- 939 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Thailand
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/28/10
- productK240 DFtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 6/11/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/19/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good quality DAC/amp for HD600 Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- **Nuforce Icon hdp or Matrix M Stage USB 2012* Last post on 5/31/12 at 10:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD Last post on 12/4/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC/amp to drive K701 suggestions Last post on 8/17/11 at 2:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
For those if you who know me, you know i prefer the FR curve to be as neutral as possible. I have the Etymotic ER4s (ER4p with Etymotic's 75 ohm converter cable), had the HF5, and tried many...
Around 2009, the rumbling and chatter at Headfi.org was getting louder… It was beginning to roar. There was mention of a DIY designer who had an amp that would not only change headphone...
Intro This is an IEM that caught Head-fi by storm. Featuring a single 10mm high-bandwidth dynamic, using two patented technologies, Ostry made quite the statement. A company that was...
Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. - Page 328post #4906 of 49101/23/15 at 11:58pmQuote:
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4907 of 49101/29/15 at 4:00pm
I have HD800 and it seems M-Stage HPA-2 is a match. But i understand that the DAC isn´t that great and my question is if i get an improvement if i pair it with Modi 2 UBER. I also wonder if anyone here have compared Magni 2 Uber vs M-Stage HPA-2 with HD800?
Thanks!post #4908 of 49102/19/15 at 8:36am
Does the M-Stage pair well with any electrostatics? It's output seems on the lowend of what you'd need for a high end electrostatic, but are there options that it would make sense with? I'm still enjoying my Q701s with it immensely, but if I do eventually upgrade, it's electrostatic or bust.post #4909 of 49102/20/15 at 9:23ampost #4910 of 49102/21/15 at 12:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by ShrikeT
Does the M-Stage pair well with any electrostatics? It's output seems on the lowend of what you'd need for a high end electrostatic, but are there options that it would make sense with? I'm still enjoying my Q701s with it immensely, but if I do eventually upgrade, it's electrostatic or bust.
I used to have a Matrix M Stage.
I still have a pair of Q701.
I also have the Stax SRS-2170 system.
There is no contest, the Stax beats the Q and Matrix hands down.
The Stax is a cleaner, more natural, purer sounding headphone system.
Cleaner, less grainy treble, flatter frequency response, a more realistic, less mechanical sound..
- Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Audio-Technica Debuts ATH-R70x Professional Open-Back Reference... 45 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 1 minute ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Smile 1 minute ago
- › Is Aliexpress Site trustworthy? 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Your Album of the Month 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 4 minutes ago
- › AD900X vs Q701 vs HD598 4 minutes ago
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by ClieOS
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by potatoe94
- › Alessandro MS-Pro by johndog
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3