- 856 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Connecticut
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
Hello, I owned a J3 32GB player for 2 or three years, so I got to know all it's advantages and disadvantages. The good This thing has much more output power than most non-audiophile...
- Headphone Impedance
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 201
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The orange-base input tube is Psvane CV131 Mark II and the power tube is GEC 6AS7G Brown base. Also, the tube adapter is a Chinese adapter which I purchased from Ebay.
Yes, you're right
There are many people who are willing to pay hundreds of dollars just to make their amps look more awesome, so don't be afraid to pull the trigger, I guarantee you that your Crack will look much better after installing this tube, not to mention how it will sound
Hah! There's so many puns waiting to be had with that statement too!
Ahhhhh, but you see, my Crack isn't ridiculous.
I left ridiculous behind a looooooooong time ago. I am fully into absurd territory.
More like insanely overkill territory. You may as well start de-soldering all the caps in your house appliances and attach those fist sized motor run caps for better transients and power deliver. Might make your fridge run colder or your microwave a faster heater.
Oh come now. You haven't even attached the lightning rods yet!
That's because thus far I haven't figured out a way to rig the rocket booster packs such that they will enable the Crack to maintain a constant velocity of 88 mph. With variable thrust and acceleration, it is still too difficult to time the lightning strike just right...
Physical propellant? Oh come now, we both know a magnetic levitation system is the best way to provide a constant speed and voltage for those tubes...
Yes, but it turns out she was my mother.
[Please tell me everyone is getting the BTTF references, otherwise I will sound like a complete perv...]
You're joking, of course. It is a well known fact that the only thing in the universe that turns a woman colder than sci-fi/fantasy role playing games is tube amplifiers and flux capacitors.
(My hommage to the BTTF references)
Edited by palmfish - 10/24/13 at 3:22pm
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 29 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › From Sennheiser HD 650 to HiFiMAN HE-400i... there's no way back! 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › which music do you use to test headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 6 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 7 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by JoeDoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2