Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 91

post #1351 of 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxamed View Post

How is the isolation? 

 

Improved. 

post #1352 of 1400

There's slightly more isolation because they fit around the ears better.

post #1353 of 1400

Subscribe.

post #1354 of 1400
Hey guys, I'm new here. I just bought a pair of M50s from a friend who hardly even used them. I'm super excited to get them! They should be here Wednesday :thumbup:

Sent from my Moto X
post #1355 of 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowne View Post

Hey guys, I'm new here. I just bought a pair of M50s from a friend who hardly even used them. I'm super excited to get them! They should be here Wednesday :thumbup:

Sent from my Moto X

 

Welcome!

 

Let us know your thoughts. 

 

What will you be using as your music source? Phone? CD player? PC?

post #1356 of 1400

Hi Guys,

 

I've been using an ATH M50-c for quite a few years now and like the sound from it, though am on the path to try new ones.

 

I've been satisfied by the M50's so far for any music i have been playing through it so far. My sources are Cowon J3 ( Flac/Wav/Mp3 mix ), PA2V2 Amp.

 

I am now slowly figuring out a desktop amp ( tube based ), with open /semi open cans like Beyers /Senn(s) preferrably from range or two upper from the M50's since that will be serving me for a while from now on, though this has  nothing to do with me being dissatisfied with the M50's ; just the usual upgraditis :biggrin:

 

oh yea, i do not like the Coiled cable, might try this mod soon http://www.head-fi.org/t/553483/ath-m50-removable-cable-mod/15 

 

Regards,

Prashant

post #1357 of 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowne View Post

Hey guys, I'm new here. I just bought a pair of M50s from a friend who hardly even used them. I'm super excited to get them! They should be here Wednesday :thumbup:

Sent from my Moto X

 

Welcome!

 

Let us know your thoughts. 

 

What will you be using as your music source? Phone? CD player? PC?


I'll most likely use my laptop, phone, or iPod

Sent from my Moto X
post #1358 of 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppdv View Post
 

Hi Guys,

 

I've been using an ATH M50-c for quite a few years now and like the sound from it, though am on the path to try new ones.

 

I've been satisfied by the M50's so far for any music i have been playing through it so far. My sources are Cowon J3 ( Flac/Wav/Mp3 mix ), PA2V2 Amp.

 

I am now slowly figuring out a desktop amp ( tube based ), with open /semi open cans like Beyers /Senn(s) preferrably from range or two upper from the M50's since that will be serving me for a while from now on, though this has  nothing to do with me being dissatisfied with the M50's ; just the usual upgraditis :biggrin:

 

oh yea, i do not like the Coiled cable, might try this mod soon http://www.head-fi.org/t/553483/ath-m50-removable-cable-mod/15 

 

Regards,

Prashant

 

Perhaps a good start is the Aune T1?

post #1359 of 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

Perhaps a good start is the Aune T1?

Hi White Lotus,

 

Yes, looks good with the specs but would want to give it a try and not sure where to do that. Also in consideration are the Hifiman EF2A and Little Dot II or III amps.

 

Regards,

Prashant D

post #1360 of 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppdv View Post
 

Hi White Lotus,

 

Yes, looks good with the specs but would want to give it a try and not sure where to do that. Also in consideration are the Hifiman EF2A and Little Dot II or III amps.

 

Regards,

Prashant D

 

I can recommend the Hifiman, as I have the EF1, which is apparently similar, but without the DAC.

 

I'm told that the DAC in the Aune is superior, maybe look into that though, as I might be incorrect. 

post #1361 of 1400

^^

 

Hi White Lotus,

Will keep that in mind and see if i can listen to one.

 

Regards,

Prashant

post #1362 of 1400
Got my M50s today! They are pretty nice biggrin.gif

Quick question... What application do you guys use on your computer to play music?

Sent from my Moto X
post #1363 of 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowne View Post

Got my M50s today! They are pretty nice biggrin.gif

Quick question... What application do you guys use on your computer to play music?

Sent from my Moto X

 

For me - Foobar 2000.

post #1364 of 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctowne View Post

Got my M50s today! They are pretty nice biggrin.gif

Quick question... What application do you guys use on your computer to play music?

Sent from my Moto X

 

For me - Foobar 2000.


Hmmm ok maybe I'll give that a try

Sent from my Moto X
post #1365 of 1400

Hi ctowne,

 

If you have a higher configuration PC, you could try cPlay , link here, which loads the songs on to the RAM and hence is considered to be much better in terms of audio performance.

I used to use it on my computer which had 8GB RAM and it worked perfectly fine with both headphones and my analogue out audio card from M-audio.

 

Regards,

Prashant

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread