Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Panasonic CZs (HJE900) Appreciation Thread and Pending Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic CZs (HJE900) Appreciation Thread and Pending Review - Page 52

post #766 of 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post



Same or look for the L or R markings on the side that so many people seem to overlook blink.gif
 

 


erm, much faster and easier to just feel for the bump, the markings are small smily_headphones1.gif
post #767 of 872

But if your second pair comes without the bump it's much easier to look for the markings. wink.gif

post #768 of 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post
I haven't even thought about the Pana's lately how's everybody doing with them are they still getting eartime? Or have you found something different or better.


Are you kidding?? I have become the HJE900! I'm thinking of getting myself a tattoo of these babies! I have them since August last year and I couldn't even imagine a better suited IEM for me. All of my friends are wowed just as much and I got Panasonic two new clients.

 

I'm also looking for a fullsize headphone upgrade because the Panny just killed the HFI-780 for me! frown.gif

And as it seems, I have to increase my budget by quite a number because even the PRO 750 or Denon D2000 won't cut it!

 

I feel very very sorry for Panasonic for not getting the appreciation they deserve. Meanwhile, since my import from UK, the prices have even dropped in Germany by 35 € to 115 €. Nobody expects high quality at that price and those that are willing to spend that little, usually prefer muddy bass crap in-ears like the CX500. Sad but true.

 

I also find it very sad that there's no Apple headset cable available for the HJE900... I haven't even seen replacement cables in Europe yet! Probably because of the poor sales.

post #769 of 872

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrazino View Post


Are you kidding?? I have become the HJE900! I'm thinking of getting myself a tattoo of these babies! I have them since August last year and I couldn't even imagine a better suited IEM for me. All of my friends are wowed just as much and I got Panasonic two new clients.

 

I'm also looking for a fullsize headphone upgrade because the Panny just killed the HFI-780 for me! frown.gif

And as it seems, I have to increase my budget by quite a number because even the PRO 750 or Denon D2000 won't cut it!

 

I feel very very sorry for Panasonic for not getting the appreciation they deserve. Meanwhile, since my import from UK, the prices have even dropped in Germany by 35 € to 115 €. Nobody expects high quality at that price and those that are willing to spend that little, usually prefer muddy bass crap in-ears like the CX500. Sad but true.

 

I also find it very sad that there's no Apple headset cable available for the HJE900... I haven't even seen replacement cables in Europe yet! Probably because of the poor sales.



If you love them so much, why don't you marry them?  biggrin.gif

 

Haha actually you might wanna try to get a 2nd pair to store away, since they are discontinued...

post #770 of 872

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post

 

If you love them so much, why don't you marry them?  biggrin.gif

 

Haha actually you might wanna try to get a 2nd pair to store away, since they are discontinued...

 

It's hard to believe but I actually love my wife even more! tongue.gif

 

 

Does anybody have the Asian version? It looks a little different (not the metal finish on the end of the cables but black rubber, also available in white) and supposedly the cable is longer (1,2m opposed to 1,0m). It also has a nicer carrying pouch and more stock tips.

 

hje900main.jpg

rphje900a

rphje900c

post #771 of 872


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrazino View Post

 

 

It's hard to believe but I actually love my wife even more! tongue.gif

 

 

Does anybody have the Asian version? It looks a little different (not the metal finish on the end of the cables but black rubber, also available in white) and supposedly the cable is longer (1,2m opposed to 1,0m). It also has a nicer carrying pouch and more stock tips.

 

Good question, I'd like to see a picture or two of the white ones in action.

post #772 of 872

 The Japanese and the American are the same IEM, just the packaging is different. (read: MUCH NICER) But really, the IEMs are the exact same. I think they were losing money on the American distribution, but the Japanese is still being produced. The audio quality should be the same. Maybe the cord is a bit different, but that is just where the differences end. Oh right, and the japanese have a nice looking white one.

 

Also extra tips for the asian distro should not surprise anyone. I think they assumed that americans are bigger and therefore don't need the XS tips...

 

Also, is it me or do the Japanese know how to advertize? Our adverts always seem so plain in comparison to the Japanese... Japanese seem so much more artistic...


Edited by kyuuketsuki - 3/15/11 at 9:45am
post #773 of 872

Judging by the looks, I'm pretty sure we're missing the M sized tip. I've never seen as small tips as the smallest one that came with the HJE900. I usually use M sized tips but with the HJE900 the middle ones are too small and the big ones too large.

Also, Asians have bigger heads!

 

I actually prefer the metallic finish of the Western version over the all black design. I will try to get the white ones, though. I just hope they're not too feminine.

post #774 of 872

I'd love to get a second pair, but honestly... I don't like having 2 sets of the same headphone.... I'd probably pick up the ATH-CK10 before I pick-up another pair of these... Besides... the likelihood of these breaking is slim. From what I have heard, the people who broke them completely abused them.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrazino View Post

Judging by the looks, I'm pretty sure we're missing the M sized tip. I've never seen as small tips as the smallest one that came with the HJE900. I usually use M sized tips but with the HJE900 the middle ones are too small and the big ones too large.

Also, Asians have bigger heads!

 

I actually prefer the metallic finish of the Western version over the all black design. I will try to get the white ones, though. I just hope they're not too feminine.



