- 856 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Connecticut
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
- Headphone Impedance
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 201
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The orange-base input tube is Psvane CV131 Mark II and the power tube is GEC 6AS7G Brown base. Also, the tube adapter is a Chinese adapter which I purchased from Ebay.
Yes, you're right
There are many people who are willing to pay hundreds of dollars just to make their amps look more awesome, so don't be afraid to pull the trigger, I guarantee you that your Crack will look much better after installing this tube, not to mention how it will sound
Hah! There's so many puns waiting to be had with that statement too!
Ahhhhh, but you see, my Crack isn't ridiculous.
I left ridiculous behind a looooooooong time ago. I am fully into absurd territory.
More like insanely overkill territory. You may as well start de-soldering all the caps in your house appliances and attach those fist sized motor run caps for better transients and power deliver. Might make your fridge run colder or your microwave a faster heater.
Oh come now. You haven't even attached the lightning rods yet!
That's because thus far I haven't figured out a way to rig the rocket booster packs such that they will enable the Crack to maintain a constant velocity of 88 mph. With variable thrust and acceleration, it is still too difficult to time the lightning strike just right...
Physical propellant? Oh come now, we both know a magnetic levitation system is the best way to provide a constant speed and voltage for those tubes...
Yes, but it turns out she was my mother.
[Please tell me everyone is getting the BTTF references, otherwise I will sound like a complete perv...]
You're joking, of course. It is a well known fact that the only thing in the universe that turns a woman colder than sci-fi/fantasy role playing games is tube amplifiers and flux capacitors.
(My hommage to the BTTF references)
Edited by palmfish - 10/24/13 at 3:22pm
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 10 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 44 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 2 minutes ago
- › Critique my setup. What would you upgrade next? 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers... 4 minutes ago
- › New DAPs from HIFIMAN: HM901U, HM802U, HM700s (and 2 new amp cards) 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2