- 4,712 Posts. Joined 8/2007
- Location: Pyeongtaek, South Korea
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
BACKGROUND I enjoyed my Superlux HD-330 for several months. I always had a closed pair, an open pair, and earbuds at any given situation to cover all my needs – isolated listening, awareness of...
why do you choose headphones? - Page 6post #76 of 1073/5/10 at 11:53pmMainly because i dont have the space or the funds to buy the magnepan speakers that i want, and all the associated electronics for them. But i actually think that my jh-13's sound better than the maggies, just there is something about speakers, and feeling the music. Though i do love being able to move around and do things while listening with perfect sound, which cant be done with speakers.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 1073/6/10 at 12:11ampost #78 of 1073/6/10 at 1:07ampost #79 of 1073/6/10 at 3:26amI use headphones because I live in a small apartment, and I'm up all night every night. If I blared my speakers at the volume that I'd like, there's no way my neighbors would get any sleep. Also, to get speakers to sound GOOD in my room would require some kind of acoustic treatment I'm sure; with headphones I never have to worry about that.post #80 of 1073/6/10 at 3:28ampost #81 of 1073/6/10 at 8:24ambudget - considering there are other things in life besides headphones, making a decision based on available funds & limit to spend on each thing that is nagging my wallet. i think we all know our limits & ofcourse, some people are more serious about their hobbies than others.
some denon in-ears for my ipod, because for when i wanna travel light + want something better than CX300s - will probably upgrade later (& i'm still debating with myself IEMs vs cans... for this reason i held off buying proper IEMs);
HD25-1s i needed for mixer / other electronic equipments, & i chose them for the sturdy / closed design pushing bass directly into my ears - though have found they go well with ipod too
HD595 for home listening & for my laptop, wouldn't call myself an audiophile but did my research & when they were at discount, could not refuse.
without the need for isolation, i find myself swapping duties with these & HD25-1.
i would say the main reason for me choosing cans over IEMs (mostly) is because i always seem to be fiddling with the damn in-ears getting them to fit, so i'm reluctant to spend so much if i can't get them to fit right. IEM fit is critical imo, you need to get the right seal AND perfect balance between L&R overwise you go mad. with cans you can just plonk them on yer head, adjust once for the sweet-spot then you're done.post #82 of 1073/6/10 at 1:43pmLack of space.
my way my room is designed...i cant enjoy the speakers fully.
maybe few years from now when i have my own house...i ll build an AV Room with great set of speakers and acoustically treated walls.post #83 of 1073/6/10 at 8:07pmpost #84 of 1076/5/10 at 2:38pmpost #85 of 1076/5/10 at 3:09pmQuote:
This substituting 'significant other' with 'family'.
post #86 of 1076/5/10 at 3:30pm
Because it give a different presentation of the music than speakers, you don't have to worry about speakers placement and more importantly -for me- you can use them while relaxing on a bed/sofa with closed eyes and really get involved in the music.
But i use them rarely, speakers are better in almost every way.
Edited by Omega17TheTrue - 6/5/10 at 3:32pmpost #87 of 1076/5/10 at 10:57pm
I would rather the music I listen to be kept to myself, not blaring through the whole house where others can hear it. If the neighbours don't like it, stuff them. They can't complain of excessive noise until it is midnight.post #88 of 1076/5/10 at 11:00pmpost #89 of 1076/6/10 at 12:22pm
I like both; headphones for.... the high quality sound.... the overall intimacy I get with me and my music. Everything is right there and I can walk around, become mobile, and get this sound wherever I am (granted only if it's quiet).
I only listen to speakers when I want to feel the music; electronic/rap/rock/hip hop/metal.... the genres that I want to blast as loud as I can. I use speakers for that.post #90 of 1076/6/10 at 12:31pm
I use headphones for watching movies and listening to music during night when everyone is sleeping. I like to have my movies and music loud; therefore with headphones, I won't wake up people in the household. Also, I find headphones provide better comfort and sound quality than IEMs.
- why do you choose headphones?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › IC: Schiit Jotunheim Amp and Preamp 11 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 22 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 22 seconds ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden... 26 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-7200 33 seconds ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 51 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › AKG's new K872? 2 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear