hey so is anyone getting a rattle sound from one of the drivers at certain low frequencies? It's very annoying, and I really want to get rid of them for that.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/23/14 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:
yeah, I guess something like that:/ I hate it - -
Hey yeah, so I tried putting pressure against the plastic covering going right over the headphones, and that seemed to do the trick, only problem is that I can't think of a long term solution. I did open them up and there were no internal malfunctions, except for the surface of the driver behind the plastic mesh.
Hey guys !
so I just received a pair of M50WH on top of my older M50, while I haven't actually burned them in yet I still do believe they sound a bit different from my older M50s, but that may just be the padding. Oh, BTW they did change the padding found on the M50, it's plushier, thicker, and imo comfier. However, because of the thicker pads the headband will not form against your head, but instead put that pressure on a smaller portion of your head, which may possibly render bothersome. I didn't actually think the clamping force was excessive, but that may be subject to the fact that I do love my headphones hugging my head.
Now, aesthetically the M50WH is absolutely gorgeous, the white paint has just the slightest gloss and it really works out nicely. Now considering my older M50s are pretty beat up, I thought the new M50WH had much more rigid joints, in a good way. This really favors portability and its folding up feature.
Just in terms of sound, their wonderful. I don't understand why some people are starting to doubt the M50 bang for the buck. I still think it is one of the best, if not the best, for under 150, even though they used to be able to be found for more around 120. Still, they sound terrific, maintaining a fun yet accurate sound. I found the bass nice and punchy; the mids were, imo, more forward than the older M50; and the treble has a bite, but is still not fatiguing. While the sound stage isn't particularly large, it is spacious and does a good job of surrounding you with lush mids.
Hopefully, I'll be writing a more thorough review once they are done burning in :D
Oh BTW, still can't get over how versatile these are, and no rattle on these, so i wonder what is was for my other ones, wasn't noticeable, but still there if you looked for it.
No rattle hear either. If your running compressed music or audio that clip's the M50's are extremely sensitive poorly encoded audio. (Could be a possible explantion for the "rattle" or cracking sounds yall folks are hearing. I hear it to from time to time and its ALWAYS the source.
Hey guys I would really appreciate it if you would check out my review of the ATH-M50WHs, there are a lot of nice big high quality pics in there ^^ - http://www.head-fi.org/t/614824/a-beautiful-take-on-beautiful-sound-a-review-of-the-audio-technica-ath-m50wh
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 11 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 50 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Full size headphones for movie watching 1 minute ago
- › Plug Headphone directly to Soundcard broke 1 Headphone channel 3 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 3 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › I'm in Japan and don't know what to do! (next stop PRC) 5 minutes ago
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)