is there any difference between m50 and m50s? i know they changed its wire, but how is the sound?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Beautiful Take on Beautiful Sound - A review of the Audio Technica ATH-M50WH Last post on 7/14/14 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beginner looking for amp/DAC advice Last post on 2/13/15 at 11:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 82
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I bought a ATH M50 coiled version a while ago used, so I don't have the original box that came with it. Is there a way to determine if my ATH m50 is the old or the newer version? I found the bass in my Image S4i to be a little stronger (not necessarily better) compared to my ATH M50. So is it safe to assume I got the newer version?
I'm not sure whether to get straight or coiled.
I'm going to use these for both home and portable use (with my Galaxy S3 smartphone).
How's the weight of the coiled cord? Does it pull to that one side of the headphone?
Anyone have any problems with the limited edition m-50s? I realized that the earcup on the right is louder that the one on the left. Also all the vocals seem to be coming from the right side it isn't simultaneous like my other cheap headphones.
Edited by Spiderman - 10/20/12 at 5:19am
Yeah I have seen them on sale online, I don't know if you can buy them from their website. They aren't real leather btw, they are more of a synthetic material.
Get the Beyer DT250 velour pads. They're better and are a perfect fit. And yes, they are user replaceable. Took me about 10 minutes from start to finish to swap mine over.
Really enjoying the M50 today after spending the past few months with the Sennheiser HD 600 and HD 800. I love how instantly enjoyable they are!
Edited by Windsor - 10/21/12 at 4:05am
Replacements are easily found for about $10 each. I picked up some from Sweetwater but there are lots of sources.
That says a lot about how great these headphones are :)
OK...I was just wondering...strange, I have two pair both are fine...you must've rubbed it against something?
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 20 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 43 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 50 seconds ago
- › AKG K702 (The Classic) vs. K612 Pro (The Upstart) – Review and... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2