- 856 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Connecticut
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
- Headphone Impedance
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 201
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The orange-base input tube is Psvane CV131 Mark II and the power tube is GEC 6AS7G Brown base. Also, the tube adapter is a Chinese adapter which I purchased from Ebay.
Yes, you're right
There are many people who are willing to pay hundreds of dollars just to make their amps look more awesome, so don't be afraid to pull the trigger, I guarantee you that your Crack will look much better after installing this tube, not to mention how it will sound
Hah! There's so many puns waiting to be had with that statement too!
Ahhhhh, but you see, my Crack isn't ridiculous.
I left ridiculous behind a looooooooong time ago. I am fully into absurd territory.
More like insanely overkill territory. You may as well start de-soldering all the caps in your house appliances and attach those fist sized motor run caps for better transients and power deliver. Might make your fridge run colder or your microwave a faster heater.
Oh come now. You haven't even attached the lightning rods yet!
That's because thus far I haven't figured out a way to rig the rocket booster packs such that they will enable the Crack to maintain a constant velocity of 88 mph. With variable thrust and acceleration, it is still too difficult to time the lightning strike just right...
Physical propellant? Oh come now, we both know a magnetic levitation system is the best way to provide a constant speed and voltage for those tubes...
Yes, but it turns out she was my mother.
[Please tell me everyone is getting the BTTF references, otherwise I will sound like a complete perv...]
You're joking, of course. It is a well known fact that the only thing in the universe that turns a woman colder than sci-fi/fantasy role playing games is tube amplifiers and flux capacitors.
(My hommage to the BTTF references)
Edited by palmfish - 10/24/13 at 3:22pm
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Okay, tired of making threads, let's end this already. Fight for... 50 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 3 minutes ago
- › Let's Discuss Your Raspberry Pi Setups 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2