 

post #775 of 872

I got my HJE900 about 4 months ago,  since then I have also purchased the TF10, Custom 3, and DBA-02.  Out of all these I enjoy the HJE900 out of all of them.  I recently sold the Custom3, although I enjoyed the sound I felt it was lacking in the bass.  I got the DBA recently to see what all the fuss was about and will probably be selling them also.  The Panasonics are just hard to beat overall, I love the build and I have the sound tailored just the way I like it. 


Edited by wendell c - 3/16/11 at 1:25am
post #776 of 872
I'm a little confused by all the comments on bass for these. I really enjoy the splashy treble and actually find the upper mids forward of the bass. Distortion guitars sound really special on these. However the bass is very lean. Don't get me wrong, I hear the extension and the slight mid bass hump but the overall bass presentation is really lean. It makes the music sound thin to my ears and doesn't carry the robust note I prefer.

I bought the used. Previous owner says they have 75+ hours and I've put 40+ on them. Instead of a V signature I hear a signature like this: _/
it's like the gain on upper mids and treble are higher than the bass presentation. I suspect it's my ears. I've read a few others have heard these the same way but most seem to hear more bass presentation. Any ideas? How much burn in do these need to sound their best? I have tried my whole arsenal of tips. I think complys and the old Shure e2c tips sound best.
Edited by shotgunshane - 3/22/11 at 7:54am
post #777 of 872


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

I'm a little confused by all the comments on bass for these. I really enjoy the splashy treble and actually find the upper mids forward of the bass. Distortion guitars sound really special on these. However the bass is very lean. Don't get me wrong, I hear the extension and the slight mid bass hump but the overall bass presentation is really lean. It makes the music sound thin to my ears and doesn't carry the robust note I prefer.

I bought the used. Previous owner says they have 75+ hours and I've put 40+ on them. Instead of a V signature I hear a signature like this: _/
it's like the gain on upper mids and treble are higher than the bass presentation. I suspect it's my ears. I've read a few others have heard these the same way but most seem to hear more bass presentation. Any ideas? How much burn in do these need to sound their best? I have tried my whole arsenal of tips. I think complys and the old Shure e2c tips sound best.


Exactly how I feel the music is lean, to analytical for my liking. This is one of the reason I'm considering selling them the bass is not enough and there is not enough weight.

I just recently put stock cables on them and they look so sexy I think I'm going to keep them. Plus they just pop in, good build quality, nice cable I'll keep.

 

Every time I hear the Pana is bass heavy I grin, there is indeed some thump pleasantly so , but as far as massive sub-bass, weight and body. Not there.

These classify as analytical phones a good pair that leaves me never feeling like darn i could use more bass. They are perfect but not.

 

 

 

 

post #778 of 872

You must be a basshead, but I can't say you are entirely wrong on that... I am not a basshead and find the bass quite fine. It is solid, tight and controlled, but not heavy. It has a V shaped curve, but not one that would be favored by a basshead. To call them analytical however is pushing it. Analytical in my mind is flat and transparent. The HJE900s are not flat, and are more readily described as musical imo. I don't know what to tell you other than putting on bassboost which the HJE900s do respond well to. And if that doesn't work... Sell them and look for something with more bass impact. I'm not sure which IEMs have that, but I'm sure you can use Joker's review thread to find one that fits your criteria in your price range. They are highly sought after right now since they are not sold in the states for the price they were a few months ago, so, give them a fair price, and you're guaranteed a fast sale.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

I'm a little confused by all the comments on bass for these. I really enjoy the splashy treble and actually find the upper mids forward of the bass. Distortion guitars sound really special on these. However the bass is very lean. Don't get me wrong, I hear the extension and the slight mid bass hump but the overall bass presentation is really lean. It makes the music sound thin to my ears and doesn't carry the robust note I prefer.

I bought the used. Previous owner says they have 75+ hours and I've put 40+ on them. Instead of a V signature I hear a signature like this: _/
it's like the gain on upper mids and treble are higher than the bass presentation. I suspect it's my ears. I've read a few others have heard these the same way but most seem to hear more bass presentation. Any ideas? How much burn in do these need to sound their best? I have tried my whole arsenal of tips. I think complys and the old Shure e2c tips sound best.


 

post #779 of 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

You must be a basshead, but I can't say you are entirely wrong on that... I am not a basshead and find the bass quite fine. It is solid, tight and controlled, but not heavy. It has a V shaped curve, but not one that would be favored by a basshead. To call them analytical however is pushing it. Analytical in my mind is flat and transparent. The HJE900s are not flat, and are more readily described as musical imo. I don't know what to tell you other than putting on bassboost which the HJE900s do respond well to. And if that doesn't work... Sell them and look for something with more bass impact. I'm not sure which IEMs have that, but I'm sure you can use Joker's review thread to find one that fits your criteria in your price range. They are highly sought after right now since they are not sold in the states for the price they were a few months ago, so, give them a fair price, and you're guaranteed a fast sale.

 



 

Different ears. To each is own.
 

 

post #780 of 872

Can't argue with that... But my sentiments stands. As near 100hours of burn in should be more than enough for the HJE900s. The only other thing it can be is the source, but I doubt that for some reason. So it is likely that the sound signature doesn't jive with him, and should try boosting the bass. And if that doesn't work to check out Joker's thread.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post



Different ears. To each is own.
 

 



 


Edited by kyuuketsuki - 3/22/11 at 9:28am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Panasonic CZs (HJE900) Appreciation Thread and Pending Review