- 4,604 Posts. Joined 8/2007
- Location: Pyeongtaek, South Korea
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE215 - RANTING! READ THIS BEFORE BUYING WRONG HEADPHONES or IEM Last post on 12/23/13 at 5:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Last post on 9/27/14 at 12:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
why do you choose headphones? - Page 6post #76 of 1073/5/10 at 11:53pmMainly because i dont have the space or the funds to buy the magnepan speakers that i want, and all the associated electronics for them. But i actually think that my jh-13's sound better than the maggies, just there is something about speakers, and feeling the music. Though i do love being able to move around and do things while listening with perfect sound, which cant be done with speakers.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 1073/6/10 at 12:11ampost #78 of 1073/6/10 at 1:07ampost #79 of 1073/6/10 at 3:26amI use headphones because I live in a small apartment, and I'm up all night every night. If I blared my speakers at the volume that I'd like, there's no way my neighbors would get any sleep. Also, to get speakers to sound GOOD in my room would require some kind of acoustic treatment I'm sure; with headphones I never have to worry about that.post #80 of 1073/6/10 at 3:28ampost #81 of 1073/6/10 at 8:24ambudget - considering there are other things in life besides headphones, making a decision based on available funds & limit to spend on each thing that is nagging my wallet. i think we all know our limits & ofcourse, some people are more serious about their hobbies than others.
some denon in-ears for my ipod, because for when i wanna travel light + want something better than CX300s - will probably upgrade later (& i'm still debating with myself IEMs vs cans... for this reason i held off buying proper IEMs);
HD25-1s i needed for mixer / other electronic equipments, & i chose them for the sturdy / closed design pushing bass directly into my ears - though have found they go well with ipod too
HD595 for home listening & for my laptop, wouldn't call myself an audiophile but did my research & when they were at discount, could not refuse.
without the need for isolation, i find myself swapping duties with these & HD25-1.
i would say the main reason for me choosing cans over IEMs (mostly) is because i always seem to be fiddling with the damn in-ears getting them to fit, so i'm reluctant to spend so much if i can't get them to fit right. IEM fit is critical imo, you need to get the right seal AND perfect balance between L&R overwise you go mad. with cans you can just plonk them on yer head, adjust once for the sweet-spot then you're done.post #82 of 1073/6/10 at 1:43pmLack of space.
my way my room is designed...i cant enjoy the speakers fully.
maybe few years from now when i have my own house...i ll build an AV Room with great set of speakers and acoustically treated walls.post #83 of 1073/6/10 at 8:07pmpost #84 of 1076/5/10 at 2:38pmpost #85 of 1076/5/10 at 3:09pmQuote:
This substituting 'significant other' with 'family'.
post #86 of 1076/5/10 at 3:30pm
Because it give a different presentation of the music than speakers, you don't have to worry about speakers placement and more importantly -for me- you can use them while relaxing on a bed/sofa with closed eyes and really get involved in the music.
But i use them rarely, speakers are better in almost every way.
Edited by Omega17TheTrue - 6/5/10 at 3:32pmpost #87 of 1076/5/10 at 10:57pm
I would rather the music I listen to be kept to myself, not blaring through the whole house where others can hear it. If the neighbours don't like it, stuff them. They can't complain of excessive noise until it is midnight.post #88 of 1076/5/10 at 11:00pmpost #89 of 1076/6/10 at 12:22pm
I like both; headphones for.... the high quality sound.... the overall intimacy I get with me and my music. Everything is right there and I can walk around, become mobile, and get this sound wherever I am (granted only if it's quiet).
I only listen to speakers when I want to feel the music; electronic/rap/rock/hip hop/metal.... the genres that I want to blast as loud as I can. I use speakers for that.post #90 of 1076/6/10 at 12:31pm
I use headphones for watching movies and listening to music during night when everyone is sleeping. I like to have my movies and music loud; therefore with headphones, I won't wake up people in the household. Also, I find headphones provide better comfort and sound quality than IEMs.
- why do you choose headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › alessandro ms2i no clamping force? 8 seconds ago
- › my first setup... which one though?!?! Vali vs O2 30 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 45 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › The EU deals thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 3 minutes ago
- › What would you do if you were me?! 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)