Did you try to give them a call ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Customs on customs! Last post on 5/30/12 at 12:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
ACS T1 Custom Review and impressions thread! - Page 11post #151 of 46312/11/11 at 2:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 46312/12/11 at 12:04am
well i forwarded the same mail to acs as well as Mat Jones..and also my dealer. The days of my T1 idling around being unused should have reached bout a month. I dont really know how i should feel. I didnt call them, I'm from malaysia, call rate would be expensive. Why cant they jus reply the mail, I put a lot of effort into it. Bear in mind that i still have to pay for the to and fro shipping and impression fees which I did previously. This time around, I am not sure if I have to pay for another reshelling fee since the 30days warranty have long passed.post #153 of 46312/12/11 at 12:12am
I advise you to use skype or similar software to call them. It shouldn't be too expensive.
Sometimes things can take time, either because stuff gets stuck in customs at the airport in UK (there was a case last year), or because there's a lot to do (like right now, since they just launched a new line) but in the end they always do things the right way.
Who did you forwarded the email to (you can send me the info by PM if you prefer since it's probably a personal email there) ? Also, if you went through a dealer, it's his responsibility to do the communication.
Quote:Originally Posted by keroro
well i forwarded the same mail to acs as well as Mat Jones..and also my dealer. The days of my T1 idling around being unused should have reached bout a month. I dont really know how i should feel. I didnt call them, I'm from malaysia, call rate would be expensive. Why cant they jus reply the mail, I put a lot of effort into it. Bear in mind that i still have to pay for the to and fro shipping and impression fees which I did previously. This time around, I am not sure if I have to pay for another reshelling fee since the 30days warranty have long passed.post #154 of 46312/12/11 at 2:13ampost #155 of 46312/13/11 at 12:49am
Answered your PM. It's much more complicated than what I was expecting.Quote:
I'd like to add here that customs are serious business, people needs to be careful about what they do.
Edit : Oh and again, if you go through a dealer, you have to keep contacting the dealer, unless there's obvious problems with him.
Edited by frenchbat - 12/13/11 at 5:15pmpost #156 of 46312/19/11 at 1:04pm
I got my T1's via Monika Schumacher from protection4hearing http://www.protection4hearing.co.uk/ The service has been second to none with her visiting me at work to take impressions, deliver product and sort out my problems directly with ACS on my behalf. I have had a few problems with both fit and drivers failing but thanks to Monika and ACS everything is now sorted and I've even ended up with a 2nd free set of T1's. I cannot reccommend protection4hearing any higher for anyone wanting to purchase ACS in the London/home county area.post #157 of 46312/19/11 at 2:22pmpost #158 of 46312/21/11 at 3:06am
Finally received a reply from acs. Seems that it was partly my fault that they didnt receive my mail. I sincerely apologize for that. My thanks to the silent messenger who conveyed my message to acs. I cannot thank you more.post #159 of 46312/21/11 at 4:10ampost #160 of 46312/23/11 at 5:49pmpost #161 of 46312/23/11 at 7:36pmpost #162 of 46312/24/11 at 12:52am
Cool. I hope Craig will be able to do a TWAG for it.
But it's basically the same as the T1, just with detachable cables and the ambient feature, which isn't even available yet, right?post #163 of 46312/24/11 at 1:32amQuote:
The drivers are the same as the T1 (which is now called the T1 Classic), but the crossover has been revised to accomodate the ambient hardware. ACS claim this slightly improves the sound quality but it has been stressed to me (by them) that the T1 was so close to perfect already, that any improvement is very slight indeed. I await any review with interest but it would only be useful if a direct comparison to the T1 was possible. I know I may be in a minority, but I prefer the fact that the T1 Classic is hard wired to the crossover.post #164 of 46312/24/11 at 6:07am
Thanks for the info. The external ambient box is not ready yet right? I'm a bit confused. Does this mean the T1 Live! will be ready to use with the box, if and when it becomes available?
As for the cable, it's just safer (and more fun) to be able to switch cables. But yes, sometimes it's nice to have fixed cables. But then that's why I have my universals :)post #165 of 46312/24/11 at 6:10am
BTW, another question. I have my JH13 but they're just plain boring on my club-type songs (r&b, etc). I also find them uncomfortably hard. Apart from the ACS T1, are there any other customs I should be looking at with good bass and great comfort? I see UM being mentioned a lot these days. Do they do the soft silicon too?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 Custom Review and impressions thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 15 seconds ago
- › New IEM for a cable breaker. 35 seconds ago
- › despite a luke warm review on what hi-fi..and limited other info..... 1 minute ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA22 Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 6 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear