Bumping this post again. I'm curious, has anyone directly compared the 2 headphones? QC3 vs P5. I have the QC3's, but just got the P5's from the factory as a gift. Trying to decide whether to try them on and keep them or just sell them, if they are similar to the QC3's.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Last post on 6/6/15 at 11:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD650 and Maranatz, Fiio, or Schiit? Need Opinions Last post on 11/30/11 at 10:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Anyone interested in a Bowers & Wilkins c5 review? Last post on 10/9/11 at 9:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION Firstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from...
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
Is B&W p5 worth it? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 503/9/12 at 9:30am
For what its worth, here are my thoughts:
Firstly it depends on what you want from the cans:
- Noise isolation?
In what order of preference would you place these? For me it was SQ first and foremost; anything else I could live with.
Secondly, there are THREE MAJOR factors that mean all the reviews posted here cannot be considered equal:
- Have the P5's been burned in?
- Which ear cushion design do they have?
- What is the tonal preference of the listener?
As with most durable high quality audio equipment, the P5's have a lengthy burn in period, so reviewing a well-worn pair in a store versus reviewing your brand new set will be 'night and day'.
The P5's have two different ear cushion designs: they sound COMPLETELY different.
The first looks like this:
The second looks like this:
If you have the first version, you can mod them like I did using a pair of scissors (if you dare!)
So this likely explains why some people love their P5's and some people hate them and now have sold them.
Finally then, to answer your initial question; I personally think that my modded P5's blow anything you will find in an Apple store out of the water. I know this because I took them in to an Apple store and A-B'd my P5's with all the Bose, Sennheiser, and Monster Beats sets they had in there.
It was very satisfying to know that my 2nd hand P5's that I paid £100 for sounded much better than the £350 Monster beats
I should imagine that QC3's are more comfortable for extended periods and will isolate noise more effectively. These factors were not of particularly high importance to me personally. They may be for you though?
PJpost #48 of 503/31/12 at 7:57pm
Has anyone tried replacing the detachable cable with another brand's? I read an aftermarket cable will not work because of how thin the hole is, but I wonder if my V-Moda cable would.post #49 of 504/1/12 at 7:57amQuote:
The V-moda cable is 3.5mm to 3.5mm. The B&W P5 cable is 2.5mm to 3.5mm. So, it's not really the size of the cable entry on the headphone that's the problem, but the actual connecter.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is B&W p5 worth it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Brooko's Reviews - Past & Future 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 12 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...