- 4,707 Posts. Joined 8/2007
- Location: Pyeongtaek, South Korea
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
why do you choose headphones? - Page 6post #76 of 1073/5/10 at 11:53pmMainly because i dont have the space or the funds to buy the magnepan speakers that i want, and all the associated electronics for them. But i actually think that my jh-13's sound better than the maggies, just there is something about speakers, and feeling the music. Though i do love being able to move around and do things while listening with perfect sound, which cant be done with speakers.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 1073/6/10 at 12:11ampost #78 of 1073/6/10 at 1:07ampost #79 of 1073/6/10 at 3:26amI use headphones because I live in a small apartment, and I'm up all night every night. If I blared my speakers at the volume that I'd like, there's no way my neighbors would get any sleep. Also, to get speakers to sound GOOD in my room would require some kind of acoustic treatment I'm sure; with headphones I never have to worry about that.post #80 of 1073/6/10 at 3:28ampost #81 of 1073/6/10 at 8:24ambudget - considering there are other things in life besides headphones, making a decision based on available funds & limit to spend on each thing that is nagging my wallet. i think we all know our limits & ofcourse, some people are more serious about their hobbies than others.
some denon in-ears for my ipod, because for when i wanna travel light + want something better than CX300s - will probably upgrade later (& i'm still debating with myself IEMs vs cans... for this reason i held off buying proper IEMs);
HD25-1s i needed for mixer / other electronic equipments, & i chose them for the sturdy / closed design pushing bass directly into my ears - though have found they go well with ipod too
HD595 for home listening & for my laptop, wouldn't call myself an audiophile but did my research & when they were at discount, could not refuse.
without the need for isolation, i find myself swapping duties with these & HD25-1.
i would say the main reason for me choosing cans over IEMs (mostly) is because i always seem to be fiddling with the damn in-ears getting them to fit, so i'm reluctant to spend so much if i can't get them to fit right. IEM fit is critical imo, you need to get the right seal AND perfect balance between L&R overwise you go mad. with cans you can just plonk them on yer head, adjust once for the sweet-spot then you're done.post #82 of 1073/6/10 at 1:43pmLack of space.
my way my room is designed...i cant enjoy the speakers fully.
maybe few years from now when i have my own house...i ll build an AV Room with great set of speakers and acoustically treated walls.post #83 of 1073/6/10 at 8:07pmpost #84 of 1076/5/10 at 2:38pmpost #85 of 1076/5/10 at 3:09pmQuote:
This substituting 'significant other' with 'family'.
post #86 of 1076/5/10 at 3:30pm
Because it give a different presentation of the music than speakers, you don't have to worry about speakers placement and more importantly -for me- you can use them while relaxing on a bed/sofa with closed eyes and really get involved in the music.
But i use them rarely, speakers are better in almost every way.
Edited by Omega17TheTrue - 6/5/10 at 3:32pmpost #87 of 1076/5/10 at 10:57pm
I would rather the music I listen to be kept to myself, not blaring through the whole house where others can hear it. If the neighbours don't like it, stuff them. They can't complain of excessive noise until it is midnight.post #88 of 1076/5/10 at 11:00pmpost #89 of 1076/6/10 at 12:22pm
I like both; headphones for.... the high quality sound.... the overall intimacy I get with me and my music. Everything is right there and I can walk around, become mobile, and get this sound wherever I am (granted only if it's quiet).
I only listen to speakers when I want to feel the music; electronic/rap/rock/hip hop/metal.... the genres that I want to blast as loud as I can. I use speakers for that.post #90 of 1076/6/10 at 12:31pm
I use headphones for watching movies and listening to music during night when everyone is sleeping. I like to have my movies and music loud; therefore with headphones, I won't wake up people in the household. Also, I find headphones provide better comfort and sound quality than IEMs.
- why do you choose headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 10 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics,... 6 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 7 minutes ago
- › Looking for a DAC and Headphone Amp 8 minutes ago
- › ipod classic gen3 8 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 10 minutes ago
- › Recommend Headphones for Gaming. 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...