I received my pair yesterday and I'm hearing the same thing nearly all of you have mentioned about the bass. Too thick in the beginning but slowly opening up over time. I do, however, enjoy them and feel that they were worth the purchase. I purchased them as a pair of closed headphones for home recording. I'll most likely end up switching between the M50 & my HD600 depending on what genre and if I'm doing critical listening or not.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I noticed recently that if turned up my source volume a bit more they seemed to have a fair bit more bass that I was getting before. Woot woot. Now I just need an SPL meter...
So I bought a FiiO E7 to hopefully get a little more power out of the M50s from my Zune. I bought them at the same time so I couldn't try it out first. I found out the sound is pretty good. My HD555's aren't all that great with just the Zune and I thought that they might need to be amped. I bought the E7, it's here, I do not want to open it unless I get some serious thoughts on why I should. I already opened it (couldn't help it) but do I have any reason to keep it? I would use it as a DAC occasionally because Thinkpad soundcards are crap.
So what should I do, keep the amp or sell it because it won't work the way I would want it to?
Edited by ctlaurin - 7/2/10 at 11:40pm
The 840 pads do subtly change the sound...IMHO.
And in some ways...not for the better.
But, you might like the changes better than I did.
Edited by daltonlanny - 7/3/10 at 8:29am
I didn't notice any major change to the sound, it did seem to increase the soundstage a little. They are much more comfortable to me, they are fairly cheap too so if you don't like it you're not out too much.
They all look the same and the 240 are super cheap. I have heard the 440 and 840 pads are different, so it might just be the stuffing. So cheap you could buy a pair of each.
Edited by Slaughter - 7/3/10 at 9:19am
^^ Heh, heh... Thank you Sir!
EDIT: Having just looked, they are all (the Shures) the exact same photo. All three. So whether or not they are the same or different is anyone's guess.
Edited by shane55 - 7/3/10 at 9:26am
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 46 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr + Bifrost combo doesn't improve my music at all 49 seconds ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 56 seconds ago
- › What DAC/amp for Beyerdynamic T90? 1 minute ago
- › Wanted: MHDT DAC 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 12 announced in Japan 1 minute ago
- › Harmon Kardon Harkar BT or...HD 598 or ATH50? 2 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)