hey so is anyone getting a rattle sound from one of the drivers at certain low frequencies? It's very annoying, and I really want to get rid of them for that.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Beautiful Take on Beautiful Sound - A review of the Audio Technica ATH-M50WH Last post on 7/14/14 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beginner looking for amp/DAC advice Last post on 2/13/15 at 11:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor thread - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:
yeah, I guess something like that:/ I hate it - -
Hey yeah, so I tried putting pressure against the plastic covering going right over the headphones, and that seemed to do the trick, only problem is that I can't think of a long term solution. I did open them up and there were no internal malfunctions, except for the surface of the driver behind the plastic mesh.
Hey guys !
so I just received a pair of M50WH on top of my older M50, while I haven't actually burned them in yet I still do believe they sound a bit different from my older M50s, but that may just be the padding. Oh, BTW they did change the padding found on the M50, it's plushier, thicker, and imo comfier. However, because of the thicker pads the headband will not form against your head, but instead put that pressure on a smaller portion of your head, which may possibly render bothersome. I didn't actually think the clamping force was excessive, but that may be subject to the fact that I do love my headphones hugging my head.
Now, aesthetically the M50WH is absolutely gorgeous, the white paint has just the slightest gloss and it really works out nicely. Now considering my older M50s are pretty beat up, I thought the new M50WH had much more rigid joints, in a good way. This really favors portability and its folding up feature.
Just in terms of sound, their wonderful. I don't understand why some people are starting to doubt the M50 bang for the buck. I still think it is one of the best, if not the best, for under 150, even though they used to be able to be found for more around 120. Still, they sound terrific, maintaining a fun yet accurate sound. I found the bass nice and punchy; the mids were, imo, more forward than the older M50; and the treble has a bite, but is still not fatiguing. While the sound stage isn't particularly large, it is spacious and does a good job of surrounding you with lush mids.
Hopefully, I'll be writing a more thorough review once they are done burning in :D
Oh BTW, still can't get over how versatile these are, and no rattle on these, so i wonder what is was for my other ones, wasn't noticeable, but still there if you looked for it.
No rattle hear either. If your running compressed music or audio that clip's the M50's are extremely sensitive poorly encoded audio. (Could be a possible explantion for the "rattle" or cracking sounds yall folks are hearing. I hear it to from time to time and its ALWAYS the source.
Hey guys I would really appreciate it if you would check out my review of the ATH-M50WHs, there are a lot of nice big high quality pics in there ^^ - http://www.head-fi.org/t/614824/a-beautiful-take-on-beautiful-sound-a-review-of-the-audio-technica-ath-m50wh
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Final Heaven VII Tour - Reviewers Wanted! 16 seconds ago
- › AKG N20 iem 16 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 17 seconds ago
- › Introduction and 2 Recommendations! 40 seconds ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › Review of the JVC HA-FXH30 by B9Scrambler 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 1 minute ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2