Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Format is Your Music?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Format is Your Music? - Page 5

post #61 of 216
In order of preference for audiophile quality:

1. Vinyl
2. CD

For casual listening
1. FLAC
2. MP3
3. IPOD
post #62 of 216
CD, vinyl.
post #63 of 216
CD and ALAC.
post #64 of 216
LPs then CDs
post #65 of 216
CD´s (and few miscallaneous vinyls)

Every CD is on my PC and iPod as ALAC

I have at least 70% of my total music on PC as mp3, varying in bitrate. Those don´t get much listens though... ;D
post #66 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterboy View Post
In order of preference for audiophile quality:

1. Vinyl
2. CD

For casual listening
1. FLAC
2. MP3
3. IPOD
in what way do you assume flac and cd have different audio quality? If passed through the same dac, flac might be better than cd playback!
post #67 of 216
Apple lossless, from imported CDs
Some downloads at lower bit rates.
Spotify Premium at 320kbps
post #68 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyDebord View Post
in what way do you assume flac and cd have different audio quality? If passed through the same dac, flac might be better than cd playback!
Not sure how it would be better, but it should be exactly the same.
I'm not a believer in transports anyway.

Oh, and I didn't know iPod was a format :P
post #69 of 216
For me, it's mainly Apple Lossless. However, I do have some music that's still 256Kbps since I either haven't gotten around to converting them to lossless or I bought them from iTunes.
post #70 of 216
My music is mostly CDs and some 256-320kps AAC/MP3s files (70-30 split). My record collection is still at my parent's place and has been since I moved out some 18 years ago.

I have been tempted to go back...but for now that's a door that I will keep closed.
post #71 of 216
Basically....CD and SACD. No downloads.
post #72 of 216
apple lossless and mp3's
post #73 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolink24 View Post
Not sure how it would be better, but it should be exactly the same.
I'm not a believer in transports anyway.

Oh, and I didn't know iPod was a format :P
it could be better in that reading from the computer would provide skip free playback, no loss of bits reading from a hard drive, whereas a cd is reading in real time.
post #74 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
... My record collection is still at my parent's place and has been since I moved out some 18 years ago.

I have been tempted to go back...but for now that's a door that I will keep closed.
Ouch... That'll leave a mark. I know the feeling.
post #75 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Injury View Post
Really?

Are you one of those golden-eared dudes that can hear the difference between .zip and .rar?
I can tell 320 from lossless. That said, I refuse to convert my music to Apple. I use iTunes and have an iPod. I haven't figured out how to fill it with flac. I don't need three different formats clogging up space, so I use .wav. If I could use flac on my iPod, I'd do that.

Even so, most of my listening is from my netbook setup. .wav allows me to do both and not have to duplicate my collection. If someone has a better way, I'd be very happy to listen. LoL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What Format is Your Music?