- 856 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Connecticut
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 10/9/11 at 5:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
- Headphone Impedance
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 201
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The orange-base input tube is Psvane CV131 Mark II and the power tube is GEC 6AS7G Brown base. Also, the tube adapter is a Chinese adapter which I purchased from Ebay.
Yes, you're right
There are many people who are willing to pay hundreds of dollars just to make their amps look more awesome, so don't be afraid to pull the trigger, I guarantee you that your Crack will look much better after installing this tube, not to mention how it will sound
Hah! There's so many puns waiting to be had with that statement too!
Ahhhhh, but you see, my Crack isn't ridiculous.
I left ridiculous behind a looooooooong time ago. I am fully into absurd territory.
More like insanely overkill territory. You may as well start de-soldering all the caps in your house appliances and attach those fist sized motor run caps for better transients and power deliver. Might make your fridge run colder or your microwave a faster heater.
Oh come now. You haven't even attached the lightning rods yet!
That's because thus far I haven't figured out a way to rig the rocket booster packs such that they will enable the Crack to maintain a constant velocity of 88 mph. With variable thrust and acceleration, it is still too difficult to time the lightning strike just right...
Physical propellant? Oh come now, we both know a magnetic levitation system is the best way to provide a constant speed and voltage for those tubes...
Yes, but it turns out she was my mother.
[Please tell me everyone is getting the BTTF references, otherwise I will sound like a complete perv...]
You're joking, of course. It is a well known fact that the only thing in the universe that turns a woman colder than sci-fi/fantasy role playing games is tube amplifiers and flux capacitors.
(My hommage to the BTTF references)
Edited by palmfish - 10/24/13 at 3:22pm
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 11 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 50 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Full size headphones for movie watching 1 minute ago
- › Plug Headphone directly to Soundcard broke 1 Headphone channel 3 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 3 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › I'm in Japan and don't know what to do! (next stop PRC) 5 minutes ago
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)