Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 280post #4186 of 85423/10/14 at 4:45pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #4187 of 85423/10/14 at 5:38pmQuote:
Those are standards for the signal level coming out of the source equipment. In other words the amp needs not be as sensitive for a +4dBU (studio standard) signal source as it needs to be for a -10dbV (roughly the home audio standard) source. Note also that the units are different between the two standards and IIRC the difference is really more like 12dB than 14dB.post #4188 of 85423/10/14 at 6:32pmpost #4189 of 85423/10/14 at 9:48pm
noooooo, I just ordered like two days ago.
that being said, I'm a soon to be owner of the crack with speedball upgrade (soon being 3-4 weeks lol)post #4190 of 85423/10/14 at 11:36pmQuote:
I ordered just a couple days ago too. Sent them an email looking to see if I could get credit back. Otherwise, I'm going to cancel and reorder.post #4191 of 85423/11/14 at 3:29ampost #4192 of 85423/11/14 at 4:37ampost #4193 of 85423/11/14 at 5:08amQuote:
I just ordered last week, I'm not thrilled... Don't think I'll cancel and reorder though.post #4194 of 85423/11/14 at 5:15ampost #4195 of 85423/11/14 at 5:30am
Yeah, it happens, I'm not going to stress. I learned last year not to order from 1964ears near a Holiday. I totally wasn't expecting a labor day sale. The sale popped up while I was still waiting on my V6's, though not by much.post #4196 of 85423/11/14 at 11:22amQuote:
Try looking here:post #4197 of 85423/11/14 at 11:34am
I removed the cascade bypass caps I was experimenting with and have been running the with my original JFX films for a few days in stock form to re-accustom myself with the presentation. Next up it’s the turn of the Valab Fast Power 47uf pio (polypropylene in oil)which I am going to try first with just one 47uf capacitor with the 600ohm T1 and then with two paralleled for 94uf. A couple of different bypasses will also be given a go in a week or two.post #4198 of 85423/11/14 at 11:46ampost #4199 of 85423/11/14 at 12:01pm
I just wanted to say that I hate all of you in this thread. I want SO badly to build a Crack after reading about all of your builds. Doc ALMOST got me with the sale, but I managed to hold off.
Just have too much stuff right now and incoming to justify it.
Carry on.post #4200 of 85423/11/14 at 12:22pm
The true spirit would be to sell off stuff that hasn't even arrived yet to fund the purchase of new toys...
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Audio-GD NFB-1AMP 21 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 11 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 16 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 17 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 20 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 20 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 21 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 21 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 21 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 22 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear