- 1,628 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Australialand
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- yo. just adopted a pair of ath m50s Last post on 12/7/13 at 2:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- ath-m50s now what Last post on Today at 9:29 am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 Gaming Performance question. Last post on 12/5/13 at 9:52am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 3post #31 of 13864/10/10 at 11:37amWell well well. These things sound like FOTM around here :P Wouldn't mind checking them out, if I got a good price on them here in Aus :S
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 13864/10/10 at 11:42ampost #33 of 13864/10/10 at 3:11pmpost #34 of 13864/10/10 at 3:19pmI'm into my M50. It's probably the first fully closed headphone I've ever liked, and that includes the big guns (well, not the R10 or L3000 ) The soundstage is restricted compared to an open can, but other than that is sounds really natural. My only complaint is that the sub bass can be a bit much, which is only a problem for me with bass drum, which is more pronounced then with any other headphone I have. And the mids are just a bit back in the mix. But it doesn't really bother me when I'm listening to them- I'm not distracted by it. I just think the phones would be that much better if the mids were farther forward. But fantastic phones nonetheless. They manage to have a lot of treble detail and plenty of treble energy for them to sound natural (not dark or recessed) without a hint of harshness, which I am very sensitive to.post #35 of 13864/10/10 at 7:04pmpost #36 of 13864/10/10 at 7:45pmQuote:My only complaint is that the sub bass can be a bit much, which is only a problem for me with bass drum, which is more pronounced then with any other headphone I have.
Best drums everpost #37 of 13864/10/10 at 11:57pmI haven't tried the M50 yet since I just got back to the US but in Japan I tried every single one of the AT studio cans available at Yodobashi Camera and I liked the SX-1a alot and bought them on the spot but they aren't available in the US. Maybe online order though.
Rakuten - audio-technica / ATH-SX1apost #38 of 13864/11/10 at 12:43amQuote:Any idea how would the M50s fair for Electronica -Progressive House/Trance music ?
Iv'e been wanting to get a pair of nice cans for myself .Can't decide between the RX700/900,MS1i and now the M50 !
Mainly looking for good punchy bass , smooth musical (slightly warm/forward) midrange and a detailed treble which isn't very bright .
Sounstage is important as well .
The can would be paired with a uDAC / HiFiMan EF2A ,if that helps.
The M50s are magnificent and still one of my faves, a true classic. It's perfect for punchy bass, smooth sound, warmth and forwardness, as well as midrange and dark, detailed treble. I preferred them to every Grado I listened to up to the RS1. (blasphemy! Sorry Grado fans)post #39 of 13864/11/10 at 12:51amQuote:I went the straight cable purely for aesthetic reasons.
I'd like to compare the M50s to both DT880 & Shure 840. From what I've read the later two may Just edge out the M50 for detail and refinement, but are also much more expensive. So you'd expect some improvement I suppose.post #40 of 13864/11/10 at 7:43ampost #41 of 13864/11/10 at 10:17amI would definitely get the M50 over the Shure SRH840. But if I were to consider the SRH750 DJ instead I would think twice. I'm still undecided as to whether I like the M50 more than the SRH750 DJ. I have owned the M50 but not the SRH750 so I don't know it too well yet.
I just can't justify buying the SRH750 right now, spent way too much on some other headphones lately.post #42 of 13864/28/10 at 9:04pmpost #43 of 13864/28/10 at 9:39pmpost #44 of 13864/29/10 at 12:00amThread StarterQuote:I would definitely get the M50 over the Shure SRH840. But if I were to consider the SRH750 DJ instead I would think twice. I'm still undecided as to whether I like the M50 more than the SRH750 DJ. I have owned the M50 but not the SRH750 so I don't know it too well yet.
I just can't justify buying the SRH750 right now, spent way too much on some other headphones lately.post #45 of 13865/27/10 at 12:52am
I appreciate my M50 very much !
So here are some threads from the recent time that I think would fit here :
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Currently, there are 3335 Active Users (619 Members and 2716 Guests)
- › x can v8 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › **Potential Meet for Atlanta Area** 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms 3 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 5 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi