- 112 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] ECCI PR401 Last post on 2/22/12 at 1:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- M9 or ECCI PR300? Last post on 9/20/10 at 12:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- PR100 compared to EP-630 Last post on 9/11/10 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is currently the best gym IEM for +/- $30 ? Last post on 7/1/10 at 12:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- earphones with more rumble? Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
Review: ECCI PR100 and PR200 - Cyclone's Fresh Start - Page 2post #16 of 393/7/10 at 7:08pmUnfortunately the peakiness in lower treble will keep me away, but it's probably for the best if the whole sound spectrum is still laid back.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 393/8/10 at 2:58amThread StarterAdded a short comparison vs the PR1 Pro, which is what everyone seems to be after anyway. It's a moot point now since the PR1 is sold out even at Gyratech.
Maybe it's a temporary thing but I really feel like there's a place for these in the market despite their flaws. The balance is just superb. Listening to the PR100s side-by-side with the ThinkSound Thunders really reveals the flaws of the Thunders - smallish soundstage, slightly recessed mids, rough/grainy treble, etc. Of course the thunders are pricier and boast a bit more clarity, transparency, detail, etc. But I actually prefer the overall auditory experience as given by the cheaper ECCIs.post #18 of 393/8/10 at 3:01amQuote:Joker, thanks for your precise answers, those ECCI look interesting but i should probably refrain from buying them since i already have enough cheap-and-cheerful chinese IEMs in my possession... I will probably consider getting them when the Pr1pro finally die on me, if no other bang-for-buck phenomenon pops up until thenpost #19 of 393/8/10 at 4:40ampost #20 of 393/8/10 at 6:07ampost #21 of 393/8/10 at 2:27pmThread Starterpost #22 of 393/9/10 at 12:02ampost #23 of 393/9/10 at 4:47ampost #24 of 393/11/10 at 3:52pmpost #25 of 393/12/10 at 3:30pmThread Starterpost #26 of 393/18/10 at 9:10ampost #27 of 393/18/10 at 3:38pmThread StarterActually, I think it's the PL30 that's a bit warm and not the PR100 that's cold . Stock tips are indeed a little tight. You may want to try the Soundmagic foamhybrids with them if they fit you.post #28 of 399/9/10 at 11:26pmpost #29 of 399/10/10 at 1:19amThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by grunt12g
I was just thinking of buying these. I just have a question. what does the cable feel like? Is it feel like rubber or does it feel like plastic? It's just a thing I have with cables.
It's somewhere between the two, perhaps a bit more plastic than rubber, but it's a sturdy and flexible cord. I rather like it. If you want a really rubbery cord you may want to check out the newer PR300.post #30 of 399/10/10 at 2:14pm
I just got a pr100. cant wait for it to come. I'm just concerned about the plastic sheath. Is there a chance of it coming apart? Like sliding off and exposing the wires?
Edited by grunt12g - 9/14/10 at 11:16pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: ECCI PR100 and PR200 - Cyclone's Fresh Start
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 24 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 24 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 55 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3