- 856 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Connecticut
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 195post #2911 of 854010/13/13 at 6:42pmThe ones I installed were $10 each. Bought them off ebay.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2912 of 854010/13/13 at 6:45pmpost #2913 of 854010/13/13 at 6:52pmpost #2914 of 854010/13/13 at 6:58pmpost #2915 of 854010/13/13 at 7:17pm
True. But I have time to think about it...
I just finished what has to be the most tedious soldering project ever. I replaced the 24 individual incandescent light bulbs from my cars third brake light and replaced them with LEDs (after having to crack each one open like a walnut). My fingers are raw - I am so done with soldering!
Edited by palmfish - 10/13/13 at 7:21pmpost #2916 of 854010/13/13 at 7:18pmpost #2917 of 854010/13/13 at 7:20pmpost #2918 of 854010/13/13 at 7:24pmQuote:
LMAO... that's exactly what he needs to complete his blue butt cheeks, some pink nuts! Though blue nuts and a pink butt cheek might be better if hes a masochistpost #2919 of 854010/13/13 at 7:28pmpost #2920 of 854010/14/13 at 3:32pm
How difficult do you guys think it would be to add an auto-shutoff to the crack? I keep forgetting to turn it off before I leave. And if not difficult, would it change the sound at all?
Edit: Last week I bought a Sino 6AS7G, just for fun. I much prefer the RCA 6080 tube that with the crack. No speedball.
Edited by whatthedac - 10/14/13 at 3:36pmpost #2921 of 854010/14/13 at 3:47pm
You could probably use a power socket timer device. I expect some would have a delayed shutoff system on them where they automatically switch off after a period of time. I haven't specifically ever looked for this, but wouldn't be surprised if it's out there. Of course, it might get annoying if it powers down halfway through a listening session though. Maybe a more intelligent system would be better, but not sure how that would work.post #2922 of 854010/14/13 at 3:56pm
Finally got my tubes from Nathan and first of all decided to try Mullard E80CC and GEC 6AS7 combo and got the best sound I heard so far with smooth sound and holographic soundstagepost #2923 of 854010/14/13 at 4:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Loquah
You could probably use a power socket timer device. I expect some would have a delayed shutoff system on them where they automatically switch off after a period of time. I haven't specifically ever looked for this, but wouldn't be surprised if it's out there. Of course, it might get annoying if it powers down halfway through a listening session though. Maybe a more intelligent system would be better, but not sure how that would work.
I use this. Better than a timer, and easier to remember since it's just a push of a button on a remote.post #2924 of 854010/14/13 at 7:39pm
I also tried Mullard E80CC with Telefunken 6AS7 and with this combo bass i presented is a little bit forward. Replacing E80CC with GE 8514 rolls off highs so will be suitable for those who feel that their headphones sound bright. To remove the roll off and to balance the bass while keeping punch and body you can use Westinghouse 12AU7, also Kenrad 6SN7 pairs nice with Telefunken 6AS7 eleminating bass emphasis completely but keeping depth and body. If you replace Telefunken with RCA it pairs well too but bass depth will be less
Edited by olegausany - 10/14/13 at 9:35pmpost #2925 of 854010/14/13 at 7:44pmQuote:
1. What is your source?
2. Do you ever use your source with anything other than the Crack?
3. Do you ever forget to turn off your source, or is it just the Crack you forget to turn off?
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 32 seconds ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 36 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 55 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-CD3000 headphone ' The Legendary Prince ' aka Baby MDR-R10 8 minutes ago
- › The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details 9 minutes ago
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear