- 749 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Planet Earth - Somewhere afloat on the Chesapeake Bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
- Headphone Impedance
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
OK, I'm looking at committing apostacy and install portions of the crack speedball kit into my WA3. The two amps are very similar, with exception of maybe the B+ and tube bias points. They both use 6AS7 output tubes with simple cathode follower resistor bias...crack with 3K and WA3 with 1.5K. My question is if the speedball instructions contain enough information for me to choose proper resistor values to match my current Woo bias? With 193V on my plate, I'm seeing about 35V on the cathode. Thoughts?
Thoughts? You probably wont find much help here on the matter, but you should check out this thread: LINK
I'm no DIYer, have no tools, and no electronics fabrication or soldering skills. My Crack was built by someone else (who did a supreme job BTW!). My solution was to buy a pair of Harrison Labs 12dB line-level attenuators. They'll be here on Friday, so I don't have long to wait to see if they do the trick without compromising sound quality.
Can you tell me who build your amp? I'm new to this forum. Just got a pair of HD650, a step up from Audio Technica M50. I am interested in this crack amp but I am too not a DIY person... Thanks!
Check out the Amplification For Sale Forum here, and your PM.
Been toying with the idea of getting an HE-500 recently however I don't really have an amp to drive them (Nuforce HDP, Crack). If any of you own the Crack and the 500s can you give the combo a green light?
Thanks in advance for the help.
No! Red light, flashing lights, helicopters overhead, children screaming, mothers running away with baby strollers, some open mouthed fat guy dropping a hotdog.
Not the Crack, no... but the HDP should be good to go.
I don't have an HE-500, but I have an HE-6 and the HDP does surprisingly well with it. If it can handle the HE-6, I think the HE-500 will be ok. If not, it will still be enjoyable and you can always upgrade later.
I actually have my HDP feeding into the Nuforce Icon speaker amp to drive my HE-6. It's a nice little combo.
No. The crack is optimized for high voltage. The HE-500 need high current. Build the Smack or Sex (or any number of other fine designs), but not the Crack for this headphone.
I haven't heard the Crack, but I do have a S.E.X. and it does wonderful things with my LCD-2s and with the HE-500s I originally auditioned it on. It also does a very good job with my HD650s and HD800s. I am thinking about building a Crack just to compare the two.
I've tried some 6SN7 tubes with an adapter. Very, pleased with the sound. To me they seemed to open up the soundstage. Kind of a "bigger" sound. I have an old Motorola in there now.
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Trickle Chargers 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Need help looking for Themes/Songs like these 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 7 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM "Fabolous Ears" (Fabs) from Berlin, Germany 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)