thinking of buying the m50. does it have very good bass and sound stage?does it need amp or extra sound card rather than the built-in of my motherboard? can anyone give me link of a good deal around 120$?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH M50X vs Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro vs Shure SRH840 vs Beyerdynamic DT-770 Last post on 2/25/14 at 12:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need a 250$ headphones instad of my ATH M50 Last post on 2/22/14 at 8:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 84
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1247 of 138711/17/12 at 4:19pmM50s doesn't need an amp. Something simple like the Nuforce uDAC or Headroom Bithead or something similar should suffice since the HP out on computers blow, for the most part. Before I got different pads, I found the bass kinda lacking. Sound stage, I've never been overly worried about.post #1248 of 138711/20/12 at 4:20pmQuote:
The bass and soundstage is quite good for the price rangepost #1249 of 138711/20/12 at 6:44pmQuote:
I just got mine today. IMO it lacks bass a bit.post #1250 of 138711/21/12 at 1:50am
Lacks bass? Good heavens...
What are you trying to reproduce? The impression of sitting inside a kettledrum?post #1251 of 138711/21/12 at 5:37ampost #1252 of 138711/21/12 at 8:39ampost #1253 of 138711/21/12 at 8:59am
i'd also like to know if anyone is using an aftermarket headband. the stock headband puts a lot of pressure on the middle of my head. looking for something with more cushioning.
edit: called sennheiser usa to order the HD650 headband pad. but its not something they stock and would take about 30days. instead i went with the HD600 pad. hopefully this alleviates the pressure.
Edited by alrgeez - 11/21/12 at 1:59pmpost #1254 of 138711/21/12 at 11:50pmpost #1255 of 138711/22/12 at 4:01ampost #1256 of 138711/25/12 at 1:32pmpost #1257 of 138712/5/12 at 7:28pmpost #1258 of 138712/5/12 at 10:22pm
Just thought I'd mention that I went back to the Audio Technica ATH-M50 a third time now - this time it is to hold me over until the release of the AKG K267 Reference DJ Headphones, and so I can compare these to them.
I will say this now though, while other headphones may have better sound or better build, they never have both, and they are NEVER as versatile as these beauties.
Mine are a modified detachable cable version of the white color variant. Loving them.post #1259 of 138712/6/12 at 9:19am
Guys, if anyone could let me know. Is it normal for the stock pleather pads to... rotate if you just hold them, not too tightly, and rotate your hand? Because mine are super loose, if I grab one side of the headphones they'll start rotating, which doesn't look like it should be happening on oval-shaped drivers. If I tighten up the grip a bit more they'll even rotate 90º, to where they're completely out of sync with the driver in terms of shape.
Is this normal or?
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD 2 Rev 2 Caribbean Rosewood 1 Mth old ~ LIKE NEW 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South... 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Tour Cable Sign Ups for Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions / Appreciation Thread (It's... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Help with choosing headphones, hd 598 or focal spirit one. 5 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude