is there any difference between m50 and m50s? i know they changed its wire, but how is the sound?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- ANY HEADFIER HERE WHO CAN MOD HEADPHONES THAT LIVES IN VANCOUVER, BC? Last post on 12/19/13 at 2:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- yo. just adopted a pair of ath m50s Last post on 12/7/13 at 2:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- ath-m50s now what Last post on 12/11/13 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 82post #1216 of 13869/30/12 at 8:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1217 of 13869/30/12 at 10:07pmpost #1218 of 138610/17/12 at 7:06am
I bought a ATH M50 coiled version a while ago used, so I don't have the original box that came with it. Is there a way to determine if my ATH m50 is the old or the newer version? I found the bass in my Image S4i to be a little stronger (not necessarily better) compared to my ATH M50. So is it safe to assume I got the newer version?post #1219 of 138610/17/12 at 10:27am
I'm not sure whether to get straight or coiled.
I'm going to use these for both home and portable use (with my Galaxy S3 smartphone).
How's the weight of the coiled cord? Does it pull to that one side of the headphone?post #1220 of 138610/17/12 at 11:01ampost #1221 of 138610/20/12 at 5:01ampost #1222 of 138610/20/12 at 5:16am
Anyone have any problems with the limited edition m-50s? I realized that the earcup on the right is louder that the one on the left. Also all the vocals seem to be coming from the right side it isn't simultaneous like my other cheap headphones.
Edited by Spiderman - 10/20/12 at 5:19ampost #1223 of 138610/20/12 at 5:17amQuote:
Yeah I have seen them on sale online, I don't know if you can buy them from their website. They aren't real leather btw, they are more of a synthetic material.post #1224 of 138610/20/12 at 5:18ampost #1225 of 138610/20/12 at 4:22pmQuote:
Get the Beyer DT250 velour pads. They're better and are a perfect fit. And yes, they are user replaceable. Took me about 10 minutes from start to finish to swap mine over.post #1226 of 138610/21/12 at 4:02am
Really enjoying the M50 today after spending the past few months with the Sennheiser HD 600 and HD 800. I love how instantly enjoyable they are!
Edited by Windsor - 10/21/12 at 4:05ampost #1227 of 138610/21/12 at 5:49pmQuote:
Replacements are easily found for about $10 each. I picked up some from Sweetwater but there are lots of sources.post #1228 of 138610/21/12 at 7:43pmQuote:
That says a lot about how great these headphones are :)post #1229 of 138610/23/12 at 2:20ampost #1230 of 138610/24/12 at 1:12amQuote:
OK...I was just wondering...strange, I have two pair both are fine...you must've rubbed it against something?
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Unique melody upcoming flagship 16 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 18 seconds ago
- › Help Recommend a Set of Closed Circumaural Headphones! 43 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 for Mac users 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica's New Multidriver IEMs: The ATH-IM Series 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Remold Appreciation and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 or Grado Rs1i for rock/metal? 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital