- 1,138 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Thailand
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 7/12/10
- brandDarkvoicetagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/28/10
- productK240 DFtagged by System, 4/5/11
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 8/10/11
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 6/11/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/19/10
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 8/10/11
- productSleek Audio SA1 Siam Rosewood Earphonestagged by System, 8/10/11More
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 4/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Good quality DAC/amp for HD600 Last post on 8/15/12 at 6:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- **Nuforce Icon hdp or Matrix M Stage USB 2012* Last post on 5/31/12 at 10:06am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD Last post on 12/4/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC/amp to drive K701 suggestions Last post on 8/17/11 at 2:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. - Page 328post #4906 of 49151/23/15 at 11:58pmQuote:
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4907 of 49151/29/15 at 4:00pm
I have HD800 and it seems M-Stage HPA-2 is a match. But i understand that the DAC isn´t that great and my question is if i get an improvement if i pair it with Modi 2 UBER. I also wonder if anyone here have compared Magni 2 Uber vs M-Stage HPA-2 with HD800?
Thanks!post #4908 of 49152/19/15 at 8:36am
Does the M-Stage pair well with any electrostatics? It's output seems on the lowend of what you'd need for a high end electrostatic, but are there options that it would make sense with? I'm still enjoying my Q701s with it immensely, but if I do eventually upgrade, it's electrostatic or bust.post #4909 of 49152/20/15 at 9:23ampost #4910 of 49152/21/15 at 12:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by ShrikeT
Does the M-Stage pair well with any electrostatics? It's output seems on the lowend of what you'd need for a high end electrostatic, but are there options that it would make sense with? I'm still enjoying my Q701s with it immensely, but if I do eventually upgrade, it's electrostatic or bust.
I used to have a Matrix M Stage.
I still have a pair of Q701.
I also have the Stax SRS-2170 system.
There is no contest, the Stax beats the Q and Matrix hands down.
The Stax is a cleaner, more natural, purer sounding headphone system.
Cleaner, less grainy treble, flatter frequency response, a more realistic, less mechanical sound..post #4911 of 49152/26/15 at 11:43pmChodi
You used the M-Stage to drive your T1s before the Taurus came along, didn't you?
Which opamp did you use? What impact did it have on the sound?
My musical tastes are similar to yours (although perhaps a bit broader) and I will be re-purchasing the T1s when I have saved, so I would value your input.post #4912 of 49153/17/15 at 3:23pm
I have a several year-old M-stage that buzzes after it heats up. Anyone have any ideas on this? (Tried adjusting the grounding screw on the bottom). It's especially noticeable with low impedance headphones, not really noticeable with HD600s.post #4913 of 49153/19/15 at 1:41pmpost #4914 of 49153/19/15 at 1:43pm
- Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr - $499/£399 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 6 minutes ago
- › any meets or places to demo headphones in Omaha, NE???? 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 8 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 8 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2