I am wondering if I can use my Audioengine D1 as the dac through the RCA's out the back and into the Crack?? would that work I don know if the RCA's out are amplified or not or if it matters??
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction The portable on-ear or over-the-ear headphone market is, I admit, not something that I’m especially familiar with. I recognize that there is a strong bias towards...
Accutone Taurus Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828106/accutone-taurus-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Remax RM305M Aluminum Earbud Here is the $10 Remax Earbud, just as sexy as your high school's homecoming queen. Though lost in the rush of new products from China this year, I learned about it...
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 85
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1262 of 79779/7/12 at 3:04pm
I do not believe that the D1's volume control affects the RCAs - so you could use it as a line out to the Crack without dealing with double volume pots..post #1263 of 79779/7/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
Any way to test it real quick?I dont have speakers with rca plugs
Edited by Kajun - 9/7/12 at 7:05pmpost #1264 of 79779/7/12 at 7:04pmpost #1265 of 79779/15/12 at 9:54ampost #1266 of 79779/15/12 at 10:00ampost #1267 of 79779/15/12 at 10:11ampost #1268 of 79779/15/12 at 10:14amQuote:Originally Posted by .Sup
Thanks long! In hours about 8. As impatient of a person I am I expected to be done sooner but decided before starting to take is slowly and reliably. That's why I had no problems, at least not from my work. Dead silent all the way. So I worked for 3 days. The stock front tube left channel didn't work properly so I had to wait 2 weeks for a new tube from ebay. Then another day to install Speedball and another day to paint it.
Looks like your patience paid off. How is the sound?post #1269 of 79779/15/12 at 10:33ampost #1270 of 79779/15/12 at 10:45ampost #1271 of 79779/15/12 at 10:48am
I don't feel a need to a get another amp now, just desire to have more. Will you build one 2 long?post #1272 of 79779/15/12 at 11:59am
Looks like a nice build .Sup. Did you do much listening before you put in the Speedball? or did you pretty much just install it right away?post #1273 of 79779/15/12 at 12:20pmpost #1274 of 79779/15/12 at 1:28pmpost #1275 of 79779/18/12 at 7:54pmJust found this thread and the amp itself - so forgive if this has been asked before.
What would be the factory equiv. of the crack?
I am new to the world of quality audio and therefore treading the path carefully & slowly. Would I be 'wasting' money on the Crack for Q701?
I have never soldered a board before and know nothing of resistances etc - is this our of my legue?
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › JDS Labs Element 7 seconds ago
- › Tip for ~$250 budget: Best Portable DAC/Amp now, used as DAC only... 34 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 1 minute ago
- › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Possible good pairing to go with Beyerdynamic tesla t1 headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › JDS ELEMENT + EL DAC V1 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear