So I did try to pair KENRAD 6SN7 with GEC 6AS7 and while It sounds better than paired with 5998 I still recommend to use 5814 or 12AU7 because of the way bass is presented
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 193post #2881 of 812910/9/13 at 7:22am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2882 of 812910/9/13 at 8:35ampost #2883 of 812910/11/13 at 11:16pmpost #2884 of 812910/11/13 at 11:24pmpost #2885 of 812910/11/13 at 11:33pmpost #2886 of 812910/12/13 at 12:00ampost #2887 of 812910/12/13 at 1:19amQuote:
So you compared both right? Does Crack really good as they are hyped?post #2888 of 812910/12/13 at 1:21am
Has anyone used or are using a Brimar 13D5 in their Crack if so could you please share your views on it.
I am not sure if they are a 12UA7 or a direct replacement I am a bit wary of taking the "direct replacement" comments as gospel?
Cheerspost #2889 of 812910/12/13 at 5:49amQuote:
Palmfish description is smack on imho, with the HD 600 both these amps work very well but are just different. I have a soft spot for OTLs (headphone 300 ohms and above) but the O2 (Epiphany Audio here) and E12 are really excellent small solid state amps. Does the Crack live upto the hype, yes, add a speedball and it gets a bit special but only for headphones 300 ohms and above.post #2890 of 812910/12/13 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Nic Rhodes
Palmfish description is smack on imho, with the HD 600 both these amps work very well but are just different. I have a soft spot for OTLs (headphone 300 ohms and above) but the O2 (Epiphany Audio here) and E12 are really excellent small solid state amps. Does the Crack live upto the hype, yes, add a speedball and it gets a bit special but only for headphones 300 ohms and above.
Currently using Aune T1. Wondering if I should change my DAC together too or just spend price of Objective combor or Schiit combo and invest in amp only with Aune T1 DAC. I wonder if above combo is an upgrade from Aune T1. Crack with speedball over my balls could afford. Or I guess, try hard to funding for Crack OTL at least?post #2891 of 812910/12/13 at 9:30am
I have both right now Crack with Speedball and Lyr with Bifrost Uber driving not recommended HD700 and with right set of tubes I prefer Biffrost/Crack combo over Bifrost/Lyr and yes I have Amperex Orange Globes but Buggle Boys for Lyrpost #2892 of 812910/12/13 at 2:08pmpost #2893 of 812910/12/13 at 2:17pmNot knowing what the Aune DAC sounds like, I will say I agree with Loquah.
I really havent noticed much difference between all the DACs Ive heard over the years. The only notable exception is the prototype Bottlehead DAC. It was noticeably warmer and lusher sounding than the Benchmark DAC1 I compared it to, and the DAC1 sounded the same to my ears as all of my other DACs (both discrete and built in).
Thats why Im done buying DACs - at least until I decide to start using a computer as a music source, which I have no current plans to do. If or when I do, I think an ODAC or something similar is the way I would go.post #2894 of 812910/12/13 at 3:49pm
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 46 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Apple cck not as good as USB? 1 minute ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear