- 856 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Connecticut
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 195post #2911 of 811510/13/13 at 6:42pmThe ones I installed were $10 each. Bought them off ebay.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2912 of 811510/13/13 at 6:45pmpost #2913 of 811510/13/13 at 6:52pmpost #2914 of 811510/13/13 at 6:58pmpost #2915 of 811510/13/13 at 7:17pm
True. But I have time to think about it...
I just finished what has to be the most tedious soldering project ever. I replaced the 24 individual incandescent light bulbs from my cars third brake light and replaced them with LEDs (after having to crack each one open like a walnut). My fingers are raw - I am so done with soldering!
Edited by palmfish - 10/13/13 at 7:21pmpost #2916 of 811510/13/13 at 7:18pmpost #2917 of 811510/13/13 at 7:20pmpost #2918 of 811510/13/13 at 7:24pmQuote:
LMAO... that's exactly what he needs to complete his blue butt cheeks, some pink nuts! Though blue nuts and a pink butt cheek might be better if hes a masochistpost #2919 of 811510/13/13 at 7:28pmpost #2920 of 811510/14/13 at 3:32pm
How difficult do you guys think it would be to add an auto-shutoff to the crack? I keep forgetting to turn it off before I leave. And if not difficult, would it change the sound at all?
Edit: Last week I bought a Sino 6AS7G, just for fun. I much prefer the RCA 6080 tube that with the crack. No speedball.
Edited by whatthedac - 10/14/13 at 3:36pmpost #2921 of 811510/14/13 at 3:47pm
You could probably use a power socket timer device. I expect some would have a delayed shutoff system on them where they automatically switch off after a period of time. I haven't specifically ever looked for this, but wouldn't be surprised if it's out there. Of course, it might get annoying if it powers down halfway through a listening session though. Maybe a more intelligent system would be better, but not sure how that would work.post #2922 of 811510/14/13 at 3:56pm
Finally got my tubes from Nathan and first of all decided to try Mullard E80CC and GEC 6AS7 combo and got the best sound I heard so far with smooth sound and holographic soundstagepost #2923 of 811510/14/13 at 4:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Loquah
You could probably use a power socket timer device. I expect some would have a delayed shutoff system on them where they automatically switch off after a period of time. I haven't specifically ever looked for this, but wouldn't be surprised if it's out there. Of course, it might get annoying if it powers down halfway through a listening session though. Maybe a more intelligent system would be better, but not sure how that would work.
I use this. Better than a timer, and easier to remember since it's just a push of a button on a remote.post #2924 of 811510/14/13 at 7:39pm
I also tried Mullard E80CC with Telefunken 6AS7 and with this combo bass i presented is a little bit forward. Replacing E80CC with GE 8514 rolls off highs so will be suitable for those who feel that their headphones sound bright. To remove the roll off and to balance the bass while keeping punch and body you can use Westinghouse 12AU7, also Kenrad 6SN7 pairs nice with Telefunken 6AS7 eleminating bass emphasis completely but keeping depth and body. If you replace Telefunken with RCA it pairs well too but bass depth will be less
Edited by olegausany - 10/14/13 at 9:35pmpost #2925 of 811510/14/13 at 7:44pmQuote:
1. What is your source?
2. Do you ever use your source with anything other than the Crack?
3. Do you ever forget to turn off your source, or is it just the Crack you forget to turn off?
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 20 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 27 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition S - NEW Closed Portable 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear