hey so is anyone getting a rattle sound from one of the drivers at certain low frequencies? It's very annoying, and I really want to get rid of them for that.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Beautiful Take on Beautiful Sound - A review of the Audio Technica ATH-M50WH Last post on 7/14/14 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
These have been part of my set-up for about 2 months. The set-up has consisted mainly of: Phonitor 2 fed by a Mdac or Dacmagic (Main Rig) Portable use saw it used with a NuForce Udac Gaming...
Experience with Customer Service In case you want to see a video review, search youtube for "Jaybird Real time Review" and my video should be first on the list. I'm going to start by saying...
Just bought it over two months ago. It really added another dimension to the sound of music played in my macbook (since I used to listen to my itunes using the headphone jack) I notice details in...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:
yeah, I guess something like that:/ I hate it - -
Hey yeah, so I tried putting pressure against the plastic covering going right over the headphones, and that seemed to do the trick, only problem is that I can't think of a long term solution. I did open them up and there were no internal malfunctions, except for the surface of the driver behind the plastic mesh.
Hey guys !
so I just received a pair of M50WH on top of my older M50, while I haven't actually burned them in yet I still do believe they sound a bit different from my older M50s, but that may just be the padding. Oh, BTW they did change the padding found on the M50, it's plushier, thicker, and imo comfier. However, because of the thicker pads the headband will not form against your head, but instead put that pressure on a smaller portion of your head, which may possibly render bothersome. I didn't actually think the clamping force was excessive, but that may be subject to the fact that I do love my headphones hugging my head.
Now, aesthetically the M50WH is absolutely gorgeous, the white paint has just the slightest gloss and it really works out nicely. Now considering my older M50s are pretty beat up, I thought the new M50WH had much more rigid joints, in a good way. This really favors portability and its folding up feature.
Just in terms of sound, their wonderful. I don't understand why some people are starting to doubt the M50 bang for the buck. I still think it is one of the best, if not the best, for under 150, even though they used to be able to be found for more around 120. Still, they sound terrific, maintaining a fun yet accurate sound. I found the bass nice and punchy; the mids were, imo, more forward than the older M50; and the treble has a bite, but is still not fatiguing. While the sound stage isn't particularly large, it is spacious and does a good job of surrounding you with lush mids.
Hopefully, I'll be writing a more thorough review once they are done burning in :D
Oh BTW, still can't get over how versatile these are, and no rattle on these, so i wonder what is was for my other ones, wasn't noticeable, but still there if you looked for it.
No rattle hear either. If your running compressed music or audio that clip's the M50's are extremely sensitive poorly encoded audio. (Could be a possible explantion for the "rattle" or cracking sounds yall folks are hearing. I hear it to from time to time and its ALWAYS the source.
Hey guys I would really appreciate it if you would check out my review of the ATH-M50WHs, there are a lot of nice big high quality pics in there ^^ - http://www.head-fi.org/t/614824/a-beautiful-take-on-beautiful-sound-a-review-of-the-audio-technica-ath-m50wh
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Signature Audio O16 Live Review 20 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 12 announced in Japan 43 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 2 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Lost my z-5500, need new sound, budget: $400 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey... 8 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 9 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 15 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3