not-iem phones??
post #10439 of 123155/28/13 at 9:19ampost #10440 of 123155/28/13 at 9:40amQuote:
How on earth did you get them so early? They aren't even on sale yet lolReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5 Added 12/05/13 p.818)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 13 seconds ago
- › WOO AUDIO COMPARISON THREAD 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from soundMAGIC E-30 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › Usb dac/amp, xonar essence one alternative 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Whiplash Twag V2 48" iem cable jh/Westone pins 5 minutes ago
- › WTB Sony xb90ex 6 minutes ago
- › IBasso DX50 vs Fiio X3 comparison thread 7 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe