New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motorcycle-Fi - Page 15

post #211 of 395

252570_10150192078745841_668670840_7218725_7978849_n.jpg

 

My R6 with the new gnarly Level One Racing slip on exhuast.

 

GAWWD is this thing LOUUUUDDD!!!! 

 

I am shopping for ear buds ..but man does it spread a smile on my face when i open it up. :)

 

 

Ride out to Hagg lake earlier in the week.

 

IMG_0400.jpg?t=1306299914


Edited by sachu - 5/29/11 at 11:07am
post #212 of 395

252452_137043613037902_100001967932602_254069_3641814_n.jpg

 

OH YER!! MINES BETTER THAN YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!

 

50cc 1982 famel mirage 75, zundapp engine, portugese. great runner.

i only have a 125 license, so that sucks, been riding for a couple of months.


Edited by ostewart - 6/24/11 at 8:28am
post #213 of 395

@sachu, your second picture looks like a great day out. it's always harder to ride in a large group, but it has it's rewards. Lots of brake and clutch work, and alternating the bikes in the lane. Next year I am going to Americade in Lake George. It would be every true biker's "a bad day on the motorcycle, is better than a good day at work".

 

At the end of last season, I had my upper flies removed on my ZX-14, installed some Rizomo reservoirs for the brake and clutch, and installed a Power Commander V.

It took an insanely fast bike and made it even more insane. It's not a whole lot of fun, when you accelerate less than an inch, and you see your wife's boots up around your ears. eek.gif.

You learned to control your throttle usage when you have so much power, but the problem is, when you hit a really bad bump, and get jarred backwards, it causes you to turn the throttle, un-willingly which can lift the front wheel or make you accelerate when you don't really want too.

 

It takes some getting used to. It's like being a dictator of a 3rd world country, and doing things you wouldn't normally do.

 

Explaining power like that, at your fingertips, is like tying to explain a migraine to someone whose never had one. You gotta be there. It's not for everyone, but it sure is for me! smile.gif

post #214 of 395

Sort of redefines "easy to ride".  I know because the KTM SuperMoto T is so technical that I work all the time, but it's all good. :))

post #215 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker View Post

@sachu, your second picture looks like a great day out. it's always harder to ride in a large group, but it has it's rewards. Lots of brake and clutch work, and alternating the bikes in the lane. Next year I am going to Americade in Lake George. It would be every true biker's "a bad day on the motorcycle, is better than a good day at work".

 

At the end of last season, I had my upper flies removed on my ZX-14, installed some Rizomo reservoirs for the brake and clutch, and installed a Power Commander V.

It took an insanely fast bike and made it even more insane. It's not a whole lot of fun, when you accelerate less than an inch, and you see your wife's boots up around your ears. eek.gif.

You learned to control your throttle usage when you have so much power, but the problem is, when you hit a really bad bump, and get jarred backwards, it causes you to turn the throttle, un-willingly which can lift the front wheel or make you accelerate when you don't really want too.

 

It takes some getting used to. It's like being a dictator of a 3rd world country, and doing things you wouldn't normally do.

 

Explaining power like that, at your fingertips, is like tying to explain a migraine to someone whose never had one. You gotta be there. It's not for everyone, but it sure is for me! smile.gif



yeha am no fan of riding in large groups.

 

pic from yesterday's group with a couple of my buddies. They were running a more mellow pace. I was a few minutes ahead of them but still taking turns at 60-70% and not riding balls out. 

Very nice ride along the Nestucca river to Pacific City on the coast. 

 

Good beer and food at the Pelican brew pub and a safe ride back via HWY 6.

 

261384_200129276701482_100001132330187_553832_7321618_n.jpg

 


Edited by sachu - 6/27/11 at 11:59am
post #216 of 395

Haven't been on the forum for a while.

 

Don't remember if the last time I was on if I had posted my latest addition.  But I'll start from oldest and go to the newest:

 

1989 Yamaha FZR 400

 

bikepics-206849-full.jpg

 

2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

 

P1010783.jpg

 

And my latest purchase:

 

2009 Ducati 848

 

P1010841.jpg

 

And me at the track:

 

kcodemay-06617.jpg

 

 

post #217 of 395

frack..all those bikes are awesome!! Totally dig the yammy and the 848. Draggerating that knee too i see in that last piic with the duc....nice!! Usually you only see them parked outside a stabux with a big fat chicken strips!! biggrin.gif

 

I just bought a A* single piece suit, a real helmet (arai) and A* boots. Working my way up to doing a track day either July 11th at PIR or just wait till next month to do a 2 day weekend at ORP. Super stoked about it!!

 

You still have the yammy and the zx?


Edited by sachu - 6/29/11 at 11:39am
post #218 of 395


I still own all the bikes I mentioned.  The last pic was a pic from when I was at the California Superbike School at VIR.  The bike is the BMW S1000RR.  I haven't decided whether I'll do any track days with the 848...although it has all the suspension upgrades except the 30mm offset triples, rear track link, and a steering damper.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachu View Post

frack..all those bikes are awesome!! Totally dig the yammy and the 848. Draggerating that knee too i see in that last piic with the duc....nice!! Usually you only see them parked outside a stabux with a big fat chicken strips!! biggrin.gif

 

I just bought a A* single piece suit, a real helmet (arai) and A* boots. Working my way up to doing a track day either July 11th at PIR or just wait till next month to do a 2 day weekend at ORP. Super stoked about it!!

 

You still have the yammy and the zx?



 

post #219 of 395

Bike.jpg

My new toy - 2007 Honda CBR600RR :)

post #220 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post

Haven't been on the forum for a while.

 

2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

 

P1010783.jpg

 

And my latest purchase:

 

2009 Ducati 848

 

P1010841.jpg

 

And me at the track:

 

kcodemay-06617.jpg

 

 

Luv the BMW's at the California Superbike school. Going back to NJ Motorsorts Track in August (nothing as smelly as riding full leathers for 12 hours, with your heart

pounding all day ion the middle of August). Next year I'm going to do it in May.

 

Huge advances between the 90's ZX-11 and the current 14, but I wanted to know, which bike takes the twisties better… The ZX-10 or the 848. Also, which one is more comfortable, overall?

Those BMW's are amazing beyond words.
 

 

post #221 of 395

AM so jealous..wish i could go to the california superbike school too!!  Never seen one of them bemers around here. Sharp looking :)

 

I just received my first ever singple piece leathers..man these power ranger suits are tough to get in but even TOUGHER to get out of ! :P

 

It owuld help if i dropped a few pounds, but my shoulders seem a tad too wide for this suit. 

post #222 of 395

A few of my recent machines: 

 

Ronhonda.jpgFZ1e-1.jpgFleet3.JPG

 

 

post #223 of 395

Always wanted a V-Star since they came out. The only naked bike I'd be interested in.

post #224 of 395

I'm considering going back again for the one day session at either NJ Motorsports or VIR in August too.  I already did the 2 day camp this year at VIR.

 

So the two machines are definitely different animals.  The 848 being a V-twin does have a linear power delivery.  But even though it's a relatively decent sized V-twin, my older 10 still pulls much more effortlessly in any gear.  Cornering, I'm still getting used to the 848 in terms of seating position and frame layout.  Some prefer the slimmer dimensions of the Ducatis, especially the narrow tank.  But I'm mixed with this.  Having ridden mostly I4s, I'm used to a wider tank.  I find it allows me to get a better lock on the tank and braking is less work as I don't find myself having to squeeze as hard with my thighs to keep from sliding forward.  Cornering, the Ducati is much more predictable in corners even before the suspension mods I did over my 10.  But it's weird.  I find myself still more comfortable on the 10 despite the better cornering potential of the 848 with all the Ohlins suspension mods.  I have the 25mm Ohlins cartridge mod on the Showa forks along with having Dan Kyle polish the fork tubes to reduce stiction.  The rear has the Ohlins TTX shock and both the forks and shock have the appropriate spring for my body weight.  Where as the 10 is still running on the stock suspension and factory settings.  I haven't had the chance to take it to the local suspension shop to have the suspension dialed in.  I'll probably eventually upgrade the rear shock on the 10 and have the forks rebuilt with better valving along with the appropriate springs.  But getting back to the 848.  I do find myself doing things I wouldn't do with the 10 on the street.  I was taking this highway fly over ramp that takes me off one highway and onto another.  I took that ramp at about 80 MPH leaned over and was passing cars on the two lane ramp both doing a left turn and then a right when the ramp merged to the other highway.  I don't think I would have even tried this on the 10 even though the 10 has fresher rubber than the 848.  I'm still using the original tires with about 7100 miles on them.

 

I guess in summary.  I do tend to take the 848 out more now as it's just easier to do where it sits in my garage.  I also want to get more seat time to gain some more mental confidence with the current setup.  But I'm also reminded how much fun my 10 is also when I do take it out.  It really does boil down to what mood I'm in when I decide to ride.  It'll probably get even more complicated when I get around to putting up a shed in my back yard to get more storage space.  When that happens, I'll probably end up with some sort of cruiser/sport tourer.  Been kicking around the idea of maybe another Duc....Diavel.  Too bad Suzuki stopped bringing in the B King to the US market.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker View Post



Luv the BMW's at the California Superbike school. Going back to NJ Motorsorts Track in August (nothing as smelly as riding full leathers for 12 hours, with your heart

pounding all day ion the middle of August). Next year I'm going to do it in May.

 

Huge advances between the 90's ZX-11 and the current 14, but I wanted to know, which bike takes the twisties better… The ZX-10 or the 848. Also, which one is more comfortable, overall?

Those BMW's are amazing beyond words.
 

 



 

post #225 of 395

It doesn't have to be just going to CSS.  You should investigate other track schools around your area.  I would say the best money spent is on training.  It cracks me up when I read on various forums where people complain about needing more power.  I can see in some applications it might be warranted.  But I find that many times these same people are just using the HP as a crutch for their lack of corner speed entry and exit.  The best mod one can make is to improve the nut that connects the handle bars to the seat.  I've learned so much since doing the CSS classes.  This was in addition to doing the obligatory MSF BRC.  I also did the MSF ERC before doing the CSS schools.  Many times people are better off keeping their current bikes than to upgrade to a "better" bike and then taking the money they would have spent on a new bike into some schooling.

 

As far as the leathers go, you should also consider two piece leathers.  The set I am wearing is a two piece setup.  Makes getting in and out of the gear very easy.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachu View Post

AM so jealous..wish i could go to the california superbike school too!!  Never seen one of them bemers around here. Sharp looking :)

 

I just received my first ever singple piece leathers..man these power ranger suits are tough to get in but even TOUGHER to get out of ! :P

 

It owuld help if i dropped a few pounds, but my shoulders seem a tad too wide for this suit. 



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home