- 856 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Connecticut
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 195post #2911 of 797710/13/13 at 6:42pmThe ones I installed were $10 each. Bought them off ebay.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2912 of 797710/13/13 at 6:45pmpost #2913 of 797710/13/13 at 6:52pmpost #2914 of 797710/13/13 at 6:58pmpost #2915 of 797710/13/13 at 7:17pm
True. But I have time to think about it...
I just finished what has to be the most tedious soldering project ever. I replaced the 24 individual incandescent light bulbs from my cars third brake light and replaced them with LEDs (after having to crack each one open like a walnut). My fingers are raw - I am so done with soldering!
Edited by palmfish - 10/13/13 at 7:21pmpost #2916 of 797710/13/13 at 7:18pmpost #2917 of 797710/13/13 at 7:20pmpost #2918 of 797710/13/13 at 7:24pmQuote:
LMAO... that's exactly what he needs to complete his blue butt cheeks, some pink nuts! Though blue nuts and a pink butt cheek might be better if hes a masochistpost #2919 of 797710/13/13 at 7:28pmpost #2920 of 797710/14/13 at 3:32pm
How difficult do you guys think it would be to add an auto-shutoff to the crack? I keep forgetting to turn it off before I leave. And if not difficult, would it change the sound at all?
Edit: Last week I bought a Sino 6AS7G, just for fun. I much prefer the RCA 6080 tube that with the crack. No speedball.
Edited by whatthedac - 10/14/13 at 3:36pmpost #2921 of 797710/14/13 at 3:47pm
You could probably use a power socket timer device. I expect some would have a delayed shutoff system on them where they automatically switch off after a period of time. I haven't specifically ever looked for this, but wouldn't be surprised if it's out there. Of course, it might get annoying if it powers down halfway through a listening session though. Maybe a more intelligent system would be better, but not sure how that would work.post #2922 of 797710/14/13 at 3:56pm
Finally got my tubes from Nathan and first of all decided to try Mullard E80CC and GEC 6AS7 combo and got the best sound I heard so far with smooth sound and holographic soundstagepost #2923 of 797710/14/13 at 4:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Loquah
You could probably use a power socket timer device. I expect some would have a delayed shutoff system on them where they automatically switch off after a period of time. I haven't specifically ever looked for this, but wouldn't be surprised if it's out there. Of course, it might get annoying if it powers down halfway through a listening session though. Maybe a more intelligent system would be better, but not sure how that would work.
I use this. Better than a timer, and easier to remember since it's just a push of a button on a remote.post #2924 of 797710/14/13 at 7:39pm
I also tried Mullard E80CC with Telefunken 6AS7 and with this combo bass i presented is a little bit forward. Replacing E80CC with GE 8514 rolls off highs so will be suitable for those who feel that their headphones sound bright. To remove the roll off and to balance the bass while keeping punch and body you can use Westinghouse 12AU7, also Kenrad 6SN7 pairs nice with Telefunken 6AS7 eleminating bass emphasis completely but keeping depth and body. If you replace Telefunken with RCA it pairs well too but bass depth will be less
Edited by olegausany - 10/14/13 at 9:35pmpost #2925 of 797710/14/13 at 7:44pmQuote:
1. What is your source?
2. Do you ever use your source with anything other than the Crack?
3. Do you ever forget to turn off your source, or is it just the Crack you forget to turn off?
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 4 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 1 minute ago
- › Intona High Speed USB Isolator 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 7 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 9 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 12 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 12 minutes ago
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear