Bumping this post again. I'm curious, has anyone directly compared the 2 headphones? QC3 vs P5. I have the QC3's, but just got the P5's from the factory as a gift. Trying to decide whether to try them on and keep them or just sell them, if they are similar to the QC3's.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Bowers & Wilkins P3 Last post on 6/6/15 at 11:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- need help! getting new headphones budget under 300! Last post on 3/24/12 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD650 and Maranatz, Fiio, or Schiit? Need Opinions Last post on 11/30/11 at 10:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Anyone interested in a Bowers & Wilkins c5 review? Last post on 10/9/11 at 9:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
Is B&W p5 worth it? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 503/9/12 at 9:30am
For what its worth, here are my thoughts:
Firstly it depends on what you want from the cans:
- Noise isolation?
In what order of preference would you place these? For me it was SQ first and foremost; anything else I could live with.
Secondly, there are THREE MAJOR factors that mean all the reviews posted here cannot be considered equal:
- Have the P5's been burned in?
- Which ear cushion design do they have?
- What is the tonal preference of the listener?
As with most durable high quality audio equipment, the P5's have a lengthy burn in period, so reviewing a well-worn pair in a store versus reviewing your brand new set will be 'night and day'.
The P5's have two different ear cushion designs: they sound COMPLETELY different.
The first looks like this:
The second looks like this:
If you have the first version, you can mod them like I did using a pair of scissors (if you dare!)
So this likely explains why some people love their P5's and some people hate them and now have sold them.
Finally then, to answer your initial question; I personally think that my modded P5's blow anything you will find in an Apple store out of the water. I know this because I took them in to an Apple store and A-B'd my P5's with all the Bose, Sennheiser, and Monster Beats sets they had in there.
It was very satisfying to know that my 2nd hand P5's that I paid £100 for sounded much better than the £350 Monster beats
I should imagine that QC3's are more comfortable for extended periods and will isolate noise more effectively. These factors were not of particularly high importance to me personally. They may be for you though?
PJpost #48 of 503/31/12 at 7:57pm
Has anyone tried replacing the detachable cable with another brand's? I read an aftermarket cable will not work because of how thin the hole is, but I wonder if my V-Moda cable would.post #49 of 504/1/12 at 7:57amQuote:
The V-moda cable is 3.5mm to 3.5mm. The B&W P5 cable is 2.5mm to 3.5mm. So, it's not really the size of the cable entry on the headphone that's the problem, but the actual connecter.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is B&W p5 worth it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 44 seconds ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP thread 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Newbie: Do I really need a DAC/AMP with current set-up? 3 minutes ago
- › Ortofon e-Q8 Impressions Thread (new 2014 successor of the e-Q7 /... 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › A step up from a smartphone... what to get? 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3