I received my pair yesterday and I'm hearing the same thing nearly all of you have mentioned about the bass. Too thick in the beginning but slowly opening up over time. I do, however, enjoy them and feel that they were worth the purchase. I purchased them as a pair of closed headphones for home recording. I'll most likely end up switching between the M50 & my HD600 depending on what genre and if I'm doing critical listening or not.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Beautiful Take on Beautiful Sound - A review of the Audio Technica ATH-M50WH Last post on 7/14/14 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beginner looking for amp/DAC advice Last post on 2/13/15 at 11:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So I bought a FiiO E7 to hopefully get a little more power out of the M50s from my Zune. I bought them at the same time so I couldn't try it out first. I found out the sound is pretty good. My HD555's aren't all that great with just the Zune and I thought that they might need to be amped. I bought the E7, it's here, I do not want to open it unless I get some serious thoughts on why I should. I already opened it (couldn't help it) but do I have any reason to keep it? I would use it as a DAC occasionally because Thinkpad soundcards are crap.
So what should I do, keep the amp or sell it because it won't work the way I would want it to?
Edited by ctlaurin - 7/2/10 at 11:40pm
The 840 pads do subtly change the sound...IMHO.
And in some ways...not for the better.
But, you might like the changes better than I did.
Edited by daltonlanny - 7/3/10 at 8:29am
I didn't notice any major change to the sound, it did seem to increase the soundstage a little. They are much more comfortable to me, they are fairly cheap too so if you don't like it you're not out too much.
They all look the same and the 240 are super cheap. I have heard the 440 and 840 pads are different, so it might just be the stuffing. So cheap you could buy a pair of each.
Edited by Slaughter - 7/3/10 at 9:19am
^^ Heh, heh... Thank you Sir!
EDIT: Having just looked, they are all (the Shures) the exact same photo. All three. So whether or not they are the same or different is anyone's guess.
Edited by shane55 - 7/3/10 at 9:26am
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 29 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 33 seconds ago
- › Marantz HD-DAC1 39 seconds ago
- › Looking for a relatively bendable cable. 1 minute ago
- › Today's equivalent of Shure SE115 2 minutes ago
- › Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 3 minutes ago
- › Best closed headphones for Burson 160DS 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 and HDVA 600 Review 4 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3