Bumping this post again. I'm curious, has anyone directly compared the 2 headphones? QC3 vs P5. I have the QC3's, but just got the P5's from the factory as a gift. Trying to decide whether to try them on and keep them or just sell them, if they are similar to the QC3's.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Last post on 6/6/15 at 11:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD650 and Maranatz, Fiio, or Schiit? Need Opinions Last post on 11/30/11 at 10:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Anyone interested in a Bowers & Wilkins c5 review? Last post on 10/9/11 at 9:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon to...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Is B&W p5 worth it? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 503/9/12 at 9:30am
For what its worth, here are my thoughts:
Firstly it depends on what you want from the cans:
- Noise isolation?
In what order of preference would you place these? For me it was SQ first and foremost; anything else I could live with.
Secondly, there are THREE MAJOR factors that mean all the reviews posted here cannot be considered equal:
- Have the P5's been burned in?
- Which ear cushion design do they have?
- What is the tonal preference of the listener?
As with most durable high quality audio equipment, the P5's have a lengthy burn in period, so reviewing a well-worn pair in a store versus reviewing your brand new set will be 'night and day'.
The P5's have two different ear cushion designs: they sound COMPLETELY different.
The first looks like this:
The second looks like this:
If you have the first version, you can mod them like I did using a pair of scissors (if you dare!)
So this likely explains why some people love their P5's and some people hate them and now have sold them.
Finally then, to answer your initial question; I personally think that my modded P5's blow anything you will find in an Apple store out of the water. I know this because I took them in to an Apple store and A-B'd my P5's with all the Bose, Sennheiser, and Monster Beats sets they had in there.
It was very satisfying to know that my 2nd hand P5's that I paid £100 for sounded much better than the £350 Monster beats
I should imagine that QC3's are more comfortable for extended periods and will isolate noise more effectively. These factors were not of particularly high importance to me personally. They may be for you though?
PJpost #48 of 503/31/12 at 7:57pm
Has anyone tried replacing the detachable cable with another brand's? I read an aftermarket cable will not work because of how thin the hole is, but I wonder if my V-Moda cable would.post #49 of 504/1/12 at 7:57amQuote:
The V-moda cable is 3.5mm to 3.5mm. The B&W P5 cable is 2.5mm to 3.5mm. So, it's not really the size of the cable entry on the headphone that's the problem, but the actual connecter.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is B&W p5 worth it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Open back vs. closed back 4 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 5 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 8 minutes ago
- › Looking for a great portable amp/dac combo 9 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 9 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 10 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 12 minutes ago
- › Looking for a $300-500 cable, first time buying a cable 12 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...