I received my pair yesterday and I'm hearing the same thing nearly all of you have mentioned about the bass. Too thick in the beginning but slowly opening up over time. I do, however, enjoy them and feel that they were worth the purchase. I purchased them as a pair of closed headphones for home recording. I'll most likely end up switching between the M50 & my HD600 depending on what genre and if I'm doing critical listening or not.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I noticed recently that if turned up my source volume a bit more they seemed to have a fair bit more bass that I was getting before. Woot woot. Now I just need an SPL meter...
So I bought a FiiO E7 to hopefully get a little more power out of the M50s from my Zune. I bought them at the same time so I couldn't try it out first. I found out the sound is pretty good. My HD555's aren't all that great with just the Zune and I thought that they might need to be amped. I bought the E7, it's here, I do not want to open it unless I get some serious thoughts on why I should. I already opened it (couldn't help it) but do I have any reason to keep it? I would use it as a DAC occasionally because Thinkpad soundcards are crap.
So what should I do, keep the amp or sell it because it won't work the way I would want it to?
Edited by ctlaurin - 7/2/10 at 11:40pm
The 840 pads do subtly change the sound...IMHO.
And in some ways...not for the better.
But, you might like the changes better than I did.
Edited by daltonlanny - 7/3/10 at 8:29am
I didn't notice any major change to the sound, it did seem to increase the soundstage a little. They are much more comfortable to me, they are fairly cheap too so if you don't like it you're not out too much.
They all look the same and the 240 are super cheap. I have heard the 440 and 840 pads are different, so it might just be the stuffing. So cheap you could buy a pair of each.
Edited by Slaughter - 7/3/10 at 9:19am
^^ Heh, heh... Thank you Sir!
EDIT: Having just looked, they are all (the Shures) the exact same photo. All three. So whether or not they are the same or different is anyone's guess.
Edited by shane55 - 7/3/10 at 9:26am
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 12 seconds ago
- › Just received my Denon DA300USB desktop DAC/amp 42 seconds ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 43 seconds ago
- › New to headphones: Help needed 56 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 2 minutes ago
- › X3 Problem with 24bit 96KHz .flac files in New 3.0 Firmware (not... 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)