- 4,706 Posts. Joined 8/2007
- Location: Pyeongtaek, South Korea
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
why do you choose headphones? - Page 6post #76 of 1073/5/10 at 11:53pmMainly because i dont have the space or the funds to buy the magnepan speakers that i want, and all the associated electronics for them. But i actually think that my jh-13's sound better than the maggies, just there is something about speakers, and feeling the music. Though i do love being able to move around and do things while listening with perfect sound, which cant be done with speakers.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 1073/6/10 at 12:11ampost #78 of 1073/6/10 at 1:07ampost #79 of 1073/6/10 at 3:26amI use headphones because I live in a small apartment, and I'm up all night every night. If I blared my speakers at the volume that I'd like, there's no way my neighbors would get any sleep. Also, to get speakers to sound GOOD in my room would require some kind of acoustic treatment I'm sure; with headphones I never have to worry about that.post #80 of 1073/6/10 at 3:28ampost #81 of 1073/6/10 at 8:24ambudget - considering there are other things in life besides headphones, making a decision based on available funds & limit to spend on each thing that is nagging my wallet. i think we all know our limits & ofcourse, some people are more serious about their hobbies than others.
some denon in-ears for my ipod, because for when i wanna travel light + want something better than CX300s - will probably upgrade later (& i'm still debating with myself IEMs vs cans... for this reason i held off buying proper IEMs);
HD25-1s i needed for mixer / other electronic equipments, & i chose them for the sturdy / closed design pushing bass directly into my ears - though have found they go well with ipod too
HD595 for home listening & for my laptop, wouldn't call myself an audiophile but did my research & when they were at discount, could not refuse.
without the need for isolation, i find myself swapping duties with these & HD25-1.
i would say the main reason for me choosing cans over IEMs (mostly) is because i always seem to be fiddling with the damn in-ears getting them to fit, so i'm reluctant to spend so much if i can't get them to fit right. IEM fit is critical imo, you need to get the right seal AND perfect balance between L&R overwise you go mad. with cans you can just plonk them on yer head, adjust once for the sweet-spot then you're done.post #82 of 1073/6/10 at 1:43pmLack of space.
my way my room is designed...i cant enjoy the speakers fully.
maybe few years from now when i have my own house...i ll build an AV Room with great set of speakers and acoustically treated walls.post #83 of 1073/6/10 at 8:07pmpost #84 of 1076/5/10 at 2:38pmpost #85 of 1076/5/10 at 3:09pmQuote:
This substituting 'significant other' with 'family'.
post #86 of 1076/5/10 at 3:30pm
Because it give a different presentation of the music than speakers, you don't have to worry about speakers placement and more importantly -for me- you can use them while relaxing on a bed/sofa with closed eyes and really get involved in the music.
But i use them rarely, speakers are better in almost every way.
Edited by Omega17TheTrue - 6/5/10 at 3:32pmpost #87 of 1076/5/10 at 10:57pm
I would rather the music I listen to be kept to myself, not blaring through the whole house where others can hear it. If the neighbours don't like it, stuff them. They can't complain of excessive noise until it is midnight.post #88 of 1076/5/10 at 11:00pmpost #89 of 1076/6/10 at 12:22pm
I like both; headphones for.... the high quality sound.... the overall intimacy I get with me and my music. Everything is right there and I can walk around, become mobile, and get this sound wherever I am (granted only if it's quiet).
I only listen to speakers when I want to feel the music; electronic/rap/rock/hip hop/metal.... the genres that I want to blast as loud as I can. I use speakers for that.post #90 of 1076/6/10 at 12:31pm
I use headphones for watching movies and listening to music during night when everyone is sleeping. I like to have my movies and music loud; therefore with headphones, I won't wake up people in the household. Also, I find headphones provide better comfort and sound quality than IEMs.
- why do you choose headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 19 seconds ago
- › Best gaming headset 1 minute ago
- › Getiing a New pair og Headphones 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Upcoming Dedicated headphone amp release. 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Onkyo DP-X1 4 minutes ago
- › please recommend upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-AD900X with a 1/4"... 5 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...