thinking of buying the m50. does it have very good bass and sound stage?does it need amp or extra sound card rather than the built-in of my motherboard? can anyone give me link of a good deal around 120$?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share if it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 84
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The bass and soundstage is quite good for the price range
I just got mine today. IMO it lacks bass a bit.
Lacks bass? Good heavens...
What are you trying to reproduce? The impression of sitting inside a kettledrum?
i'd also like to know if anyone is using an aftermarket headband. the stock headband puts a lot of pressure on the middle of my head. looking for something with more cushioning.
edit: called sennheiser usa to order the HD650 headband pad. but its not something they stock and would take about 30days. instead i went with the HD600 pad. hopefully this alleviates the pressure.
Edited by alrgeez - 11/21/12 at 1:59pm
Just thought I'd mention that I went back to the Audio Technica ATH-M50 a third time now - this time it is to hold me over until the release of the AKG K267 Reference DJ Headphones, and so I can compare these to them.
I will say this now though, while other headphones may have better sound or better build, they never have both, and they are NEVER as versatile as these beauties.
Mine are a modified detachable cable version of the white color variant. Loving them.
Guys, if anyone could let me know. Is it normal for the stock pleather pads to... rotate if you just hold them, not too tightly, and rotate your hand? Because mine are super loose, if I grab one side of the headphones they'll start rotating, which doesn't look like it should be happening on oval-shaped drivers. If I tighten up the grip a bit more they'll even rotate 90º, to where they're completely out of sync with the driver in terms of shape.
Is this normal or?
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 17 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 21 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 1 minute ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Headphones with most real voice reproduction 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)