Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Crack;Bottlehead OTL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 182

post #2716 of 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by W0lfd0g View Post

It was me Palmfish via my eBay store! Posted this morning. Please let me know how you enjoy it.

Cheers

Nathan

Oh! I assumed you are in the UK.

I bought mine last Thursday from "arnold_rimmer" in Australia.
Edited by palmfish - 9/22/13 at 8:33pm
post #2717 of 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by W0lfd0g View Post

It was me Palmfish via my eBay store! Posted this morning. Please let me know how you enjoy it.

Cheers

Nathan

 

It's like you're everywhere! An omnipresent source of tubey goodness! :tongue_smile: 

post #2718 of 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post


Oh! I assumed you are in the UK.

I bought mine last Thursday from "arnold_rimmer" in Australia.

 

 

That's me! The GEC brown bases are all gone (except for the one I am keeping for myself.  Hands off!)


Edited by W0lfd0g - 9/22/13 at 9:14pm
post #2719 of 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by W0lfd0g View Post
 

 

 

That's me! The GEC brown bases are all gone (except for the one I am keeping for myself.  Hands off!)

And now I'm eagerly waiting for my arriving GEC Brown base :tongue:

 

Thank you so much Nathan!

post #2720 of 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by W0lfd0g View Post


That's me! The GEC brown bases are all gone (except for the one I am keeping for myself.  Hands off!)

Well done! Im glad to know that Nathan.

The Douglas Adams reference threw me off the scent...

beerchug.gif
post #2721 of 5865

I am selling off 95% of my Crack tubes in the form of sample packs.  Not trying to turn a profit, just distribute my stash to those who can put its constituent parts to good use. 

 

Four options: $30.00 sample pack, $60.00 sample pack, $90.00 sample pack and $150.00 sample pack.  The goal is to give people some tube rolling options at a variety of budget levels.  A way in without investing too heavily. 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/682754/tube-rolling-fest-for-crack-owners

 

If you do not think this post is appropriate advertising I am happy to remove it immediately.

 

Cheers

 

:beerchug:

 

Nathan

post #2722 of 5865

Crap! I think my newly completed SEX just made my Crack obsolete!

 

Anyone here have / had both and care to comment on your thoughts. Are there times you would choose to return to the Crack over the SEX?

 

I should add that the Crack has the Speedball and I run it with the GEC 6AS7 brown base (straight) and RCA Cleartop 12AU7 so it's about as good as a Crack can get, but the SEX just seems to have the edge in higher frequency timbre and presentation as well as overall transparency. The Crack might still have the edge in midrange thanks to the GEC tube.

post #2723 of 5865
I told you so!
post #2724 of 5865

And the Mainline will make the SEX a dust collector....

 

It never ends!  I'm blocking my ears and covering my eyes. 

post #2725 of 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by gikigill View Post

I told you so!

 

I know, but I really didn't want to believe that after pouring so much love (and $$$) into the Crack... 

:(

post #2726 of 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

I know, but I really didn't want to believe that after pouring so much love (and $$$) into the Crack... 

:(

 

SEX is a SET amp right?

post #2727 of 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by W0lfd0g View Post
 

And the Mainline will make the SEX a dust collector....

 

It never ends!  I'm blocking my ears and covering my eyes. 

Well said! ;)

post #2728 of 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

 

SEX is a SET amp right?

 

That's correct. It's very transparent, clean and offers extremely nice, large, but coherent soundstage. A slight hum is audible when the music is silent, but I expect the C4S upgrade will sort that out.

post #2729 of 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

Crap! I think my newly completed SEX just made my Crack obsolete!

 

Anyone here have / had both and care to comment on your thoughts. Are there times you would choose to return to the Crack over the SEX?

 

I should add that the Crack has the Speedball and I run it with the GEC 6AS7 brown base (straight) and RCA Cleartop 12AU7 so it's about as good as a Crack can get, but the SEX just seems to have the edge in higher frequency timbre and presentation as well as overall transparency. The Crack might still have the edge in midrange thanks to the GEC tube.

 

I own the sex and honestly it is fantastic.  If you get the C4S upgrade it will be even better and with the impedence switches it is even more convinient.  It also drives everything from low impedence to high impedence phones wonderfully.  Also the best part is I can't tube roll it.  I know it sounds strange but if I don't have a choice I can't spend money.  On the other hand finding a matched pair is a pain in the butt.  But overall I love my sex.  It sounds fantastic with my LCD2's.  

post #2730 of 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

That's correct. It's very transparent, clean and offers extremely nice, large, but coherent soundstage. A slight hum is audible when the music is silent, but I expect the C4S upgrade will sort that out.

 

Even with the C4S upgrade there will still be a little hum.  I mean it isn't noticable when music is playing but if nothing is going on it is definately there.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Crack;Bottlehead OTL