need more time to burn-in ,with the stock pot it was about 5% improvement
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 277post #4141 of 80803/8/14 at 1:24pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #4142 of 80803/8/14 at 2:13pmpost #4143 of 80803/8/14 at 2:29pmQuote:
Lol usually that's indication of a poor paint job and something to be avoided when it comes to cars. Pretty sure if you just spray paint away without any care, it turns out like that. Once again, coming from car paint jobs.post #4144 of 80803/8/14 at 2:40pm
Haha. I'm actually very familiar with orange peel with automotive paint. Automotive media and press is the industry I work in. In this case, though, I think the texture really adds to the finish on the amp. I'm think grey/charcoal/slate stain for the wood and a glossy black orange peel for the chassis.post #4145 of 80803/8/14 at 2:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by roguegeek
Haha. I'm actually very familiar with orange peel with automotive paint. Automotive media and press is the industry I work in. In this case, though, I think the texture really adds to the finish on the amp. I'm think grey/charcoal/slate stain for the wood and a glossy black orange peel for the chassis.
Guess it will be difficult for you to create the orange peel effect on purpose.post #4146 of 80803/8/14 at 3:14pmpost #4147 of 80803/8/14 at 3:21pmQuote:Isn't K812 are low impedance headphones?Originally Posted by roguegeekQuote:Originally Posted by Sonido
Guess it will be difficult for you to create the orange peel effect on purpose. " src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/wink.gif" />
hehe Don't you have more K812 listening to do?!post #4148 of 80803/8/14 at 3:23pmpost #4149 of 80803/8/14 at 5:42pmQuote:
I have the Khozmo stepper. I posted pics on the BH forums. The change was very good!post #4150 of 80803/8/14 at 6:18pmpost #4151 of 80803/8/14 at 8:48pmQuote:
It can be done. Powdercoating with hammerite effect, and just make them thicker. Mine have similar finishing. For those smooth glossy paint, the layer will be thick.post #4152 of 80803/8/14 at 9:57pmpost #4153 of 80803/9/14 at 5:00ampost #4154 of 80803/9/14 at 5:20ampost #4155 of 80803/9/14 at 5:22amQuote:
By applying a too-heavy lacquer coat all at once...? This doesn't happen if you spray thin layers of lacquer. So if you want that, spray a heavier coat on and you're done...
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 5 seconds ago
- › Chicago area Headphone Meet - January 28th 2017 "ChiUniFi" 7 seconds ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 37 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Philadelphia Area Meet, January 29, 2017 - NO Football that weekend! 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Best places to buy custom RCA cables? (for a minimalist connection... 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by SoundApprentice
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear