Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Head-Fi and HDtracks (David Chesky) Collaborate to Assemble A Headphone System Test Album!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Head-Fi and HDtracks (David Chesky) Collaborate to Assemble A Headphone System Test Album! - Page 7

post #91 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by insyte View Post
Wow this is great, reviews using these tracks would be easier to relate to
It will be the case, if they stick to this compilation only and not get greedy and release any more albums for the same purpose.
post #92 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalraiker View Post
Hi

Thanks dude, but check your PM..
post #93 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe zeenuts View Post
Hi

Thanks dude, but check your PM..
I could burn you a copy if you need considering we both are in Melbourne.
post #94 of 274
Thanks for the Offer mate...
post #95 of 274
If anyone needs help converting 24/96 to 16/44.1...

1. Download and extract eac3to to a folder.
2. Open command prompt in folder or create batch file using command

eac3to input.flac output.flac -down16 -resampleTo44100 -lowpriority

3. done

PS: can use -resampleTo48000 if you want 16/48
post #96 of 274
I'm in like Flynn.
post #97 of 274
Done...very cool.
post #98 of 274
Very cool idea and very generous of Chesky to offer this! Thanks, Jude!

I'm planning to download the hi-rez version. Does anyone know if it is possible to burn the 24/96 to DVD-A format so I can put it into my DVD-A player? My DAC will support 24/96... that is when I grt around to finishing building it. So if it's possible to burn to DVD-A, I could start enjoying it now.

I hope everyone takes the opportunity to download this. It sounds like the ideal tool to evaluate gear.
post #99 of 274
Awesome! Just about every playlist I have made for the past couple of years has had one or more tunes from a Chesky album, especially headphone test albums, so this is most welcome...

BUT, HDTracks only sells to US residents.

I cheated and changed my state to California and it is letting me download, but still, it's like every FS I've seen which I'm interested in which is "ConUS only".
post #100 of 274
Thanks for setting this up Jude. I have been a consistently satisfied customer of HDtracks for the past few months. I think I found out about HDtracks from a previous thread here (Head-Fi). I use Mediamonkey to burn HD tracks to disc with no problems. Just one more perk of being a Head-Fi member. Keep it up!
post #101 of 274
Very cool. I'm downloading the files now.
post #102 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
Awesome! Just about every playlist I have made for the past couple of years has had one or more tunes from a Chesky album, especially headphone test albums, so this is most welcome...

BUT, HDTracks only sells to US residents.

I cheated and changed my state to California and it is letting me download, but still, it's like every FS I've seen which I'm interested in which is "ConUS only".
I live in UK and had no problem. Just make sure you have a Paypal account.
post #103 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
Awesome! Just about every playlist I have made for the past couple of years has had one or more tunes from a Chesky album, especially headphone test albums, so this is most welcome...

BUT, HDTracks only sells to US residents.

I cheated and changed my state to California and it is letting me download, but still, it's like every FS I've seen which I'm interested in which is "ConUS only".
Noticed the same the last time. But using paypal it worked.

btw most of these recordings are to perfect. Perfection is booring, so clean.
post #104 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrywild View Post
If anyone needs help converting 24/96 to 16/44.1...

1. Download and extract eac3to to a folder.
2. Open command prompt in folder or create batch file using command

eac3to input.flac output.flac -down16 -resampleTo44100 -lowpriority

3. done

PS: can use -resampleTo48000 if you want 16/48
Thank you!
I will try that when I am back at home.
When I use Winamp to do it for me I still get ca. 200MB of size per each file, so I think it does not work how I expect it to
post #105 of 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post
Noticed the same the last time. But using paypal it worked.

btw most of these recordings are to perfect. Perfection is booring, so clean.
Thanks for the tip. I wanted to avoid using Paypal any more than I have to.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Head-Fi and HDtracks (David Chesky) Collaborate to Assemble A Headphone System Test Album!