Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Headphone Impedance
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 280
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Those are standards for the signal level coming out of the source equipment. In other words the amp needs not be as sensitive for a +4dBU (studio standard) signal source as it needs to be for a -10dbV (roughly the home audio standard) source. Note also that the units are different between the two standards and IIRC the difference is really more like 12dB than 14dB.
noooooo, I just ordered like two days ago.
that being said, I'm a soon to be owner of the crack with speedball upgrade (soon being 3-4 weeks lol)
I ordered just a couple days ago too. Sent them an email looking to see if I could get credit back. Otherwise, I'm going to cancel and reorder.
I just ordered last week, I'm not thrilled... Don't think I'll cancel and reorder though.
Yeah, it happens, I'm not going to stress. I learned last year not to order from 1964ears near a Holiday. I totally wasn't expecting a labor day sale. The sale popped up while I was still waiting on my V6's, though not by much.
Try looking here:
I removed the cascade bypass caps I was experimenting with and have been running the with my original JFX films for a few days in stock form to re-accustom myself with the presentation. Next up it’s the turn of the Valab Fast Power 47uf pio (polypropylene in oil)which I am going to try first with just one 47uf capacitor with the 600ohm T1 and then with two paralleled for 94uf. A couple of different bypasses will also be given a go in a week or two.
I just wanted to say that I hate all of you in this thread. I want SO badly to build a Crack after reading about all of your builds. Doc ALMOST got me with the sale, but I managed to hold off.
Just have too much stuff right now and incoming to justify it.
The true spirit would be to sell off stuff that hasn't even arrived yet to fund the purchase of new toys...
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 1 minute ago
- › Losing virginity late in life 1 minute ago
- › New to headphones: Help needed 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 ***Canada only*** 3 minutes ago
- › Review: The Best Sennheiser Portable Headphones Compared: Momentums... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New to forum interested in good sounding on-ears 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)