- 856 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Connecticut
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
- Headphone Impedance
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 201
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The orange-base input tube is Psvane CV131 Mark II and the power tube is GEC 6AS7G Brown base. Also, the tube adapter is a Chinese adapter which I purchased from Ebay.
Yes, you're right
There are many people who are willing to pay hundreds of dollars just to make their amps look more awesome, so don't be afraid to pull the trigger, I guarantee you that your Crack will look much better after installing this tube, not to mention how it will sound
Hah! There's so many puns waiting to be had with that statement too!
Ahhhhh, but you see, my Crack isn't ridiculous.
I left ridiculous behind a looooooooong time ago. I am fully into absurd territory.
More like insanely overkill territory. You may as well start de-soldering all the caps in your house appliances and attach those fist sized motor run caps for better transients and power deliver. Might make your fridge run colder or your microwave a faster heater.
Oh come now. You haven't even attached the lightning rods yet!
That's because thus far I haven't figured out a way to rig the rocket booster packs such that they will enable the Crack to maintain a constant velocity of 88 mph. With variable thrust and acceleration, it is still too difficult to time the lightning strike just right...
Physical propellant? Oh come now, we both know a magnetic levitation system is the best way to provide a constant speed and voltage for those tubes...
Yes, but it turns out she was my mother.
[Please tell me everyone is getting the BTTF references, otherwise I will sound like a complete perv...]
You're joking, of course. It is a well known fact that the only thing in the universe that turns a woman colder than sci-fi/fantasy role playing games is tube amplifiers and flux capacitors.
(My hommage to the BTTF references)
Edited by palmfish - 10/24/13 at 3:22pm
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 34 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Help! Looking for a good multimedia player and amp for Shure SE846 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 8 minutes ago
- › Wagnus The famous Japan brand has their cable variant from IC to... 8 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 324 IEMs compared (Brainwavz R3 ver.2 added... 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)