thinking of buying the m50. does it have very good bass and sound stage?does it need amp or extra sound card rather than the built-in of my motherboard? can anyone give me link of a good deal around 120$?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Beautiful Take on Beautiful Sound - A review of the Audio Technica ATH-M50WH Last post on 7/14/14 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 84
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The bass and soundstage is quite good for the price range
I just got mine today. IMO it lacks bass a bit.
Lacks bass? Good heavens...
What are you trying to reproduce? The impression of sitting inside a kettledrum?
i'd also like to know if anyone is using an aftermarket headband. the stock headband puts a lot of pressure on the middle of my head. looking for something with more cushioning.
edit: called sennheiser usa to order the HD650 headband pad. but its not something they stock and would take about 30days. instead i went with the HD600 pad. hopefully this alleviates the pressure.
Edited by alrgeez - 11/21/12 at 1:59pm
Just thought I'd mention that I went back to the Audio Technica ATH-M50 a third time now - this time it is to hold me over until the release of the AKG K267 Reference DJ Headphones, and so I can compare these to them.
I will say this now though, while other headphones may have better sound or better build, they never have both, and they are NEVER as versatile as these beauties.
Mine are a modified detachable cable version of the white color variant. Loving them.
Guys, if anyone could let me know. Is it normal for the stock pleather pads to... rotate if you just hold them, not too tightly, and rotate your hand? Because mine are super loose, if I grab one side of the headphones they'll start rotating, which doesn't look like it should be happening on oval-shaped drivers. If I tighten up the grip a bit more they'll even rotate 90º, to where they're completely out of sync with the driver in terms of shape.
Is this normal or?
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Looking to retire my noble ATH M50s (Budget: ~$200) 3 seconds ago
- › Sound card or headphone amp? 6 seconds ago
- › BNIB Sennheiser HD800 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 minutes ago
- › Planning to get the Asus Xonar Essence STX II 7.1 with Senn HD600... 3 minutes ago
- › Which SR-009 amp sounds the most realistic to you? 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Indonesia gold mine for social networking
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3