Hey guys, how would the Crack compare with the Little Dot Mk III in order to drive the HD 600/HD 650?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
- Headphone Impedance
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 172
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have the crack and a Nuforce HDP as a DAC I also plan on getting the 800s in the future and the only reason I have not bought a new DSD approved DAC yet is because I'm sure the bottlehead DAC will be a killer deal! Using HD 600s for your perspective
MILES ahead. I found the Little Dot to be lacking in warmth and it sounded a little bland when I owned it. The Crack is one of the best amps I've heard with the HD600/650.
+1 - not because I doubt it, but because I love knowing how good this beast of an amp is!!
I just finished installing the Speedball in my pre-existing Crack. I wish I could A/B it with the non-Speedball version because the sound was so good before (with GEC 6AS7G straight brown base + RCA Cleartop 12AU7) that I can't tell how much better it is .
I know it sounds ridiculously good now through the Beyer T1s, but I have no real direct comparison to be amazed by. It does seem more articulate and transparent now, but it's hard to now how much of that is in my head due to my expectations...
But for what it's worth, with the HD800s I also preferred the Crack over the following:
- ECP Audio DSHA-1
- HiFiMAN EF-6
- Schiit Mjolnir
- Violectric V181
- Fully top-of-the-line AMB Beta 22 that I sold for over $2k
- Little Dot Mk VI+ with about $600 of upgrade tubes
- etc., etc.
To be clear, I would take a stock Crack over any of the above.
It's a bonus to be able to role tubes to adjust the sound.
Haha. I take it that's a good reaction?
A few tube enthusiasts have opined to me that they found the Ken Rad 6C8G (RPs) to sound fairly similar to the (famed) Ken Rad 6SN7 (RPs). Now, I've haven't had a chance to actually hear the highly regarded 6SN7 version.. but if the sound of the 6F8G variant is any indication, the 6SN7 version must certainly be something special. The 6F8G's bass is definitely punchy and impactful.. w/ the focus being on the sub bass rather than the midbass. The treble has a smooth, balanced (in reference to the midrange) presence and good depth Treble is crisp & complimentary to the addictive bass and deep, engaging midrange. It's certainly in the top two or three favorite tubes I've rolled into the Crack.
Edited by FlySweep - 9/6/13 at 3:18pm
i took a chance on a crack + speedball that was modified by the user with caps, bypass, etc on ebay as i've wanted to try one for awhile and it's quite difficult to find a prebuilt one. i hope it works out.
could someone perhaps give me a beginner's breakdown on tube rolling? this is my first tube amp and i want to try out different tubes here and there, is it as simple as finding out the compatible tubes and purchasing it and then plugging it in? that's it?
does there need to be any synergy between the 2 tubes at all?
also what's a good dac to go with it to bring out the "tubey" sound in the $200-250 USED range, i'm currently using an odac but would that be too neutral/analytical? i was thinking maybe a music streamer ii+ or a dacport lx, they're both highly recommended on headphonia.
i'm using an hd600 currently but i plan to try to get a hd650 used in the near future.
Edited by Nowhere - 9/6/13 at 4:40am
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Musical DAC, Flat DAC ,,,,,,what??!!!! 24 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion 1 minute ago
- › The possibility of fake akg y50 on ebay? 2 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 3 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3