Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Impressions of the Playaz N1, Sonia II, RE252, RE0, PFE and IE8, or “Something of Everything and a Case for EQing”
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Impressions of the Playaz N1, Sonia II, RE252, RE0, PFE and IE8, or “Something of Everything and... - Page 5

post #61 of 77
Hi Thanks for the reply. Btw my budget is still limited....
Will give Fiio E5 a try to boost my e280 if it possible.....
Whats your suggestion ?
post #62 of 77
if you have a v2 e200 the FiiO won' make any noticeable difference, that player is already very good. If it's a v1 e200, get a new player, don't waste your time with an amp.

That S-Flo is just some fad-of-the-month thing, don't fall for the mass hysteria.
post #63 of 77
I think I have v1 sansa though
So I will start saving and buy cowon S9 perhaps because I9 is only like 20 bucks cheaper...
Or perhaps Sansa Fuze or Clip, still cannot decide though
Still thanks again for the advice
post #64 of 77
How is D2+ SQ compared to Fuze or Cowon I9 or S9 ?
Sorry for this question, have read this forum but still cannot decide.....
post #65 of 77

Shame on you KLS!  

 

Thanks for the review - made me curious about re252 and ie8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLS View Post

Thanks for the writeups! I enjoy IE8 witout any EQing, because I am not an audiophile.
post #66 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

Now, I don’t know whether this opinion disqualifies me as an audiophile or serious head-fier, but I’ll take an involving presentation, that draws me into the music, any time over the last bit of refinement or micro-detail. Because in the end, at least in my book, it’s all about the music and not the phones.



Amen..

post #67 of 77

The Playaz N3 are ridiculously good for the $$. Soundstage, dynamics and details galore! (again, for the $$)

Very, very impressed.

post #68 of 77


 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by customNuts View Post

The Playaz N3 are ridiculously good for the $$. Soundstage, dynamics and details galore! (again, for the $$)

Very, very impressed.


Yes, the N3 sound good, but comfort is horrible, and build quality is sub par

post #69 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrael View Post


 

 


Yes, the N3 sound good, but comfort is horrible, and build quality is sub par





Yeah, but the worst thing about them has to be how they make you feel about your more expensive IEMs. I mean, if they are decent drivers in crappy generic IEM bodies, put together without care, and they sound good for 14euros... Why does decent ergonomics and a bit of care cost so much more?
post #70 of 77

Hi james444, wondering if you've listened to the TD100 (or you just don't like it)? Had a chance to listen to the N1 for a few minutes today. Comparing the 2, with no external amp and no eq, the impression I got was the TD100's soundstage is significantly wider than the N1.

post #71 of 77

The N3 sounded terrible with the stock tips (to me), but I had read that so when I bought them I also purchased the fairly expensive (in comparison) orange comply looking tips for 3.95 euros for 1 pair. Once I put them on and with a bit of burn in, they are really impressive.

Is the xears turbo td100 (the $200 one at buy it now price) a big upgrade on the N3? Has anyone compared the 2??

post #72 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob2 View Post

Hi james444, wondering if you've listened to the TD100 (or you just don't like it)? Had a chance to listen to the N1 for a few minutes today. Comparing the 2, with no external amp and no eq, the impression I got was the TD100's soundstage is significantly wider than the N1.


First of all, the N1 without EQ are pretty much unlistenable for me. Their bloated bass kills everything else. But EQed they are excellent for the kind of music I like best (classical, jazz, folk-rock). They have an airy, open sound that I prefer over the closed models.

 

I have the N3 and TD100 too and like most Playaz/Xears phones they put out incredible sound for the money. Without EQ each of them beats the N1 easily, no question. But the properly EQed N1 are something special to my ears - maybe because they fit my musical genres so well.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by customNuts View Post

The N3 sounded terrible with the stock tips (to me), but I had read that so when I bought them I also purchased the fairly expensive (in comparison) orange comply looking tips for 3.95 euros for 1 pair. Once I put them on and with a bit of burn in, they are really impressive.

Is the xears turbo td100 (the $200 one at buy it now price) a big upgrade on the N3? Has anyone compared the 2??

 

No way should the TD100 cost so much. They are €44 on the Playaz Website. Every now and then there's a sale and you should be able to get them even cheaper. I think they sound a slightly more refined and dynamic than the N3, whereas the latter sound a bit airier, but I haven't done an in-depth comparison.

 

Oh and yes, the stock tips suck.

post #73 of 77

Quote:

Originally Posted by customNuts View Post

The N3 sounded terrible with the stock tips (to me), but I had read that so when I bought them I also purchased the fairly expensive (in comparison) orange comply looking tips for 3.95 euros for 1 pair. Once I put them on and with a bit of burn in, they are really impressive.

Is the xears turbo td100 (the $200 one at buy it now price) a big upgrade on the N3? Has anyone compared the 2??

I haven't listened to N3 much (sold off), but I think there is a very obvious bass difference between td100 and N3 (td100 has more quantity). I prefer td100... but I'm probably not a neutral listener that likes bass too much, so my opinion might be useless to you :D Where are you seeing the $200 price? Like james444 said, that's way too much.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post


First of all, the N1 without EQ are pretty much unlistenable for me. Their bloated bass kills everything else. But EQed they are excellent for the kind of music I like best (classical, jazz, folk-rock). They have an airy, open sound that I prefer over the closed models.

 

I have the N3 and TD100 too and like most Playaz/Xears phones they put out incredible sound for the money. Without EQ each of them beats the N1 easily, no question. But the properly EQed N1 are something special to my ears - maybe because they fit my musical genres so well.


Very interesting... hope I get my hands on it again to play around with EQ. Does flight of the conchords count as folk rock?

post #74 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob2 View Post

Quote:

I haven't listened to N3 much (sold off), but I think there is a very obvious bass difference between td100 and N3 (td100 has more quantity). I prefer td100... but I'm probably not a neutral listener that likes bass too much, so my opinion might be useless to you :D Where are you seeing the $200 price? Like james444 said, that's way too much.

 


Very interesting... hope I get my hands on it again to play around with EQ. Does flight of the conchords count as folk rock?


The $200 price is from Thomas's ebay store. Notice customNuts said $200 "buy it now" price.

post #75 of 77

Thanks Jisu,

Yes it was from the ebay store at a buy it now price. Even at 44 euro for the TD100, it's a big increase from the 16euro I paid for the N3. I do Like my bass - alot - but it needs to be tight as well as big.

Do you guys think the TD100's are worth the 3x price of the N3??

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Impressions of the Playaz N1, Sonia II, RE252, RE0, PFE and IE8, or “Something of Everything and a Case for EQing”