is there any difference between m50 and m50s? i know they changed its wire, but how is the sound?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/23/14 at 2:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Beautiful Take on Beautiful Sound - A review of the Audio Technica ATH-M50WH Last post on 7/14/14 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 82
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I bought a ATH M50 coiled version a while ago used, so I don't have the original box that came with it. Is there a way to determine if my ATH m50 is the old or the newer version? I found the bass in my Image S4i to be a little stronger (not necessarily better) compared to my ATH M50. So is it safe to assume I got the newer version?
I'm not sure whether to get straight or coiled.
I'm going to use these for both home and portable use (with my Galaxy S3 smartphone).
How's the weight of the coiled cord? Does it pull to that one side of the headphone?
Anyone have any problems with the limited edition m-50s? I realized that the earcup on the right is louder that the one on the left. Also all the vocals seem to be coming from the right side it isn't simultaneous like my other cheap headphones.
Edited by Spiderman - 10/20/12 at 5:19am
Yeah I have seen them on sale online, I don't know if you can buy them from their website. They aren't real leather btw, they are more of a synthetic material.
Get the Beyer DT250 velour pads. They're better and are a perfect fit. And yes, they are user replaceable. Took me about 10 minutes from start to finish to swap mine over.
Really enjoying the M50 today after spending the past few months with the Sennheiser HD 600 and HD 800. I love how instantly enjoyable they are!
Edited by Windsor - 10/21/12 at 4:05am
Replacements are easily found for about $10 each. I picked up some from Sweetwater but there are lots of sources.
That says a lot about how great these headphones are :)
OK...I was just wondering...strange, I have two pair both are fine...you must've rubbed it against something?
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JVC HA-FX850 - In Mint Condition! 14 seconds ago
- › Open vs closed headphones for particular genres? 18 seconds ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 1 minute ago
- › Open headphones.. 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E10 or Sennheiser CX 300-ii? 6 minutes ago
- › Please help choosing between 3 amps+dac for my DT 990 pro 250 ohm 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)