Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
- Headphone Impedance
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 280
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Those are standards for the signal level coming out of the source equipment. In other words the amp needs not be as sensitive for a +4dBU (studio standard) signal source as it needs to be for a -10dbV (roughly the home audio standard) source. Note also that the units are different between the two standards and IIRC the difference is really more like 12dB than 14dB.
noooooo, I just ordered like two days ago.
that being said, I'm a soon to be owner of the crack with speedball upgrade (soon being 3-4 weeks lol)
I ordered just a couple days ago too. Sent them an email looking to see if I could get credit back. Otherwise, I'm going to cancel and reorder.
I just ordered last week, I'm not thrilled... Don't think I'll cancel and reorder though.
Yeah, it happens, I'm not going to stress. I learned last year not to order from 1964ears near a Holiday. I totally wasn't expecting a labor day sale. The sale popped up while I was still waiting on my V6's, though not by much.
Try looking here:
I removed the cascade bypass caps I was experimenting with and have been running the with my original JFX films for a few days in stock form to re-accustom myself with the presentation. Next up it’s the turn of the Valab Fast Power 47uf pio (polypropylene in oil)which I am going to try first with just one 47uf capacitor with the 600ohm T1 and then with two paralleled for 94uf. A couple of different bypasses will also be given a go in a week or two.
I just wanted to say that I hate all of you in this thread. I want SO badly to build a Crack after reading about all of your builds. Doc ALMOST got me with the sale, but I managed to hold off.
Just have too much stuff right now and incoming to justify it.
The true spirit would be to sell off stuff that hasn't even arrived yet to fund the purchase of new toys...
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › AudioValve LUMINARE & VERTO : for Stax headphones and for all... 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Does anyone have anything to say against me buy a Shure SE215? 8 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW kjk1281's take JVC XX HA-FR100X Elation ... 10 minutes ago
- › SennGrado Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 19 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz "Supra" The Universal Custom In-Ear Monitor 20 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2