Bumping this post again. I'm curious, has anyone directly compared the 2 headphones? QC3 vs P5. I have the QC3's, but just got the P5's from the factory as a gift. Trying to decide whether to try them on and keep them or just sell them, if they are similar to the QC3's.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Last post on 10/9/13 at 7:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD650 and Maranatz, Fiio, or Schiit? Need Opinions Last post on 11/30/11 at 10:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Anyone interested in a Bowers & Wilkins c5 review? Last post on 10/9/11 at 9:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Is B&W p5 worth it? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 503/9/12 at 9:30am
For what its worth, here are my thoughts:
Firstly it depends on what you want from the cans:
- Noise isolation?
In what order of preference would you place these? For me it was SQ first and foremost; anything else I could live with.
Secondly, there are THREE MAJOR factors that mean all the reviews posted here cannot be considered equal:
- Have the P5's been burned in?
- Which ear cushion design do they have?
- What is the tonal preference of the listener?
As with most durable high quality audio equipment, the P5's have a lengthy burn in period, so reviewing a well-worn pair in a store versus reviewing your brand new set will be 'night and day'.
The P5's have two different ear cushion designs: they sound COMPLETELY different.
The first looks like this:
The second looks like this:
If you have the first version, you can mod them like I did using a pair of scissors (if you dare!)
So this likely explains why some people love their P5's and some people hate them and now have sold them.
Finally then, to answer your initial question; I personally think that my modded P5's blow anything you will find in an Apple store out of the water. I know this because I took them in to an Apple store and A-B'd my P5's with all the Bose, Sennheiser, and Monster Beats sets they had in there.
It was very satisfying to know that my 2nd hand P5's that I paid £100 for sounded much better than the £350 Monster beats
I should imagine that QC3's are more comfortable for extended periods and will isolate noise more effectively. These factors were not of particularly high importance to me personally. They may be for you though?
PJpost #48 of 503/31/12 at 7:57pm
Has anyone tried replacing the detachable cable with another brand's? I read an aftermarket cable will not work because of how thin the hole is, but I wonder if my V-Moda cable would.post #49 of 504/1/12 at 7:57amQuote:
The V-moda cable is 3.5mm to 3.5mm. The B&W P5 cable is 2.5mm to 3.5mm. So, it's not really the size of the cable entry on the headphone that's the problem, but the actual connecter.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is B&W p5 worth it?
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 35 seconds ago
- › Dsnuts Garage sale II 37 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Astell & Kern AK240 44 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 53 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 1 minute ago
- › *Price Drop!* UM Miracle for remolding 1 minute ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 1 minute ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude