Bumping this post again. I'm curious, has anyone directly compared the 2 headphones? QC3 vs P5. I have the QC3's, but just got the P5's from the factory as a gift. Trying to decide whether to try them on and keep them or just sell them, if they are similar to the QC3's.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Last post on 6/6/15 at 11:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD650 and Maranatz, Fiio, or Schiit? Need Opinions Last post on 11/30/11 at 10:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Anyone interested in a Bowers & Wilkins c5 review? Last post on 10/9/11 at 9:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
Is B&W p5 worth it? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 503/9/12 at 9:30am
For what its worth, here are my thoughts:
Firstly it depends on what you want from the cans:
- Noise isolation?
In what order of preference would you place these? For me it was SQ first and foremost; anything else I could live with.
Secondly, there are THREE MAJOR factors that mean all the reviews posted here cannot be considered equal:
- Have the P5's been burned in?
- Which ear cushion design do they have?
- What is the tonal preference of the listener?
As with most durable high quality audio equipment, the P5's have a lengthy burn in period, so reviewing a well-worn pair in a store versus reviewing your brand new set will be 'night and day'.
The P5's have two different ear cushion designs: they sound COMPLETELY different.
The first looks like this:
The second looks like this:
If you have the first version, you can mod them like I did using a pair of scissors (if you dare!)
So this likely explains why some people love their P5's and some people hate them and now have sold them.
Finally then, to answer your initial question; I personally think that my modded P5's blow anything you will find in an Apple store out of the water. I know this because I took them in to an Apple store and A-B'd my P5's with all the Bose, Sennheiser, and Monster Beats sets they had in there.
It was very satisfying to know that my 2nd hand P5's that I paid £100 for sounded much better than the £350 Monster beats
I should imagine that QC3's are more comfortable for extended periods and will isolate noise more effectively. These factors were not of particularly high importance to me personally. They may be for you though?
PJpost #48 of 503/31/12 at 7:57pm
Has anyone tried replacing the detachable cable with another brand's? I read an aftermarket cable will not work because of how thin the hole is, but I wonder if my V-Moda cable would.post #49 of 504/1/12 at 7:57amQuote:
The V-moda cable is 3.5mm to 3.5mm. The B&W P5 cable is 2.5mm to 3.5mm. So, it's not really the size of the cable entry on the headphone that's the problem, but the actual connecter.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is B&W p5 worth it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Sony PHA-2A portable DAC 1 second ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 40 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details of design, features and specifications on 1st page. ... 2 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › C&C BH2 Portable Amp 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear