Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 82

post #1216 of 1401

is there any difference between m50 and m50s? i know they changed its wire, but how is the sound?

post #1217 of 1401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexkahn View Post

is there any difference between m50 and m50s? i know they changed its wire, but how is the sound?


same

post #1218 of 1401

I bought a ATH M50 coiled version a while ago used, so I don't have the original box that came with it. Is there a way to determine if my ATH m50 is the old or the newer version? I found the bass in my Image S4i to be a little stronger (not necessarily better) compared to my ATH M50. So is it safe to assume I got the newer version?

post #1219 of 1401

I'm not sure whether to get straight or coiled.

 

I'm going to use these for both home and portable use (with my Galaxy S3 smartphone). 

 

How's the weight of the coiled cord? Does it pull to that one side of the headphone?

post #1220 of 1401

The leather (or whatever the material is) on the pads are starting to wear out on mine. Does anybody know if Audio Technical sells replacement pads and if they are even user replaceable? 

post #1221 of 1401

Any solutions on the fading graphics on the sides of the cans?  they're looking terrible as of now.. frown.gif

post #1222 of 1401

Anyone have any problems with the limited edition m-50s? I realized that the earcup on the right is louder that the one on the left. Also all the vocals seem to be coming from the right side it isn't simultaneous like my other cheap headphones.


Edited by Spiderman - 10/20/12 at 5:19am
post #1223 of 1401
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty11 View Post

The leather (or whatever the material is) on the pads are starting to wear out on mine. Does anybody know if Audio Technical sells replacement pads and if they are even user replaceable? 

Yeah I have seen them on sale online, I don't know if you can buy them from their website. They aren't real leather btw, they are more of a synthetic material.

post #1224 of 1401
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierrotLeFou View Post

Any solutions on the fading graphics on the sides of the cans?  they're looking terrible as of now.. frown.gif

Graphics?? What Graphics? confused_face_2.gif

post #1225 of 1401
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty11 View Post

The leather (or whatever the material is) on the pads are starting to wear out on mine. Does anybody know if Audio Technical sells replacement pads and if they are even user replaceable? 

 

Get the Beyer DT250 velour pads. They're better and are a perfect fit. And yes, they are user replaceable. Took me about 10 minutes from start to finish to swap mine over.

post #1226 of 1401

Really enjoying the M50 today after spending the past few months with the Sennheiser HD 600 and HD 800. I love how instantly enjoyable they are! smily_headphones1.gif


Edited by Windsor - 10/21/12 at 4:05am
post #1227 of 1401
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty11 View Post

The leather (or whatever the material is) on the pads are starting to wear out on mine. Does anybody know if Audio Technical sells replacement pads and if they are even user replaceable?

Replacements are easily found for about $10 each. I picked up some from Sweetwater but there are lots of sources.

post #1228 of 1401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor View Post

Really enjoying the M50 today after spending the past few months with the Sennheiser HD 600 and HD 800. I love how instantly enjoyable they are! smily_headphones1.gif

That says a lot about how great these headphones are :)

post #1229 of 1401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Flycatcher View Post

Graphics?? What Graphics? confused_face_2.gif

The words ATH M50 and Studio Monitor.. For some weird reason they're badly faded.. 

post #1230 of 1401
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierrotLeFou View Post

The words ATH M50 and Studio Monitor.. For some weird reason they're badly faded.. 

OK...I was just wondering...strange, I have two pair both are fine...you must've rubbed it against something?redface.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread