Hey guys, how would the Crack compare with the Little Dot Mk III in order to drive the HD 600/HD 650?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
- Headphone Impedance
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 172
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have the crack and a Nuforce HDP as a DAC I also plan on getting the 800s in the future and the only reason I have not bought a new DSD approved DAC yet is because I'm sure the bottlehead DAC will be a killer deal! Using HD 600s for your perspective
MILES ahead. I found the Little Dot to be lacking in warmth and it sounded a little bland when I owned it. The Crack is one of the best amps I've heard with the HD600/650.
+1 - not because I doubt it, but because I love knowing how good this beast of an amp is!!
I just finished installing the Speedball in my pre-existing Crack. I wish I could A/B it with the non-Speedball version because the sound was so good before (with GEC 6AS7G straight brown base + RCA Cleartop 12AU7) that I can't tell how much better it is .
I know it sounds ridiculously good now through the Beyer T1s, but I have no real direct comparison to be amazed by. It does seem more articulate and transparent now, but it's hard to now how much of that is in my head due to my expectations...
But for what it's worth, with the HD800s I also preferred the Crack over the following:
- ECP Audio DSHA-1
- HiFiMAN EF-6
- Schiit Mjolnir
- Violectric V181
- Fully top-of-the-line AMB Beta 22 that I sold for over $2k
- Little Dot Mk VI+ with about $600 of upgrade tubes
- etc., etc.
To be clear, I would take a stock Crack over any of the above.
It's a bonus to be able to role tubes to adjust the sound.
Haha. I take it that's a good reaction?
A few tube enthusiasts have opined to me that they found the Ken Rad 6C8G (RPs) to sound fairly similar to the (famed) Ken Rad 6SN7 (RPs). Now, I've haven't had a chance to actually hear the highly regarded 6SN7 version.. but if the sound of the 6F8G variant is any indication, the 6SN7 version must certainly be something special. The 6F8G's bass is definitely punchy and impactful.. w/ the focus being on the sub bass rather than the midbass. The treble has a smooth, balanced (in reference to the midrange) presence and good depth Treble is crisp & complimentary to the addictive bass and deep, engaging midrange. It's certainly in the top two or three favorite tubes I've rolled into the Crack.
Edited by FlySweep - 9/6/13 at 3:18pm
i took a chance on a crack + speedball that was modified by the user with caps, bypass, etc on ebay as i've wanted to try one for awhile and it's quite difficult to find a prebuilt one. i hope it works out.
could someone perhaps give me a beginner's breakdown on tube rolling? this is my first tube amp and i want to try out different tubes here and there, is it as simple as finding out the compatible tubes and purchasing it and then plugging it in? that's it?
does there need to be any synergy between the 2 tubes at all?
also what's a good dac to go with it to bring out the "tubey" sound in the $200-250 USED range, i'm currently using an odac but would that be too neutral/analytical? i was thinking maybe a music streamer ii+ or a dacport lx, they're both highly recommended on headphonia.
i'm using an hd600 currently but i plan to try to get a hd650 used in the near future.
Edited by Nowhere - 9/6/13 at 4:40am
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 seconds ago
- › shure 440 vs sony mdr 7506 9 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio or New Schiit? 44 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › SennGrado Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Planning to get the Asus Xonar Essence STX II 7.1 with Senn HD600... 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Indonesia gold mine for social networking
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3