Good info in here. I just picked up the coiled manufactured refurbished for $75 through slickdeals. Figured for this price I can't complain much, can't wait to try them out!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Beautiful Take on Beautiful Sound - A review of the Audio Technica ATH-M50WH Last post on 7/14/14 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 94
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My friend got the same deal. He is pretty happy with them. Enjoy.
Oh man, I scored another busted M50, repiared it, then added HM5 pads. Dang, I should have done this sooner, I was always pretty unsatisfied with M50's bass and treble, then the HM5 earpads fixes them.. The 10kHz peak is not at all as bad anymore and the bass is clearer and better controlled if a little reduced. Dynamat on the outside of the primary chamber tightens and cleans up the bass a bit more. But really, the difference that the HM5 pads bring really blows me away, now I love the headphone. The soundstage is also deeper and bigger with the HM5 pads.
The midrange remains as excellent as before, if a pinch warmer.
Edit: I overlooked in my excitement there that the HM5 pads kill the bass if the pads don't seal perfectly, which takes a couple of minutes of sitting on my head. Derp.
Edit2: The newer memory foam HM5 pads are even better than the regular HM5 pads, w00t! They're a bit thicker, too.
Edited by Mad Max - 9/8/14 at 6:28pm
I love my M50x's.
They are very comfortable, 4hrs every day and I forget they're on my head. Sound is warm, bass is very tight (just how I like it) Mids are subtle Highs are clear and bright.
Sound comes from an Asus Xonar Essence PCI
I had a set of Sennheiser PC350 SE's before the M50's, thew had a better sound stage and were definitely cleaner all around.
I Highly Recommend The ATH-M50's.
I'm not an audiophile, but I know what sounds good in my ear. :)
I really dig these cans. I agree with the original post on the sound. Slightly recessed mids with good bass and treble.. but I must mention that I had another m50 back around 2010 which was too bright and boomy for me. These new ones are definitely a step up. I am using a basic system around them comprised of a schiit modi DAC, a JDSLabs O2 amp used at low gain, Schiit USB cable and audioquest tower 3.5mm to RCA interconnects. Great simple system for the laptop. I have some Sennheiser hd518s that are great on the same system but somehow the m50 gives me a better all around experience.
I've been spending time with HD280 pads, new ones this time and with the grey tuning foam in the back removed. The grey foam cripples the sound for M50.
Oh yeah! These pads rule! Bass quality is better than ever, mids are still balanced and clear, if I bit more fleshed out now, and treble is balanced yet still clear and bright, never fatiguing. The ~10kHz peak is much smaller now without the stock pads. The midrange/treble balanced is close to flat, then the bass is copious with good body and weight, real nice rumble and clarity, detail, and control are maximized. I thought they were much awesome with the HM5 pads, but these are even better.
On the downside, HD280 pads are not as comfortable as the HM5 pads, much stiffer instead, but after a few minutes of use in each listening session, they conform to your head. Once they start conforming more permanently then comfort will improve, and isolation is very good with the 280 pads, a bit better than with HM5 pads.
Getting the Senn pads on the first time is mildly difficult, but they are tough and stretchable enough for a proper fit.
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio-GD Master 9 20 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a solid headset for gaming and music 1 minute ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 4 minutes ago
- › Awesome or Gimmick ? Sonys MDR-1ADAC 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 7 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)