Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Anyone else feel that vocals on the IE8's are veiled?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone else feel that vocals on the IE8's are veiled? - Page 2

post #16 of 43
I eq my ie8's on my Cowon s9. Less intrusive bass and the veil is removed.

My new eq is in my sig if you happen to have an s9.
post #17 of 43
How do the IE8's compare to Shure SE530's? Anyone heard the two in side by side comparo?
post #18 of 43
Extremely different sounding earphones. I've written reviews of both. Search button will find it as well as other reviews/comparisons/comments.
post #19 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvw2 View Post
Extremely different sounding earphones. I've written reviews of both. Search button will find it as well as other reviews/comparisons/comments.
Thanks pal
post #20 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido2 View Post
How do the IE8's compare to Shure SE530's? Anyone heard the two in side by side comparo?
There's a comparison with test tracks from different genres in my e-Q7 review:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/i...5/#post6176678
post #21 of 43
I tried mine yesterday out of a $2,500 amp/DAC and did not hear any appreciable difference in sound/detail from running them directly from my iPod. Incidentally, I like my IE8s a lot.
post #22 of 43
Definately EQ them if you are finding them veiled.
post #23 of 43
In my opinion the vocals with the IE8 aren't veiled at all. When they are, I haven't the IE8 inserted properly into my ears. The sound of the IE8 is exquisitely fit-sensitive.
post #24 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by egokun View Post
In my opinion the vocals with the IE8 aren't veiled at all. When they are, I haven't the IE8 inserted properly into my ears. The sound of the IE8 is exquisitely fit-sensitive.
I agree 100%. I don't know what music some people are playing to comment on the IE8s handling of vocals, but I would classify their sound as 'warm' as opposed to 'veiled'. To me at least, they are not the same thing.
post #25 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido2 View Post
Thanks pal
I'm not trying to be a dick here, but frankly the IE8 and SE530 are nearly on the opposite ends of the spectrum. To come down to those two choices is to essentially ignore personal preference and pick blindly at labeled high end products. It isn't helpful. You really have to know what they represent sound wise to even consider them, and this takes research. The search button is there, and there's a pile of reviews and comments on both. They aren't hard to find, and they're good reads to go through to understand how they sound, how they compare, and how other earphones you didn't list there sound and compare. Very likely you may find another earphone a better fit to your personal taste then those two. You just won't know until you research. I like being helpful, but I don't like to baby someone along. I'm not fond of people who don't try to put in any effort. I don't want to spam a pile of review threads I come across from a quick search when you can do the same yourself in seconds with just a minute amount of effort. I don't want to repeat my own reviews/impressions of them and forcibly other earphones(because you should be aware of all your options) I've used that are just as good when I have already done so in great detail elsewhere that can be easily found through the search button. Be informed, be knowledgeable.
post #26 of 43
^You talkin to me? I didn't ask you to be fond of me. Is this your time of the month or what? LOL...chill out bro.
Oh and thanks to you guys that shot me some quick answers...much appreciated! I'm really not that interested in IEM's anymore. I was just curious as to how the IE8's compare to my SE530's at a quick glance, because I have heard some good things about them. This is a headphone forum not a research lab...we are here to have fun too. Maybe ease off the coffee for a few days
post #27 of 43
The ie8s vocals are deffently coloured ,making them sound thicker and deeper than in other iem's without eq'ing
post #28 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetik View Post
I just got these a week ago and was just wondering if anyone felt the same way? I like the bass response these give but it just sounds a quite bit too "veiled". Man I wish I could just find an IEM that will give me the mids/highs of the RE0 with more bass impact. Lol it almost seems like the only option to acquire that is to buy a JH13/16
They are quite veiled, indeed.

If you want something with more noticeable vocals and pretty much the same bass response get the Metro.Fi 170.

Haven't quite heard the RE0 so I can't really comment on that one.
post #29 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridleyguy View Post
I tried mine yesterday out of a $2,500 amp/DAC and did not hear any appreciable difference in sound/detail from running them directly from my iPod. Incidentally, I like my IE8s a lot.
That can't be right. I can tell the difference coming from an iPod and even just a $100 DAC/Amp. iPod SQ is quite behind if you compare it to any Foobar setup and any $100ish DAC.
post #30 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvw2 View Post
I'm not trying to be a dick here, but frankly the IE8 and SE530 are nearly on the opposite ends of the spectrum. To come down to those two choices is to essentially ignore personal preference and pick blindly at labeled high end products. It isn't helpful. You really have to know what they represent sound wise to even consider them, and this takes research. The search button is there, and there's a pile of reviews and comments on both. They aren't hard to find, and they're good reads to go through to understand how they sound, how they compare, and how other earphones you didn't list there sound and compare. Very likely you may find another earphone a better fit to your personal taste then those two. You just won't know until you research. I like being helpful, but I don't like to baby someone along. I'm not fond of people who don't try to put in any effort. I don't want to spam a pile of review threads I come across from a quick search when you can do the same yourself in seconds with just a minute amount of effort. I don't want to repeat my own reviews/impressions of them and forcibly other earphones(because you should be aware of all your options) I've used that are just as good when I have already done so in great detail elsewhere that can be easily found through the search button. Be informed, be knowledgeable.
Where the heck did this come from? Chill man. It was a perfectly reasonable question.

If you don't want to baby anyone don't post. And if you don't want to baby someone, why do you like to chastise them instead?


Also by the way people finding the IE8's mids veiled, try the average joe mod (somewhere on this forum there's instructions for it). I found this mod really increased the clarity of the IE8s. However it sort of made bass response suffer. The IE8s didn't sound like IE8s at all with this mod.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Anyone else feel that vocals on the IE8's are veiled?