hey so is anyone getting a rattle sound from one of the drivers at certain low frequencies? It's very annoying, and I really want to get rid of them for that.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:
yeah, I guess something like that:/ I hate it - -
Hey yeah, so I tried putting pressure against the plastic covering going right over the headphones, and that seemed to do the trick, only problem is that I can't think of a long term solution. I did open them up and there were no internal malfunctions, except for the surface of the driver behind the plastic mesh.
Hey guys !
so I just received a pair of M50WH on top of my older M50, while I haven't actually burned them in yet I still do believe they sound a bit different from my older M50s, but that may just be the padding. Oh, BTW they did change the padding found on the M50, it's plushier, thicker, and imo comfier. However, because of the thicker pads the headband will not form against your head, but instead put that pressure on a smaller portion of your head, which may possibly render bothersome. I didn't actually think the clamping force was excessive, but that may be subject to the fact that I do love my headphones hugging my head.
Now, aesthetically the M50WH is absolutely gorgeous, the white paint has just the slightest gloss and it really works out nicely. Now considering my older M50s are pretty beat up, I thought the new M50WH had much more rigid joints, in a good way. This really favors portability and its folding up feature.
Just in terms of sound, their wonderful. I don't understand why some people are starting to doubt the M50 bang for the buck. I still think it is one of the best, if not the best, for under 150, even though they used to be able to be found for more around 120. Still, they sound terrific, maintaining a fun yet accurate sound. I found the bass nice and punchy; the mids were, imo, more forward than the older M50; and the treble has a bite, but is still not fatiguing. While the sound stage isn't particularly large, it is spacious and does a good job of surrounding you with lush mids.
Hopefully, I'll be writing a more thorough review once they are done burning in :D
Oh BTW, still can't get over how versatile these are, and no rattle on these, so i wonder what is was for my other ones, wasn't noticeable, but still there if you looked for it.
No rattle hear either. If your running compressed music or audio that clip's the M50's are extremely sensitive poorly encoded audio. (Could be a possible explantion for the "rattle" or cracking sounds yall folks are hearing. I hear it to from time to time and its ALWAYS the source.
Hey guys I would really appreciate it if you would check out my review of the ATH-M50WHs, there are a lot of nice big high quality pics in there ^^ - http://www.head-fi.org/t/614824/a-beautiful-take-on-beautiful-sound-a-review-of-the-audio-technica-ath-m50wh
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 1 second ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Any Head-fiers in San Diego? 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 7 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)