So I did try to pair KENRAD 6SN7 with GEC 6AS7 and while It sounds better than paired with 5998 I still recommend to use 5814 or 12AU7 because of the way bass is presented
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
In side the box besides the headphones of course, is the 3.5m cable which allows you to plug them into wired with any source, then the USB charge cable, which is...
Introduction/Disclaimer: I would like to thank Denise with Mixcder for the opportunity to review the X5 in ear monitor headphones. They provided me a free sample in exchange for my honest...
First thing you think of when you see this is, can this really project sound in 360 degrees, When you look at it, you wouldn't think it could. But yes it does, Sound is projected from...
Acknowledgment Thank you Lear for providing this review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. This review may also be viewed on my blog, here. List Price: $65 at time of review plus...
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 193post #2881 of 851310/9/13 at 7:22am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2882 of 851310/9/13 at 8:35ampost #2883 of 851310/11/13 at 11:16pmpost #2884 of 851310/11/13 at 11:24pmpost #2885 of 851310/11/13 at 11:33pmpost #2886 of 851310/12/13 at 12:00ampost #2887 of 851310/12/13 at 1:19amQuote:
So you compared both right? Does Crack really good as they are hyped?post #2888 of 851310/12/13 at 1:21am
Has anyone used or are using a Brimar 13D5 in their Crack if so could you please share your views on it.
I am not sure if they are a 12UA7 or a direct replacement I am a bit wary of taking the "direct replacement" comments as gospel?
Cheerspost #2889 of 851310/12/13 at 5:49amQuote:
Palmfish description is smack on imho, with the HD 600 both these amps work very well but are just different. I have a soft spot for OTLs (headphone 300 ohms and above) but the O2 (Epiphany Audio here) and E12 are really excellent small solid state amps. Does the Crack live upto the hype, yes, add a speedball and it gets a bit special but only for headphones 300 ohms and above.post #2890 of 851310/12/13 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Nic Rhodes
Palmfish description is smack on imho, with the HD 600 both these amps work very well but are just different. I have a soft spot for OTLs (headphone 300 ohms and above) but the O2 (Epiphany Audio here) and E12 are really excellent small solid state amps. Does the Crack live upto the hype, yes, add a speedball and it gets a bit special but only for headphones 300 ohms and above.
Currently using Aune T1. Wondering if I should change my DAC together too or just spend price of Objective combor or Schiit combo and invest in amp only with Aune T1 DAC. I wonder if above combo is an upgrade from Aune T1. Crack with speedball over my balls could afford. Or I guess, try hard to funding for Crack OTL at least?post #2891 of 851310/12/13 at 9:30am
I have both right now Crack with Speedball and Lyr with Bifrost Uber driving not recommended HD700 and with right set of tubes I prefer Biffrost/Crack combo over Bifrost/Lyr and yes I have Amperex Orange Globes but Buggle Boys for Lyrpost #2892 of 851310/12/13 at 2:08pmpost #2893 of 851310/12/13 at 2:17pmNot knowing what the Aune DAC sounds like, I will say I agree with Loquah.
I really havent noticed much difference between all the DACs Ive heard over the years. The only notable exception is the prototype Bottlehead DAC. It was noticeably warmer and lusher sounding than the Benchmark DAC1 I compared it to, and the DAC1 sounded the same to my ears as all of my other DACs (both discrete and built in).
Thats why Im done buying DACs - at least until I decide to start using a computer as a music source, which I have no current plans to do. If or when I do, I think an ODAC or something similar is the way I would go.post #2894 of 851310/12/13 at 3:49pm
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade 3 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 8 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 37 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 40 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › 64 Audio A18 Tzar (TM) Impressions Thread (Impressions, Reviews,... 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-7200 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017 2 minutes ago
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › LEAR BTC-01 by glassmonkey
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Pro HD by Nymphonomaniac
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Delance26
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Layman1
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear