I received my pair yesterday and I'm hearing the same thing nearly all of you have mentioned about the bass. Too thick in the beginning but slowly opening up over time. I do, however, enjoy them and feel that they were worth the purchase. I purchased them as a pair of closed headphones for home recording. I'll most likely end up switching between the M50 & my HD600 depending on what genre and if I'm doing critical listening or not.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/19/14 at 11:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-440 w/HPAEC840 pads vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on Yesterday at 11:24 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 9post #121 of 13977/2/10 at 11:53am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 13977/2/10 at 8:05pm
I noticed recently that if turned up my source volume a bit more they seemed to have a fair bit more bass that I was getting before. Woot woot. Now I just need an SPL meter...post #123 of 13977/2/10 at 8:21pmpost #124 of 13977/2/10 at 8:40pmpost #125 of 13977/2/10 at 10:29pm
So I bought a FiiO E7 to hopefully get a little more power out of the M50s from my Zune. I bought them at the same time so I couldn't try it out first. I found out the sound is pretty good. My HD555's aren't all that great with just the Zune and I thought that they might need to be amped. I bought the E7, it's here, I do not want to open it unless I get some serious thoughts on why I should. I already opened it (couldn't help it) but do I have any reason to keep it? I would use it as a DAC occasionally because Thinkpad soundcards are crap.
So what should I do, keep the amp or sell it because it won't work the way I would want it to?
Edited by ctlaurin - 7/2/10 at 11:40pmpost #126 of 13977/3/10 at 12:20ampost #127 of 13977/3/10 at 3:23ampost #128 of 13977/3/10 at 6:43am
The 840 pads do subtly change the sound...IMHO.
And in some ways...not for the better.
But, you might like the changes better than I did.
Edited by daltonlanny - 7/3/10 at 8:29ampost #129 of 13977/3/10 at 7:59am
I didn't notice any major change to the sound, it did seem to increase the soundstage a little. They are much more comfortable to me, they are fairly cheap too so if you don't like it you're not out too much.post #130 of 13977/3/10 at 8:27ampost #131 of 13977/3/10 at 9:10ampost #132 of 13977/3/10 at 9:17am
They all look the same and the 240 are super cheap. I have heard the 440 and 840 pads are different, so it might just be the stuffing. So cheap you could buy a pair of each.
Edited by Slaughter - 7/3/10 at 9:19ampost #133 of 13977/3/10 at 9:23am
^^ Heh, heh... Thank you Sir!
EDIT: Having just looked, they are all (the Shures) the exact same photo. All three. So whether or not they are the same or different is anyone's guess.
Edited by shane55 - 7/3/10 at 9:26ampost #134 of 13977/4/10 at 10:48am
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › "Good" PC speakers for 100-150$ budget 24 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 41 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 1 minute ago
- › Can any electrical /physics folks explain this? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods 2 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 2 minutes ago
- › sidewards step? 3 minutes ago
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even... 6 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude