Oh Yeah, I also think they sound great with my cowan J3 as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATHM50 Pro Dj Headphones - White Coiled Cabletagged by cristina, 12/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/29/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by cristina, 12/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- V-MODA Crossfade LP2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50? Can't Decide help please!! Last post on 8/17/12 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Request] Different between Audio-Technica ATHM50S and Audio-Technica ATHM50 and other Advice on... Last post on 7/15/12 at 9:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- yo. just adopted a pair of ath m50s Last post on 12/7/13 at 2:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- ath-m50s now what Last post on 12/11/13 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 Gaming Performance question. Last post on 12/5/13 at 9:52am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread - Page 75
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1112 of 13863/2/12 at 10:18am
I love my Audio Technica ATH-M50s's. They are the cousin to my big three, (650, 880(600), K701) <--- those big three!! The M50 is my go to portable rig listening HP. Plus my wife loves the sound signature. I don't forsee ever getting rid of this cousin. I am however wondering how the 840 compares? Is it worth the purchase? I am trying to focus on source, cable, tube, and tweek upgardes, darn it! Anyone on how the 840 compares to M50?post #1113 of 13863/2/12 at 11:31ampost #1114 of 13863/2/12 at 11:48am
Yeah there are many threads.... I was looking more from the M50 dedicated listeners standpoint directly. I have been arguing with myself about the purchase, but as mentioned trying to focus on other area upgrades.post #1115 of 13863/2/12 at 12:00pm
M50 - SRH840
I've posted this several times.
Had both, kept the M50.
The reason had more to do with the horribly uncomfortable (painful) fit and awkward ergonomics of the 840.
Sound was good, M50 is more 'fun', 840 more flat - neutral.post #1116 of 13863/4/12 at 1:45amQuote:Originally Posted by Zub-a-Roo
I love my Audio Technica ATH-M50s's. They are the cousin to my big three, (650, 880(600), K701) <--- those big three!! The M50 is my go to portable rig listening HP. Plus my wife loves the sound signature. I don't forsee ever getting rid of this cousin. I am however wondering how the 840 compares? Is it worth the purchase? I am trying to focus on source, cable, tube, and tweek upgardes, darn it! Anyone on how the 840 compares to M50?
My 840's should be here within the next couple of days, I will most definitely be posting my thoughts comparing the m50'spost #1117 of 13863/4/12 at 2:10am
im going to sell my srh840's too, i prefer the more lively response of the m50's.
plus having the two closed headphones is a little redundant for me, since one nearly always get neglected.
will sell the headphones to get an open headphonepost #1118 of 13863/4/12 at 2:52amThank you all for your responses. Hearing your responses I do feel I need to audition the 840 in the future. However right now I have my cross hairs on a soils state amp (burson 160). Since this is the m50 appreciation thread.... M50 best can at the $100 (street price) mark I have heard yet!
Thanks againpost #1119 of 13863/10/12 at 11:39am
Well just got my 840's. About an 2 hours in so far.
They most definitely have a warmer signature than my M50's. Bass response is modest and highs dont feel as metallic and sharp. A less fatiguing sound by far and most definitely less dynamic. The mids on the 840s are outrageous and in my opinion the M50's retain a much flatter frequency response.
I will say that the Shures have great build quality, I really like the detachable cable, the earpads are more comfortable than the m50's and they offer better isolation.
BUT IN TERMS OF SOUND THE M50's to me are much superior.
M50's sound clearer, more precise, excellent bass, and a flatter response. Music just sounds so much more dynamic on the M50's
840's are just to high on the mids for me....
I would agree on all the points about the 840s in this thread.
Edited by peck1234 - 3/10/12 at 12:51pmpost #1120 of 13864/25/12 at 10:52pmpost #1121 of 13865/2/12 at 2:10pmSo I just finished doing a little bit of modding to my M50s. Long story short, I didn't like how they sounded with the 840 pads and the stock pads were incredibly uncomfortable. So I ordered a set of 940 pads and decided to use some leftover Paxmate I had from my T50RPs and placed it around the driver. The comfort is unbelievably good now. My ears don't touch the drivers anymore. And the 940 pads, although they don't isolate as good as the 840, feel great.
I haven't listened to these for an extended period of time, but I'm loving the sound so far.
I tried to make a perfect paxmate circle, but after trying that on my T50RPs I just didn't have the patience anymore.
This is how they look after applying paxmate/silverstone.
And this is with the pads on.
I don't have much experience describing sound, but I feel they are smoother now all the way through. Bass is still punchy, but doesn't feel bloated and the highs sparkle, but are not as sibilant as they were with the 840 pads (I can only hear sibilance on extremely sibilant songs). I also found instrument separation a bit better, I always felt the 840 pads made them sound a bit congested at times. The mids also feel slightly more present. Overall, a very pleasing sound. I still prefer my T50RPs, but I could listen to these for a full day without problem.
Edited by OmarCCX - 5/2/12 at 2:15pmpost #1122 of 13865/13/12 at 9:06pm
I love my M50's have had them for over a month now and listen to them daily. I have the silver and blue LE and sometimes it seems the left is louder then the right other times it seems balanced. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just crazy?post #1123 of 13865/13/12 at 11:44pm
I got my ATH-M50 back on April 5th. These truly are the best headphones I've ever listened to in person. Clearly the best headphones you can get before you really get into the more "high class" cans. I bought them from Guitar Center where I A/B-ed them against the Beyerdynamics DT-770 80 ohm. In my opinion, the M50 has better sound quality (clearer highs and more natural bass response) and is 50 bucks cheaper! I do like the round design of the earcups and velour ear pads of the Beyerdynamics better though.Quote:
Strangest thing I just discovered last night, I had this same problem, but I decided to spin one of the earpads around and discovered that it may have been upside down. Now the sound is perfect out of both ears!
Edited by Trance88 - 5/13/12 at 11:53pmpost #1124 of 13865/14/12 at 9:14pmQuote:Strangest thing I just discovered last night, I had this same problem, but I decided to spin one of the earpads around and discovered that it may have been upside down. Now the sound is perfect out of both ears!
Well, they both look right side up to me, I have read a review on amazon and one on youtube of the 50th anniversary and they both said theirs had more sound from one ear. I guess if it is i'm use to it now because I don't notice it anymore.post #1125 of 13865/14/12 at 11:13pm
After leaving my M-50s out to stretch over a bookshelf speaker for a few nights they've really loosened up on the clamp!
I thought mine had developed the crackling issue today but it turned out to be my old iPod mini on the fritz :(
Such a shame as it's the nicest sounding iPod I've heard, apart from the old 60g 5th gen that my gf has now, should have kept it!
- The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 40 seconds ago
- › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = (Modulor orders updated... 45 seconds ago
- › Songs for making love... <3 1 minute ago
- › LOU REED'S PARROT ZIK Headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 headphones and A1 amp used for 5-10 hours brand new... 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe