Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ACS T1 Custom Review and impressions thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ACS T1 Custom Review and impressions thread! - Page 16

post #226 of 392
Hi all

Do u guys know how to replace acs t1 live 's cable with diy cable?
I dont know where i can get the port (jack to connect to the iem)

Is there anyone know?
I just curious how it sounds with other cables

smily_headphones1.gif
post #227 of 392

@AIDrums and @lonbowbbs - No offence taken.

 

I don't know what IEMs you guys are coming from but ACS really have nailed it with the T1.

My upgrade to the T1 was from Shure SE530 and I was blown away when I first heard the T1s. It just goes to show that driver numbers aren't necessarily an indicator of sound quality, ACS have done miracles with just 3 drivers.

The only gripe I had was the number of times I had to return them for repair. As I say, this may have changed now they have introduced the new cables.

 

As for other CIEMs...curiosity tends to get the better of me...especially if there is a sale on wink_face.gif

post #228 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten123 View Post

@AIDrums and @lonbowbbs - No offence taken.

 

I don't know what IEMs you guys are coming from but ACS really have nailed it with the T1.

My upgrade to the T1 was from Shure SE530 and I was blown away when I first heard the T1s. It just goes to show that driver numbers aren't necessarily an indicator of sound quality, ACS have done miracles with just 3 drivers.

The only gripe I had was the number of times I had to return them for repair. As I say, this may have changed now they have introduced the new cables.

 

As for other CIEMs...curiosity tends to get the better of me...especially if there is a sale on wink_face.gif

Well, the number of drivers was the first thing that drew me in. ACS specifically states that even though the T1 Live! has been in development for quite some time, they just don't slap one or two extra drivers into the IEMs themselves and call it a day. To me, that just goes to show how confident they are. Let's be honest, even though the notion of "more drivers = better sound" may not apply, we can't deny that generally driver-stuffed IEMs do inspire more confidence, at least in a marketing sense. 

post #229 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nenbgumi View Post

Well, the number of drivers was the first thing that drew me in. ACS specifically states that even though the T1 Live! has been in development for quite some time, they just don't slap one or two extra drivers into the IEMs themselves and call it a day. To me, that just goes to show how confident they are. Let's be honest, even though the notion of "more drivers = better sound" may not apply, we can't deny that generally driver-stuffed IEMs do inspire more confidence, at least in a marketing sense. 

 

Not for me, my benchmark is the ER4S and that has a single driver. The multi-driver IEM's and customs I have heard have never lived up to their advertising hype, always falling short by a considerable margin. I'm waiting on the T1, when I receive them I shall post some photos and a very, very brief synopsis of my impressions, the last thing this forum need is more subjective waffle about customs.

post #230 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_h View Post

 

Not for me, my benchmark is the ER4S and that has a single driver.

That's quite a statement...I think I'd like to hear them

post #231 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_h View Post

 

Not for me, my benchmark is the ER4S and that has a single driver. The multi-driver IEM's and customs I have heard have never lived up to their advertising hype, always falling short by a considerable margin. I'm waiting on the T1, when I receive them I shall post some photos and a very, very brief synopsis of my impressions, the last thing this forum need is more subjective waffle about customs.

 

Coming from an engineering and gigging musician background my perspective is 'more drivers  = more to go wrong'.

 

I want reliability, isolation and sound quality, in that order, but all have got to be excellent. I will be using these things mainly for hearing protection and monitoring on-stage but also when tracking in the studio and for listening to music while travelling.  I was considering the ACS T2's but chose the T1's because I figured the improvement in sound quality for music listening would outweigh any decrease in reliability.  I hope I did right. 

post #232 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten123 View Post

@AIDrums and @lonbowbbs - No offence taken.

 

I don't know what IEMs you guys are coming from but ACS really have nailed it with the T1.

My upgrade to the T1 was from Shure SE530 and I was blown away when I first heard the T1s. It just goes to show that driver numbers aren't necessarily an indicator of sound quality, ACS have done miracles with just 3 drivers.

The only gripe I had was the number of times I had to return them for repair. As I say, this may have changed now they have introduced the new cables.

 

As for other CIEMs...curiosity tends to get the better of me...especially if there is a sale on wink_face.gif

 

I have had CIEM lite...I have a pair of Etymotic hf3's with the ACS custom ear moulds....I was looking to upgrade to a top tier CIEM and since ACS already had my impressions it was path of least resistance.

post #233 of 392

Picked mine up today, listening to them now, they have a very lovely presentation, comprehensive and accurate, if it's in the mix you hear it. One point of note! I have read many reviews that say they have a recessed top end? I am finding they are very faithful to the source material and things sound correct in the mix, I can't detect any roll-off in the higher frequencies and the latest revisions from ACS put them a notch ahead of my previous CIEMs in this area. (For Ety fans such as myself, all that lovely detail is there but, so far, there is a dimensional realism that is absent form the ER4.) Insertion is a bit difficult at first and I had to practice with a mirror a few times to get it right, this I would recommend as they are very pliable and need to be treated with care. Happy thus far! May update with pictures and further impressions after the weekend?

post #234 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_h View Post

Picked mine up today, listening to them now, they have a very lovely presentation, comprehensive and accurate, if it's in the mix you hear it. One point of note! I have read many reviews that say they have a recessed top end? I am finding they are very faithful to the source material and things sound correct in the mix, I can't detect any roll-off in the higher frequencies and the latest revisions from ACS put them a notch ahead of my previous CIEMs in this area. (For Ety fans such as myself, all that lovely detail is there but, so far, there is a dimensional realism that is absent form the ER4.) Insertion is a bit difficult at first and I had to practice with a mirror a few times to get it right, this I would recommend as they are very pliable and need to be treated with care. Happy thus far! May update with pictures and further impressions after the weekend?

Hey mark it's looking good there! How long was the turnover period? I'm going through Boots also, but I do not really expect to get them before Jan.

post #235 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_h View Post

Picked mine up today, listening to them now, they have a very lovely presentation, comprehensive and accurate, if it's in the mix you hear it. One point of note! I have read many reviews that say they have a recessed top end? I am finding they are very faithful to the source material and things sound correct in the mix, I can't detect any roll-off in the higher frequencies and the latest revisions from ACS put them a notch ahead of my previous CIEMs in this area. (For Ety fans such as myself, all that lovely detail is there but, so far, there is a dimensional realism that is absent form the ER4.) Insertion is a bit difficult at first and I had to practice with a mirror a few times to get it right, this I would recommend as they are very pliable and need to be treated with care. Happy thus far! May update with pictures and further impressions after the weekend?


I never found the highs rolled off. In fact I was quite surprised how nicely the highs cut threw without being harsh. Insertion does take a while to get used to and luckily they include the lube (Comfort cream) to take the edge off. I found over time that the shells become less "tacky" and become easier to insert with a bit of spit\water rubbed around the ear.

It also depends how naturally greasy your ears are - mine are apparently very dry which is why I had lots of problems getting them in, when my friend had no problems at all.

post #236 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nenbgumi View Post

Hey mark it's looking good there! How long was the turnover period? I'm going through Boots also, but I do not really expect to get them before Jan.

 

If you ordered before 30th they are guaranteed before 25th, mine took exactly 4 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten123 View Post


I never found the highs rolled off. In fact I was quite surprised how nicely the highs cut threw without being harsh. Insertion does take a while to get used to and luckily they include the lube (Comfort cream) to take the edge off. I found over time that the shells become less "tacky" and become easier to insert with a bit of spit\water rubbed around the ear.

It also depends how naturally greasy your ears are - mine are apparently very dry which is why I had lots of problems getting them in, when my friend had no problems at all.

 

Your cd's are on the way!! Upper mids and highs are a real strength, very natural.

post #237 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_h View Post

 

If you ordered before 30th they are guaranteed before 25th, mine took exactly 4 weeks.

 

Thank you. Just got an email from ACS saying that mine would be available in the week commencing Jan 7th due to the lab closing on Xmas. Arrrgghh! The wait is killing me!

 

Any chance for a comparison between your old T1 and this one?

post #238 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nenbgumi View Post

Thank you. Just got an email from ACS saying that mine would be available in the week commencing Jan 7th due to the lab closing on Xmas. Arrrgghh! The wait is killing me!

 

Any chance for a comparison between your old T1 and this one?

 

I had that delay with my Decware CSP2+....Patience is a challenge waiting for new toys!

post #239 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

 

I had that delay with my Decware CSP2+....Patience is a challenge waiting for new toys!

I recently received my T1s, also ordered from Boots (I used the Belfast store). Mine were ordered mid-November (I think the audiologist appointment was November 13) and took a little over 3 weeks, arriving on December 7. Sadly my order got messed up and I received the T1 Classic, i.e. the now-defunct monitor which comes without a replaceable cable.

 

I questioned ACS on what had gone wrong. Apparently Boots, Belfast used an old ACS order form and ACS simply made a set of the T1 Classic as Boots requested. They got me to immediately send back the incorrect monitors (which I did on December 11) for a rush replacement, scheduled to take 1 week. Fair play to ACS for taking ownership of the problem and not bouncing me back to Boots. That said, it's incredibly frustrating to wait 3 weeks, get one's new toy, then lose it again very shortly after it arrives. I did get to use them over the weekend though and they sounded pretty sweet, so I can't wait to get the new ones back!

 

Will post an update when I do get them.

post #240 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten123 View Post


I found over time that the shells become less "tacky" and become easier to insert with a bit of spit\water rubbed around the ear.

It also depends how naturally greasy your ears are - mine are apparently very dry which is why I had lots of problems getting them in, when my friend had no problems at all.

 

This was my experience also with ACS headphone sleeves. For the first week or so after I received my sleeves they were very tricky to insert dry and absolutely had to have some cream applied. My ears start straight then slope up at a 90 degree angle so the optimal insertion method required a bit of figuring out. The combination of less sleeve stickiness and knowing how best to get them in meant I was able to insert them dry (and I actually prefer it that way as if I use comfort cream the sleeves move around a little more than I like when I move my jaw around) on the vast majority of occasions.

 

Some days I find my ears are drier than others and so carry the comfort cream around for those times - using as little as possible works best for me and I always apply it to the sleeve rather than the ear canal so it gets to exactly the place it needs to go.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ACS T1 Custom Review and impressions thread!