- 1,628 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Australialand
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on Yesterday at 11:45 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-440 w/HPAEC840 pads vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/12/14 at 8:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 3post #31 of 13974/10/10 at 11:37amWell well well. These things sound like FOTM around here :P Wouldn't mind checking them out, if I got a good price on them here in Aus :S
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 13974/10/10 at 11:42ampost #33 of 13974/10/10 at 3:11pmpost #34 of 13974/10/10 at 3:19pmI'm into my M50. It's probably the first fully closed headphone I've ever liked, and that includes the big guns (well, not the R10 or L3000 ) The soundstage is restricted compared to an open can, but other than that is sounds really natural. My only complaint is that the sub bass can be a bit much, which is only a problem for me with bass drum, which is more pronounced then with any other headphone I have. And the mids are just a bit back in the mix. But it doesn't really bother me when I'm listening to them- I'm not distracted by it. I just think the phones would be that much better if the mids were farther forward. But fantastic phones nonetheless. They manage to have a lot of treble detail and plenty of treble energy for them to sound natural (not dark or recessed) without a hint of harshness, which I am very sensitive to.post #35 of 13974/10/10 at 7:04pmpost #36 of 13974/10/10 at 7:45pmQuote:My only complaint is that the sub bass can be a bit much, which is only a problem for me with bass drum, which is more pronounced then with any other headphone I have.
Best drums everpost #37 of 13974/10/10 at 11:57pmI haven't tried the M50 yet since I just got back to the US but in Japan I tried every single one of the AT studio cans available at Yodobashi Camera and I liked the SX-1a alot and bought them on the spot but they aren't available in the US. Maybe online order though.
Rakuten - audio-technica / ATH-SX1apost #38 of 13974/11/10 at 12:43amQuote:Any idea how would the M50s fair for Electronica -Progressive House/Trance music ?
Iv'e been wanting to get a pair of nice cans for myself .Can't decide between the RX700/900,MS1i and now the M50 !
Mainly looking for good punchy bass , smooth musical (slightly warm/forward) midrange and a detailed treble which isn't very bright .
Sounstage is important as well .
The can would be paired with a uDAC / HiFiMan EF2A ,if that helps.
The M50s are magnificent and still one of my faves, a true classic. It's perfect for punchy bass, smooth sound, warmth and forwardness, as well as midrange and dark, detailed treble. I preferred them to every Grado I listened to up to the RS1. (blasphemy! Sorry Grado fans)post #39 of 13974/11/10 at 12:51amQuote:I went the straight cable purely for aesthetic reasons.
I'd like to compare the M50s to both DT880 & Shure 840. From what I've read the later two may Just edge out the M50 for detail and refinement, but are also much more expensive. So you'd expect some improvement I suppose.post #40 of 13974/11/10 at 7:43ampost #41 of 13974/11/10 at 10:17amI would definitely get the M50 over the Shure SRH840. But if I were to consider the SRH750 DJ instead I would think twice. I'm still undecided as to whether I like the M50 more than the SRH750 DJ. I have owned the M50 but not the SRH750 so I don't know it too well yet.
I just can't justify buying the SRH750 right now, spent way too much on some other headphones lately.post #42 of 13974/28/10 at 9:04pmpost #43 of 13974/28/10 at 9:39pmpost #44 of 13974/29/10 at 12:00amThread StarterQuote:I would definitely get the M50 over the Shure SRH840. But if I were to consider the SRH750 DJ instead I would think twice. I'm still undecided as to whether I like the M50 more than the SRH750 DJ. I have owned the M50 but not the SRH750 so I don't know it too well yet.
I just can't justify buying the SRH750 right now, spent way too much on some other headphones lately.post #45 of 13975/27/10 at 12:52am
I appreciate my M50 very much !
So here are some threads from the recent time that I think would fit here :
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Currently, there are 3151 Active Users (677 Members and 2474 Guests)
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 seconds ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 6 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions and Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob