Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Top-Tier Universal IEM Comparison Chart, Frequency Response Charts, & Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Top-Tier Universal IEM Comparison Chart, Frequency Response Charts, & Discussion - Page 4

post #46 of 785
im against IE8 since it has that wild and loose bass.
post #47 of 785
If someone was to offer to give you something, and you had two choices, one which was selling for $400 and one which was selling for $100 but was originally $400 which one would you consider to be the better product?
post #48 of 785
as someone who hasn't heard any of these phones, the word "detail" doesn't help much to explain their sound. At this level, I'm expecting all of these phones to be "detailed". I think you should only reserve the "detail" description to the top 2 or 3 in detail, be more specific about detail (treble detail? bass detail, etc), or not use the term on any of the phones.

Follow up: I can see detail being a point of controversy as to which have the most, so I would rather just have more specific descriptions and toss out detail.
post #49 of 785

Answers in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post



While I do think the FX500 competes with some songs, I think it is totally outclassed in others and is a hit or miss IEM. I can add it to the list, and it will be easier when I have two categories. I personally feel it would be a step below the "near top-tier" IEMs. Other opinions are welcome!


wow,really?it easily beats the ck10 and ie8 in timbre,bass and portraying instruments correctly.it also on par with the ck10 in detail,clarity and transperancy so if the ck10 is considered to be top tier iem,then the fx500 should be above it because it has better qualities.i am also not sure what do you mean by "outclassed" or "is a hit or miss"!outclassed by which iem and in what area?i think this one deserves a clean debat between you and me because i wont let it go






And I agree...I am trying to create the "top-tier" based on how the IEMs do things technically, not if people like their sound signature. I personally don't like the sound sig of the TF10 or SE530, but if they are true top-tier, so be it.
EXACTLY.Technically fx500 does things much better than other iems just like the se530 excels in midrange,fx500 excels in a couple more areas so just as you said sound signature and whether you like it or not shouldnt affect the iem UNIQUE quality.
.
post #50 of 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by knubbe View Post
If someone was to offer to give you something, and you had two choices, one which was selling for $400 and one which was selling for $100 but was originally $400 which one would you consider to be the better product?
based on prices alone (esp a one-day insanely good deal, but not likely to be replicated in the near future), neither
post #51 of 785
Logitech did make changes to the internals of the new triple.fis, so that point of value vs price in a product with a price drop is partially moot in the case of the TF10, and everything has to be compared at street price, or the average going price. That for the W3 is about $300, for example.
I think that every IEM should be reviewed for what it is worth, so in the case of the TF10, about $150. If it still deserves to be a top tier, then so be it, but with Logitech being cheap and changing the internals to give a better price, it doesn't surprise me if the TF10 no longer deserves to be classified as a top tier IEM.
post #52 of 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post
I actually really like my Super.fi 5 Pros, and think they sound better stock than the TF10s as they are more balanced and less extreme sounding. I think they have a naming issue as they get confused with the non-Pro, and the EB versions, which are not in the same league as the SP5 Pro at all IMHO. They are now discontinued but are still available at a good price; I was going to get rid of them when my custom TF11s arrive, but I may keep them as a universal, even if they hiss with certain amps and look weird and have fit issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by iponderous View Post
In your opinion of course.
Entirely unnecessary comment if you understand the term "I ... think"
post #53 of 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan961 View Post
Logitech did make changes to the internals of the new triple.fis, so that point of value vs price in a product with a price drop is partially moot in the case of the TF10, and everything has to be compared at street price, or the average going price. That for the W3 is about $300, for example.
I think that every IEM should be reviewed for what it is worth, so in the case of the TF10, about $150. If it still deserves to be a top tier, then so be it, but with Logitech being cheap and changing the internals to give a better price, it doesn't surprise me if the TF10 no longer deserves to be classified as a top tier IEM.
I was curious about what they changed inside the TF10. I'm just wondering if the old sounds better than the new, I happened to get mine from a Head-fier who got them from the amazon sale. Hope I'm not missing something here. Thanks in advance for your reply.
post #54 of 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by midoo1990 View Post
wow,really?it easily beats the ck10 and ie8 in timbre,bass and portraying instruments correctly.it also on par with the ck10 in detail,clarity and transperancy so if the ck10 is considered to be top tier iem,then the fx500 should be above it because it has better qualities.i am also not sure what do you mean by "outclassed" or "is a hit or miss"!outclassed by which iem and in what area?i think this one deserves a clean debat between you and me because i wont let it go

EXACTLY.Technically fx500 does things much better than other iems just like the se530 excels in midrange,fx500 excels in a couple more areas so just as you said sound signature and whether you like it or not shouldnt affect the iem UNIQUE quality.
erm no, you may like the FX500 but in no way is it top tier or really any where close to it
post #55 of 785
ethan, how did logitech change the triple fi compared to pre logitech triple fi?
post #56 of 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post
ethan, how did logitech change the triple fi compared to pre logitech triple fi?
I would like to know this as well. I love my Triple.Fis
post #57 of 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
erm no, you may like the FX500 but in no way is it top tier or really any where close to it
+1
post #58 of 785

Copper

If you mean best of the best, I'll throw my hat in for the MTP Copper, which I just chose over the IE8's (sold on the FS forum(.

RE the Copper, I disagree that they have a problem with transparency and am shocked that anyone would find the bass to be too much. They are really fluid, sweet but revealing phones. And the bass just sounds real. Not big, though.
post #59 of 785
^^^ are your bass comments on the ie8, or copper?
post #60 of 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by the search never ends View Post
^^^ are your bass comments on the ie8, or copper?
On the copper. I thought that was in your grid as a weakness.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Top-Tier Universal IEM Comparison Chart, Frequency Response Charts, & Discussion