- 272 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAudio Technica Ath Ckm50a In Ear Headphones
- itemAudio Technica CK100
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitors
- itemDenon AH C710 Advanced In Ear Headphones
- itemFischer Audio DBA 02
- categoryIn Ear
- itemMEElectronics SX 31 BK Noise Sealing Earbuds Black
- itemPhiaton PS 200
- itemSkullcandy INKd Earbuds 2009
- itemSleek Audio Sa1 Siam Rosewood Earphones
- itemSoundmagic E10
- itemSoundmagic PL 21
- itemSpider Realvoice Vertical In The Ear Headphone
- itemThe Red HDSS Earphones
- itemVSONIC VC02
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - READ THE FIRST POST! Last post on Today at 1:23 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FX67 Review | A Hidden Gem Last post on 12/29/12 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 3/25/13 at 12:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 6/10/13 at 11:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Related Head Gear
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Multi-IEM Review - 286 IEMs compared (LG Quadbeat & TDK MT300 Added 06/16/13 p.711) - Page 543post #8131 of 106929/12/12 at 3:49pmHow does the vsonic gr99 compare with the philips she3580. Which one has better bass, mids, highs, soundstage etc.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8132 of 106929/12/12 at 7:32pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by esanthosh
In India, XBA-3 is available for as low as ₹6600 ($120). Even the official price is only $145. Granted that it's more on account of the currency depreciation, it is still a decent choice for those who want to avoid the hassles of shipping and customs. But one is open to taking a little risk, plenty of better options can be found in that range. IMO, XBA-1 offers better value for money.
Wow, that's less than half of what it costs here.Quote:Originally Posted by hatecrew1992
I really feel drawn to the Etymotic Hf5 and was thinking of getting them + the custom tips since isolation an comfort are somewaht important to me. But before pulling the trigger I wanted to ask two questions:
1. : I am not sure wether they will perform well with the music I am listening to, wich would be mainly metalcore and (post-)hardcore like
every time I die, Architects, Letlive, Sick of it all and so on...
2. : A friend of mine said that the tips will influence the sound slightly, so I wanted to ask wether this was true and if so, in what way would the costum tips influence it?
The HF5 will work very well if you like your sound balanced and accurate. (Good) custom tips pretty much give you a perfect seal 100% of the time. I don't think they improve quality over a well-sealed triple-flange (just as an example) but they may very well be more comfortable while providing an equally good seal.Quote:
The vPulse is not much of an improvement over the SHE3580 sound-wise so I felt that needed saying . I have a bunch of cheapies to add soon and the SHE3580 might be among them.Quote:Originally Posted by hatecrew1992
the only IEMs I have are the Beyer DTX101 and those are way to bassy for me, other than that I never owned an IEM. I also have a V-Moda M80, wich I like and normally use on the go for now, a Beyer DT-770 wich is my standard-phone to use with my PC (but to bassy for music only use) and a Senheiser HD595, wich also is nice but a bit gloomy (if that makes any sense), what i miss from all of those is a certain level of detail, thats why I was thinking about the Etymotic
The DTX101 is a bass-heavy earphone. You won't have that problem with the Etys or something like a MEElec A161P.Quote:
Pretty well overall. I think the GR99 is warmer and has more bass impact while the SHE3580 is a little brighter and clearer. The bass is tighter with the Philips while the quality of the treble is comparable with the GR99 a tiny bit smoother. I would give the GR99 the edge in presentation - it's got more out-of-the-head feel.post #8133 of 106929/12/12 at 11:16pmpost #8134 of 106929/13/12 at 1:42am
Joker, I think you should review the Sennheiser CX880s. They've seemed pretty good from what I've read, and should fall under 8's or 7's average, and cost under $100.post #8135 of 106929/13/12 at 3:45ampost #8136 of 106929/13/12 at 5:37ampost #8137 of 106929/13/12 at 5:51amQuote:
trying picking them up for the review and the other 2 (as i mentioned Panasonic RP HJE355 and Sony MDREX-10LP).post #8138 of 106929/13/12 at 7:46amQuote:
what's so good about the ex10lp??post #8139 of 106929/13/12 at 8:27am
I think... he looked at the user reviews for those phones and the EX-10LP ranks higher than the others because it has two reviews to the others' 1? But that doesn't mean anything, I mean... even I haven't posted a review for the SHE3580 to the review widget, so who does? lolpost #8140 of 106929/13/12 at 8:40ampost #8141 of 106929/13/12 at 9:50pmThread StarterQuote:
Think I'd rather shoot for an IE800
Seems like the $145 'official' price should carry a warranty, and that's still way less than the $280-300 I'm seeing from authorized dealers here in the US.post #8142 of 106929/13/12 at 10:13pmQuote:
Just to be clear, I did buy it at the authorized Sony dealer for $145. Even at that time, plenty of online shops (and eBay) have carried XBA-3 for slightly less than the MSRP ($140). Sony does offer one year replacement warranty as long as the buyer has an invoice and a Sony warranty card (as I mentioned here). I was in the process of fixing a price for my XBA-3 sale in the forums, which is when I stumbled upon the $120 listing. I have never bought anything from naaptol nor do I know about the warranty offered, but just mentioned it for the sake of showing the price differential between India and US.
Edited by esanthosh - 9/13/12 at 10:19pmpost #8143 of 106929/14/12 at 3:41am
Go for it - can you get an early preview from anywhere? I am looking forward to seeing how the ie800s stack up against other non-customs... or even the ie80!post #8144 of 106929/14/12 at 6:50am
I think you should review the ink'd 2 and 50/50. Wait i know what your thinking: SKULLCANDY!! what are you crazy!? These are actually pretty good at least from a bassheads perspective. Skullcandy has really improved their products recently just look at the aviators, mixmasters, and hesh 2 (tyll reviewed all 3).post #8145 of 106929/14/12 at 10:15am
I am intersted in sony MDREX-10lp bcz of all the good reviews about it on this site as well as other sites as joe mentioned.
Quote:Originally Posted by lilboozy
I think you should review the ink'd 2 and 50/50. Wait i know what your thinking: SKULLCANDY!! what are you crazy!? These are actually pretty good at least from a bassheads perspective. Skullcandy has really improved their products recently just look at the aviators, mixmasters, and hesh 2 (tyll reviewed all 3).
i don't know about the ink'd 2 which came recently into the scene but for 50/50, i have them with me for last one year and won't recommend them for bassheads especially.In the intial stages,it had a good bass but with longer hours of use and burn in ,they loss their bass and all i could hear is treble and after 1 year of use,i am totally unsatisfed with my dubstep experience with them.i would recommend other brand like Senniheiser and JNC over them for a hefty price of 50$.thats one of the reason y iam looking for cheaper in ears.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 286 IEMs compared (LG Quadbeat & TDK MT300 Added 06/16/13 p.711)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Need help choosing a pair of closed headphones, listen to rock and... 7 seconds ago
- › Recable DT770s 9 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 36 seconds ago
- › Portable headphones recommendations needed! 1 minute ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Klipsch seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer 2 minutes ago
- › Help with green greasy substance! 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Pair of Workout IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe