Mic no workee... so I am going to see what they will do to fix.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/24/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/28/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 9/28/10
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 3/10/11
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 9/28/10
- brandShuretagged by System, 9/28/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- JH Audio custom IEMs comfort level Last post on 8/9/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi! Please recommend some custom IEM's for this newbie . . . . Last post on 8/5/11 at 2:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JHA lost JH16 & UE11 UPDATE Last post on 3/31/11 at 2:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM between $40-$75 - basshead Last post on 9/14/10 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
iPhone cable (with mic) for UE or JH IEM's - Page 8post #106 of 1397/7/13 at 12:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1397/20/13 at 10:24pm
same here, the center button on the iPhone control got wonky. would randomly press by itself. when I would use the camera with the cable connected, iphone would take pictures on its own. music would randomly pause by itself. kept getting progressively worse.
i have sent back to them for repair (at my own expense).
post #108 of 1397/22/13 at 9:50amQuote:Originally Posted by neozecat
Anyone did try this and can give feedback ?
I want these. Next extra spending money my wife lets me spend I'll snag a pair and report back. I'm still using my TF10 cables, but I would like volume buttons.
I just spent a few grand on a massage chair, so i'll have to catch her in the right mood.post #109 of 1397/23/13 at 6:51ampost #110 of 1397/29/13 at 9:21am
My Ultimate Ears cables came in, and so I have used my trusty dremmel to remove the soft plastic sleeve:
The buttons are fantastic, Mic works fine
I will say that my initial feeling is that the memory wire on these, and the angle of the exit arent great. Ill follow up later to see if I have managed to tame them...
Edited by JeremyLaurenson - 7/30/13 at 5:30pmpost #111 of 1397/29/13 at 10:26amSubscribed. Not sure why these cables are so rare or hard to make. Seems easy enough to make a 3-button remote for regular IEMs but for some reason the CIEM ones always screw up :Spost #112 of 1397/29/13 at 1:36pmpost #113 of 1397/29/13 at 5:45pmQuote:
It's because cIEMs are marketed towards professionals/enthusiasts. Now, with the "Head-Fi effect" (sort of like the Top Gear effect where the feature car in an episode has an explosion of sales, if reviewed positively) cIEMs are becoming more desired and accessible. Personally, I don't use Microphone integrated cables as I feel that creates one more thing that can go wrong and I prefer the aesthetics and benefits of aftermarket OCC cables, such as DHC primarily.post #114 of 1397/30/13 at 3:51pmAt this point I would go with the UE cable and do some trimming. I have ordered two separate eBay cables both of which are physically great but quality was bad with the remote/mic. I like the fact that on eBay I can get a set with flat cables, good IEM-side connectors as well as the better over-the-ear solutions such as the "memory tubing"... but each and every one had a bad iPhone control with non working mic and within a few days random "button presses" and very mushy buttons.
My guess is that Apple has a tight control on these things and that the eBay folks are essentially getting reject controls through the black market.
The UE cable is pretty basic (I removed the memory wire) but the control is MUCH better than the eBay stuff.
If you do buy a custom on eBay be sure to test it - I went so far as to write an iOS app that tests that the iPhone detects a working mic is attached... since the eBay folks "tested" without knowing the audio was actually being picked up from the iPhone internal mic. (App is called MiCheck - dm me for a freebie code for the App store)
Edited by JeremyLaurenson - 7/30/13 at 5:34pmpost #115 of 1397/31/13 at 9:59pmpost #116 of 1397/31/13 at 10:42pm
Jeremy - You might want to check the polarity of that UE cable. I've seen some mention that that UERM pins are wired opposite of the JH pins which would mean that cable is 180 degrees out of phase.post #117 of 1398/1/13 at 12:48pmpost #118 of 1398/1/13 at 1:03pm
Excellent - that is good to hear! It is an excellent cable too. I use it with my UERM. I like that the connector can work with most iPhone cases compared to all the other oversized connectors.post #119 of 1398/2/13 at 4:48am
I think I am going to replace the IEM connectors with ones from PlusSound (http://www.plussoundaudio.com/diy/connectors.html) but I am wondering if anyone knows where I could also source the over-the-ear tubing that this uses:
The tubing has no memory wire, its "memory tubing" which I REALLY like.post #120 of 1398/13/13 at 11:20am
WARNING: (I think) I have a new set of UE cables in and I tested the polarity - Bummer - it looks like they ARE reversed (my older ones I replaced the connectors with new ones) This means your cables would have to exit down ala standard earbuds for these to have correct polarity.
I took a look at: http://www.head-fi.org/t/527715/reverse-polarity-in-iems
Now that said, since both are reversed, is this actually an issue?
Edited by JeremyLaurenson - 8/13/13 at 11:34amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iPhone cable (with mic) for UE or JH IEM's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 38 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Choosing an external sound card for good headphones (HD 600-650, DT... 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Meier Corda Rock 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Is a lossy-lossy conversion process really that degrading in terms... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)