It doesn't get that hot (or at least I don't think it does)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 67post #991 of 85421/10/12 at 9:29pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #992 of 85421/10/12 at 10:58pmpost #993 of 85421/11/12 at 11:03am
Rustoleum is fine. The trick is to clean the end bell really well before painting, as it has a slight sticky/oily coating on it to keep it from rusting. Naptha will do a pretty good job.post #994 of 85421/11/12 at 12:38pm
Thanks Doc. I used some steel wool to remove the oil layer and polished it with compound. I'm going to blue the bell cap and paint the transformer.
Quote:post #995 of 85421/13/12 at 3:27pm
Oh yeah my Crack shipped. I had all these great ideas relocating jack, different wood and stuff. Now I just want to build it and listen. Haven't been this excited about an amp in some time...post #996 of 85421/13/12 at 4:41pm
Sweet. It would be awesome if you took pictures of it as you build it and post them here!
Quote:post #997 of 85421/13/12 at 6:11pmI started on my speedball upgrade. A small soldering tip is required for the pcb connections. For the crack I used a soldering gun with a big tip and I couldn't find replacement tips so I picked up another soldering iron (and some desoldering braid). I've been enjoying the crack with a TS5998 and the Fostex's the last two weeks. I've heard great things about the speedballed Crack/HD800 combo.
Edited by Draygonn - 1/13/12 at 6:14pmpost #998 of 85421/13/12 at 7:43pmQuote:
I think mine may have shipped too. Did your order status change under your profile though? Mine still says "payment received" but I ordered before 12/8/11post #999 of 85421/13/12 at 8:08pmpost #1000 of 85421/14/12 at 9:04am
The shipping status info on the shopping cart is not functional. We are in the process of changing over new server that should allow some features like that, that have not been working, to work. You should get a tracking number by email the day your kit ships. If you are in the States it will be a UPS Quantum View notice. If outside the US it will be an email with your USPS tracking number. The best way to get updates on individual orders is to contact Eileen at queen at bottlehead dot com or call us M-F 10-6 PT, 206-451-4275.post #1001 of 85421/14/12 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Doc B.
The shipping status info on the shopping cart is not functional. We are in the process of changing over new server that should allow some features like that, that have not been working, to work. You should get a tracking number by email the day your kit ships. If you are in the States it will be a UPS Quantum View notice. If outside the US it will be an email with your USPS tracking number. The best way to get updates on individual orders is to contact Eileen at queen at bottlehead dot com or call us M-F 10-6 PT, 206-451-4275.
Ahh, thanks for the info Doc.post #1002 of 85421/14/12 at 11:22ampost #1003 of 85421/14/12 at 11:57ampost #1004 of 85421/14/12 at 12:31pm
I see people talking about running a 6SN7 adapter in place of the 12au7 on the Bottlehead forum. Is this a plug and play adapter/tube combo? Or, does the Crack have to be modified some to make it work? If plug and play, where could I buy the adapter?
I'd ask the question on the Bottlehead forum, but am waiting on my approval over there.
Scottpost #1005 of 85421/14/12 at 12:44pm
IDK, it's not something I have used and I don't know how it is wired with respect to the heater connections. It might be a lot cleaner to simply rewire the tube socket heater connections and plug in a 6CG7/6FQ7, which is electrically identical to the 6SN7.
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 4 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 5 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 8 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 8 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 9 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 9 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 9 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 10 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 10 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › IC : Grado HP1000 10 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear