I am wondering if I can use my Audioengine D1 as the dac through the RCA's out the back and into the Crack?? would that work I don know if the RCA's out are amplified or not or if it matters??
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 85
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1262 of 83189/7/12 at 3:04pm
I do not believe that the D1's volume control affects the RCAs - so you could use it as a line out to the Crack without dealing with double volume pots..post #1263 of 83189/7/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
Any way to test it real quick?I dont have speakers with rca plugs
Edited by Kajun - 9/7/12 at 7:05pmpost #1264 of 83189/7/12 at 7:04pmpost #1265 of 83189/15/12 at 9:54ampost #1266 of 83189/15/12 at 10:00ampost #1267 of 83189/15/12 at 10:11ampost #1268 of 83189/15/12 at 10:14amQuote:Originally Posted by .Sup
Thanks long! In hours about 8. As impatient of a person I am I expected to be done sooner but decided before starting to take is slowly and reliably. That's why I had no problems, at least not from my work. Dead silent all the way. So I worked for 3 days. The stock front tube left channel didn't work properly so I had to wait 2 weeks for a new tube from ebay. Then another day to install Speedball and another day to paint it.
Looks like your patience paid off. How is the sound?post #1269 of 83189/15/12 at 10:33ampost #1270 of 83189/15/12 at 10:45ampost #1271 of 83189/15/12 at 10:48am
I don't feel a need to a get another amp now, just desire to have more. Will you build one 2 long?post #1272 of 83189/15/12 at 11:59am
Looks like a nice build .Sup. Did you do much listening before you put in the Speedball? or did you pretty much just install it right away?post #1273 of 83189/15/12 at 12:20pmpost #1274 of 83189/15/12 at 1:28pmpost #1275 of 83189/18/12 at 7:54pmJust found this thread and the amp itself - so forgive if this has been asked before.
What would be the factory equiv. of the crack?
I am new to the world of quality audio and therefore treading the path carefully & slowly. Would I be 'wasting' money on the Crack for Q701?
I have never soldered a board before and know nothing of resistances etc - is this our of my legue?
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › ((t:h:e)) LoSt LovE baCK 91 9799592658 black magic exper molviji 7 seconds ago
- › 【≽+91=9772572547≼】=online!!!~Black maGic for love SpeciAList Baba ji 17 seconds ago
- › 【≽ᔕᕼｉᐯ ≼】91-9958802839 blaCk mAgIc SpeCIaLIsT bABa ji cape town 38 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › BlaCk MaGic【≽+91=9772572547≼】=online!!!~MuThkaRni spEciaList Baba ji 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Advanced Acousticwerkes US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - W900, W500, plus... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 4 minutes ago
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear