It doesn't get that hot (or at least I don't think it does)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 67post #991 of 79781/10/12 at 9:29pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #992 of 79781/10/12 at 10:58pmpost #993 of 79781/11/12 at 11:03am
Rustoleum is fine. The trick is to clean the end bell really well before painting, as it has a slight sticky/oily coating on it to keep it from rusting. Naptha will do a pretty good job.post #994 of 79781/11/12 at 12:38pm
Thanks Doc. I used some steel wool to remove the oil layer and polished it with compound. I'm going to blue the bell cap and paint the transformer.
Quote:post #995 of 79781/13/12 at 3:27pm
Oh yeah my Crack shipped. I had all these great ideas relocating jack, different wood and stuff. Now I just want to build it and listen. Haven't been this excited about an amp in some time...post #996 of 79781/13/12 at 4:41pm
Sweet. It would be awesome if you took pictures of it as you build it and post them here!
Quote:post #997 of 79781/13/12 at 6:11pmI started on my speedball upgrade. A small soldering tip is required for the pcb connections. For the crack I used a soldering gun with a big tip and I couldn't find replacement tips so I picked up another soldering iron (and some desoldering braid). I've been enjoying the crack with a TS5998 and the Fostex's the last two weeks. I've heard great things about the speedballed Crack/HD800 combo.
Edited by Draygonn - 1/13/12 at 6:14pmpost #998 of 79781/13/12 at 7:43pmQuote:
I think mine may have shipped too. Did your order status change under your profile though? Mine still says "payment received" but I ordered before 12/8/11post #999 of 79781/13/12 at 8:08pmpost #1000 of 79781/14/12 at 9:04am
The shipping status info on the shopping cart is not functional. We are in the process of changing over new server that should allow some features like that, that have not been working, to work. You should get a tracking number by email the day your kit ships. If you are in the States it will be a UPS Quantum View notice. If outside the US it will be an email with your USPS tracking number. The best way to get updates on individual orders is to contact Eileen at queen at bottlehead dot com or call us M-F 10-6 PT, 206-451-4275.post #1001 of 79781/14/12 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Doc B.
The shipping status info on the shopping cart is not functional. We are in the process of changing over new server that should allow some features like that, that have not been working, to work. You should get a tracking number by email the day your kit ships. If you are in the States it will be a UPS Quantum View notice. If outside the US it will be an email with your USPS tracking number. The best way to get updates on individual orders is to contact Eileen at queen at bottlehead dot com or call us M-F 10-6 PT, 206-451-4275.
Ahh, thanks for the info Doc.post #1002 of 79781/14/12 at 11:22ampost #1003 of 79781/14/12 at 11:57ampost #1004 of 79781/14/12 at 12:31pm
I see people talking about running a 6SN7 adapter in place of the 12au7 on the Bottlehead forum. Is this a plug and play adapter/tube combo? Or, does the Crack have to be modified some to make it work? If plug and play, where could I buy the adapter?
I'd ask the question on the Bottlehead forum, but am waiting on my approval over there.
Scottpost #1005 of 79781/14/12 at 12:44pm
IDK, it's not something I have used and I don't know how it is wired with respect to the heater connections. It might be a lot cleaner to simply rewire the tube socket heater connections and plug in a 6CG7/6FQ7, which is electrically identical to the 6SN7.
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen 5 minutes ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 7 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear