thinking of buying the m50. does it have very good bass and sound stage?does it need amp or extra sound card rather than the built-in of my motherboard? can anyone give me link of a good deal around 120$?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 84
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The bass and soundstage is quite good for the price range
I just got mine today. IMO it lacks bass a bit.
Lacks bass? Good heavens...
What are you trying to reproduce? The impression of sitting inside a kettledrum?
i'd also like to know if anyone is using an aftermarket headband. the stock headband puts a lot of pressure on the middle of my head. looking for something with more cushioning.
edit: called sennheiser usa to order the HD650 headband pad. but its not something they stock and would take about 30days. instead i went with the HD600 pad. hopefully this alleviates the pressure.
Edited by alrgeez - 11/21/12 at 1:59pm
Just thought I'd mention that I went back to the Audio Technica ATH-M50 a third time now - this time it is to hold me over until the release of the AKG K267 Reference DJ Headphones, and so I can compare these to them.
I will say this now though, while other headphones may have better sound or better build, they never have both, and they are NEVER as versatile as these beauties.
Mine are a modified detachable cable version of the white color variant. Loving them.
Guys, if anyone could let me know. Is it normal for the stock pleather pads to... rotate if you just hold them, not too tightly, and rotate your hand? Because mine are super loose, if I grab one side of the headphones they'll start rotating, which doesn't look like it should be happening on oval-shaped drivers. If I tighten up the grip a bit more they'll even rotate 90º, to where they're completely out of sync with the driver in terms of shape.
Is this normal or?
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Fiio E09K Gain On = Bad? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD650s 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 5 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › Price drop: Cavalli Audio Liquid Lightning Solid State... 8 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)