Is MC5 made in U.S.A?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM50A In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/3/12
- productAudio Technica CK100tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C710 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/30/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics SX-31-BK Noise-Sealing Earbuds (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productPhiaton PS 200 Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones with Dual Micro Transducers (Woofer andTweeter)tagged by System, 5/27/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 6/26/10More
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/23/11
- productSoundmagic PL 21tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- product"The Red" HDSS earphonestagged by System, 7/23/11
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FX67 Review | A Hidden Gem Last post on 11/22/13 at 7:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 3/25/13 at 12:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 6/10/13 at 11:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 12/1/12 at 10:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
Multi-IEM Review - 303 IEMs compared (Noble 4S Added 11/28/13 p.813) - Page 696
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10427 of 122545/24/13 at 10:37pmpost #10428 of 122545/25/13 at 11:49amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by goldtuba
i just wanted to give you another thank you post for all of your hard work for this thread. because of you, i've bought a hifiman re262 and an meelec 6. with your combined review with DavidMahler's flagship reviews i also got a pair of westone 4's. no questions here, just wanted to say thank you
Thanks, glad it's been usefulQuote:
It is an Etymotic product and I think it's oriented towards the concerned parents more so than the kids so hopefully not too cutesy...post #10429 of 122545/26/13 at 7:35pmpost #10430 of 122545/26/13 at 8:24pmQuote:
Right on, those Duo's look like the nicest of the Corecool v2 IEM variants that have been popping up here on head-fi. I'm interested to see how they stack up.post #10431 of 122545/27/13 at 2:01ampost #10432 of 122545/27/13 at 2:44am
i know you aren't done reviewing the sony mh1c but can we hear your initial impressions on them?
& also is the bass on them overpowering(even after sealing the vent)
Edited by kartikk - 5/27/13 at 3:25ampost #10433 of 122545/27/13 at 12:36pmThread StarterQuote:
I've only tried the IE8, not the IE80.
The Sony EX-series earphones have the soundstage but less bass.
The FX700 has fantastic bass but isn't quite as large in terms of soundstage/headstage as the IE8. It's the closest I've heard in terms of a compromise, though.Quote:
Yeah, I actually like it a lot. Yes, the bass towers over the mids and highs too much and isn't as tight as I would like but it has good depth and the rest of the sound is surprisingly refined. I would say they are at least on-par with the best budget stuff from VSonic, different sound signature aside. Great value at $35 or even at the MSRP.post #10434 of 122545/27/13 at 12:59pm
I agree, the Sony MH1C sounds pretty good for the money (for me more analytical than fun, with a timbre close to neutral) but its dreadful asymmetric ribbon cable and issues with seal or driver flex... can really pester.
My Vsonic R02 Silver, where are you?
Edited by justblue - 5/27/13 at 1:02pmpost #10435 of 122545/27/13 at 4:58pmThread StarterQuote:
No driver flex here but I do hate the cable. Went back to using the Dunu Detonator as my phone headset for the time being because the cable on the MH1C is just too annoying.post #10436 of 122545/27/13 at 9:15pmQuote:
Joker what iem would you say has a similar sound signature with the mh1c but with a better cable and 50$?post #10437 of 122545/27/13 at 10:39pmThread StarterQuote:
Hmm... under $50 probably the RHA MA-350 for a similar signature, but I don't think it's as refined overall, especially in the treble region, and is a little more bass-biased as well.post #10438 of 122545/27/13 at 11:19pm
if i connect one of my phones (Klipsch S4, id America Spark, MEElec CW31, MEElec A161P, AKG K518)
to a usb dac (like the Fiio e10 connected to a pc) instead of straight to a smartphone,
should i notice any major difference in sq?
im sorry i just havn't realized the whole headphone amp thing yet...
i read ppl saying headphone amps are useless for IEM's...yet all these pricey headphone amps are being sold... are these only useful for not-iem phones??
post #10439 of 122545/28/13 at 9:19ampost #10440 of 122545/28/13 at 9:40amQuote:
How on earth did you get them so early? They aren't even on sale yet lolReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 303 IEMs compared (Noble 4S Added 11/28/13 p.813)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Ibasso D-zero or android compatible dac/amp 37 seconds ago
- › Superlux Express Train 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser ORPHEUS HE-90 *LIKE NEW* MINT CONDITION *ORIGINAL... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions... 10 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 16 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 16 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 18 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 19 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi