- 112 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] ECCI PR401 Last post on 2/22/12 at 1:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- M9 or ECCI PR300? Last post on 9/20/10 at 12:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- PR100 compared to EP-630 Last post on 9/11/10 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is currently the best gym IEM for +/- $30 ? Last post on 7/1/10 at 12:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Make Any HeadRoom Purchase until Dec.20, Get Entered for FREE Shure SE535!! Last post on 12/5/12 at 2:59pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Review: ECCI PR100 and PR200 - Cyclone's Fresh Start - Page 2post #16 of 393/7/10 at 7:08pmUnfortunately the peakiness in lower treble will keep me away, but it's probably for the best if the whole sound spectrum is still laid back.post #17 of 393/8/10 at 2:58amThread StarterAdded a short comparison vs the PR1 Pro, which is what everyone seems to be after anyway. It's a moot point now since the PR1 is sold out even at Gyratech.
Maybe it's a temporary thing but I really feel like there's a place for these in the market despite their flaws. The balance is just superb. Listening to the PR100s side-by-side with the ThinkSound Thunders really reveals the flaws of the Thunders - smallish soundstage, slightly recessed mids, rough/grainy treble, etc. Of course the thunders are pricier and boast a bit more clarity, transparency, detail, etc. But I actually prefer the overall auditory experience as given by the cheaper ECCIs.post #18 of 393/8/10 at 3:01amQuote:Joker, thanks for your precise answers, those ECCI look interesting but i should probably refrain from buying them since i already have enough cheap-and-cheerful chinese IEMs in my possession... I will probably consider getting them when the Pr1pro finally die on me, if no other bang-for-buck phenomenon pops up until thenpost #19 of 393/8/10 at 4:40ampost #20 of 393/8/10 at 6:07ampost #21 of 393/8/10 at 2:27pmThread Starterpost #22 of 393/9/10 at 12:02ampost #23 of 393/9/10 at 4:47ampost #24 of 393/11/10 at 3:52pmpost #25 of 393/12/10 at 3:30pmThread Starterpost #26 of 393/18/10 at 9:10ampost #27 of 393/18/10 at 3:38pmThread StarterActually, I think it's the PL30 that's a bit warm and not the PR100 that's cold . Stock tips are indeed a little tight. You may want to try the Soundmagic foamhybrids with them if they fit you.post #28 of 399/9/10 at 11:26pmpost #29 of 399/10/10 at 1:19amThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by grunt12g
I was just thinking of buying these. I just have a question. what does the cable feel like? Is it feel like rubber or does it feel like plastic? It's just a thing I have with cables.
It's somewhere between the two, perhaps a bit more plastic than rubber, but it's a sturdy and flexible cord. I rather like it. If you want a really rubbery cord you may want to check out the newer PR300.post #30 of 399/10/10 at 2:14pm
I just got a pr100. cant wait for it to come. I'm just concerned about the plastic sheath. Is there a chance of it coming apart? Like sliding off and exposing the wires?
Edited by grunt12g - 9/14/10 at 11:16pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: ECCI PR100 and PR200 - Cyclone's Fresh Start
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Westone W20 or W30? 8 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 7 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 7 minutes ago
- › Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads 13 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 13 minutes ago
- › $500 DAC; Shciit Biforst Uber upgrade or Audio-GD NFB 3 13 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › About to buy first pair of IEMs - RHA MA750s 14 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)